burnette automotive ?? bussiness of t...

burnette automotive ?? bussiness of the year?

Posted in the Alma Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
2_alma

Waycross, GA

#1 Feb 3, 2012
Wow, what a accomplishment for Burnette Automotive, bussiness of the year, but if anyone noticed that was at this great event last night, that the partner and half owner of this bussiness was not even reconized. Yes, you heard right Teresa R.Varnedore, who mostly you deal with, that RUNS the bussiness basically. She is partners with Bruce Burnette, she bought Terry Barbers half of the bussiness, and for some reason gets no recoginiton at all! The fact of the matter is, Bruce is a self proclaimed Christian, but can screw over and shit on his own bussiness/long time friend.
Instead of making a scene, and letting everyone know how Bruce really is, Teresa just keeps on working, letting him take all the Glory for everything, but their employees know that he lie,cheats,and steals from their checks, and from the customers too. Bruce will be found out in time, really what goes up must come down. right. Very sad.
Anonymous

Alma, GA

#2 Feb 3, 2012
OH MY THE TRUTH HAS FINALLY ARIVED.. HE HIDES BEHIND THE CROSS... I KNOW HE LIES... HE HAD LIED TO ME.. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR OTHER'S COMMENTS..
dip

Coral Gables, FL

#3 Feb 3, 2012
2_alma wrote:
Wow, what a accomplishment for Burnette Automotive, bussiness of the year, but if anyone noticed that was at this great event last night, that the partner and half owner of this bussiness was not even reconized. Yes, you heard right Teresa R.Varnedore, who mostly you deal with, that RUNS the bussiness basically. She is partners with Bruce Burnette, she bought Terry Barbers half of the bussiness, and for some reason gets no recoginiton at all! The fact of the matter is, Bruce is a self proclaimed Christian, but can screw over and shit on his own bussiness/long time friend.
Instead of making a scene, and letting everyone know how Bruce really is, Teresa just keeps on working, letting him take all the Glory for everything, but their employees know that he lie,cheats,and steals from their checks, and from the customers too. Bruce will be found out in time, really what goes up must come down. right. Very sad.
Well post your real name for all to see after making those accusations. I love Teresa but Ill be forwarding all this to them both

Since: Feb 12

Alma, GA

#4 Feb 4, 2012
Well I think it's a shame to try and trash someone that's working so hard to build their business up. I know ALL the people at Burnette Auto and they are a fine group of people. They always treat their customers like they would want to be treated and I know Bruce has always went out of his way to make sure the customer is taken care of so in my book you couldn't go wrong by doing business with them. Sounds like the person that wrote the first comment is just jealous of how good his business is doing.
Hip

Jesup, GA

#5 Feb 4, 2012
Someone is obviously trying to ruin this business. Possibly an ex wife or another business that is the competitor. I have done business with Burnette Automotive in the past and was well pleased. It's hard to find a good honest mechanic that knows what he is doing. Bruce and his staff do great work and I will continue to allow them to repair my automobiles.
HookedonPhonics

Alma, GA

#6 Feb 5, 2012
Agreed and you notice the COWARD original poster is long gone.
cly8606

Alma, GA

#7 Feb 6, 2012
And actually, since it was a SURPRISE to Bruce - and SOMEONE ELSE, not HIM - wrote the info about the business, why blame him? I'm sure when he was introduced, had the person giving the award KNOWN Teresa was part owner, they would have mentioned her. We know Teresa and Bruce BOTH work hard. Stop trying to cause drama between them! The fault was with the pre-award research, NOT BRUCE. Pretty sure he mentioned Teresa in his acceptance speech, but could be wrong. Even if he didn't, Lord, can you imagine the PRESSURE of having to speak in front of HUNDREDS of people with no notice?
agree

Alma, GA

#8 Feb 6, 2012
cly8606 wrote:
And actually, since it was a SURPRISE to Bruce - and SOMEONE ELSE, not HIM - wrote the info about the business, why blame him? I'm sure when he was introduced, had the person giving the award KNOWN Teresa was part owner, they would have mentioned her. We know Teresa and Bruce BOTH work hard. Stop trying to cause drama between them! The fault was with the pre-award research, NOT BRUCE. Pretty sure he mentioned Teresa in his acceptance speech, but could be wrong. Even if he didn't, Lord, can you imagine the PRESSURE of having to speak in front of HUNDREDS of people with no notice?
I agree with you on this, I for one personally know the Bruce HATES to speak in front of a crowd. He did not even want to speak at his anniversary cookout and sing. And Teresa did not get up there then and say anything so why is this one time any different. And unless you are part of the ownership if the business you don't know who owns what part, she may not even own half of it, it could be just a percentage such as 25% or less. Of all people in Bacon County, I would have never thought people would have bashed Bruce on here. He is a great man and is very supportive in any event that goes on in Bacon County donating his hard earned money - this includes donating to local sports and school activities for our children. I for one would like to thank Bruce for all he has done and in my opinion I seen him getting business of the year months ago, he along with the whole staff up there has worked very hard to earn this. So CONGRATULATION BURNETTE AUTOMOTIVE you ALL deserve IT!!!
corncob

Alma, GA

#9 Feb 8, 2012
i thought it was very nice for their business to be selected and they all are doing a good job. if things go wrong and people are unhappy they gave a choice to go elsewhere. so far i hv had work done ther and i am satisfied customer, don'think he left teresa out on purpose, things just went so fast he was not prepared. if you noticed, our superintendent did the same thing, he did not introduce any of the board members and i thought embarrassing for them to walk up there on stage and walk right off. nobody plans for these things because it is a surprise and i am sure things would have done different if they were prepared. lighten up and say something good or don;t say it.
crazy01

Alma, GA

#10 Feb 9, 2012
o-i-c-u-8-1-2----->mr. bruce !! and thats nice!!
timeout

Gray, GA

#11 Feb 11, 2012
I don't have alot of nice things to say about Bruce burnett.I had new brake pads and shoes put on my car the first of last year and they have squealed like crazy. He refused to fixed them. HE TOOK THE shims OFF AND SAID THEY WERE NOT NEEDED ON MY CAR. BULL SHIT!!!!TOYOTA REQUIRES THEM!!! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS THEY ARE NOT RESPONSABLE. I LISTEN TO THIS NOISE FOR A YEAR BECAUSE I COULDN'T AFFORD TO GET THEM FIXED AGAIN SO SOON..HE NEEDS TO LEARN A NEW MEATHOD OF DEALING WITH HIS CUSTOMERS AND STOP LIEING TO THEM. BECAUSE HE IS A BIG DOG IN THE CHURCH AND AROUND TOWN DOESN'T MEAN GOD IS NOT WATCHING HIS EVERY ACTION . YOU DON'T GET TO HEAVEN ON BROKEN PROMISES AND LIES. THE BRAKES WERE A CHEAT SET AND HE GOT AWAY WITH MY MONEY. HE ALSO NEED TO TRAIN HIS MECHANICS BETTER . I AM STILL NOT A HAPPY CAMPER WITH HIM.
Alma

Alma, GA

#12 Feb 11, 2012
That suprises me. With his son's "side business" being carried out up there you would think they would have put the best brakes on.
time out

Gray, GA

#13 Feb 11, 2012
you would think so anyway. but the real problem was that he said the shims were not required on a cars brakes. He must be dealing with the very older make of cars.. Mine is a 2007. basically a new one.But i got them fixed a the dealership that knows how to work on the newer type cars. And the shims but back on, also. He will never get any of my bussiness again. It cost me a little more. I hope he enjoyed the money or gave it to the employee one. EVERYONE BEWARE OF PEOPLE THAT TRY TO MAKE THINGS LOOK SOMETHING THEY AREN'T.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 15, 2012
Bruce and Teresa have been my friends for a very long time and Christianity aside as that takes NO precedence with me. They are good people I didn't see where Teresa got left out of anything. As far as Bruce helping people he's helped me and lots of other people that would have been walking without his help.Without him Alma wouldn't have a competent auto repair shop I'm very thankful for what Bruce and Teresa have done for the community as most people that really know them are.
get help

Alma, GA

#15 Feb 16, 2012
Bruce and Teresa might be helping the community with auto repair while his son is also helping the few with his supply and demand business being carried out up there. They are going to wind up getting shut down, so if you need more "help" better get it fast.
get-a-clue

United States

#16 Feb 16, 2012
get help wrote:
Bruce and Teresa might be helping the community with auto repair while his son is also helping the few with his supply and demand business being carried out up there. They are going to wind up getting shut down, so if you need more "help" better get it fast.
WOW you really are ignorant aren't ya, Cletus?
AGA01

Statesboro, GA

#17 Feb 16, 2012
I've never voiced my opinion on this website because I don't find it beneficial to criticize others when we all know everybody is human and has flaws, but Bruce Burnette is a good christian man and it is hard to believe he would ever mistreat or steal from a customer. Obviously that is false information because his business is booming! I trust Bruce working on my vehicle. Always have and always will!!!
two sides

Alma, GA

#18 Feb 18, 2012
Excuse me but i beg to differ. There are SEVERAL competent auto repair shops in Alma that have HONEST technicians. Example.......Curl's Automotive, RPM, Larry's Auto Salvage, Hart's Amoco, Dixon Lube and Tube, A and M automotive. I know for a fact where there is smoke there is normally a little fire. So just saying if you take your vehicle to any repair shop it is a good idea to make sure you get a second opinion if you are going to have to shell out lots of bucks. I have heard first hand of some very shady stuff from out there and of some SHOCKING bills for relatively SIMPLE work. You are right i would not have believed this from Bruce either but then alot of people have been fooled by their nice neighbor that turned out to be a criminal. You cant see in the heart of men. Only God can.
just me

Baxley, GA

#19 Mar 6, 2012
Took my car up there and got ripped off too.I took it up there because I had always known of him to be an honest person who knew what he was doing, but after $1,200.00 for my cooling system problem, I took it to Baxley to a mechanic who told me it was the radiator and that cost me another $400.00 but it was fixed. People, don't assume just because someone calls themselves a Christian, that they really are. Some business owners in Alma tend to lean on the fact that they attend church every Sunday makes them a honest person. They hide behind that front to prosper themselves.... I know I'll never go back to Burnettes. I work to hard for my money to give it to dishonest ppl....

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#20 Mar 13, 2012
just me wrote:
Took my car up there and got ripped off too.I took it up there because I had always known of him to be an honest person who knew what he was doing, but after $1,200.00 for my cooling system problem, I took it to Baxley to a mechanic who told me it was the radiator and that cost me another $400.00 but it was fixed. People, don't assume just because someone calls themselves a Christian, that they really are. Some business owners in Alma tend to lean on the fact that they attend church every Sunday makes them a honest person. They hide behind that front to prosper themselves.... I know I'll never go back to Burnettes. I work to hard for my money to give it to dishonest ppl....
I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I do agree with your comment about not trusting someone just because they say they're a so called Christian. I would trust a bank robber more than a professed Christian because I would know where I stood with the bank robber.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawn 6 hr Papa 1
Bacon Co Recreation Board (May '15) Sat Cousinjoe 14
Kim @ Parkers Fri Girl from 19
Which Adams boy drives the white Ford? (Mar '13) Jun 23 abc 15
lesko auto sales Jun 22 steph 23
Guy named Brandon Jun 22 lolol 5
why so ashamed of the father of your child? Jun 17 TCB 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alma Mortgages