First Prev
of 2
Next Last
doe runner

Alma, GA

#1 Aug 26, 2011
Has Alma evey had a goog football team?When?who played?
Gene Hurragate

Alma, GA

#2 Aug 29, 2011
A goog team? Now thats a tall order.
Take that

Athens, GA

#3 Aug 29, 2011
Right now they have a great team.....you should have been there to see that game Friday night with BAcon County RED RAIDERS win onver Jeff Davis!
Football

Alma, GA

#4 Aug 29, 2011
Bacon should have a good team. They hired more than 6 coaches and wives to get them here. Jobs given to them instead of people born and raised in Alma. The Booster Club needs to raise more money bec. they pay for all of their rents. That is Ok bec. we won. Who needs SS teachers or nurses for the other 95% of students in the school that does not play football?
Fed Up

Alma, GA

#5 Aug 30, 2011
Yes, it's sad that so much money gets pumped into football (and its staff) and the actual "education" suffers. I've heard there are so many cuts to schools from the state, but apparently the school gets money from somewhere...new coaches, teaching positions for coaches. Of course, I'm sure we'll hear that most of it comes from touchdown club or football game revenues. Hmmm! You can't make me believe it.
VOICE OF REASON

Alma, GA

#6 Aug 31, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
Yes, it's sad that so much money gets pumped into football (and its staff) and the actual "education" suffers. I've heard there are so many cuts to schools from the state, but apparently the school gets money from somewhere...new coaches, teaching positions for coaches. Of course, I'm sure we'll hear that most of it comes from touchdown club or football game revenues. Hmmm! You can't make me believe it.
fed up, you must had to ride the pine , or played in the band!!!!
Football

Alma, GA

#7 Aug 31, 2011
You must have had to ride the pine or played in the band. Voice of Reason must have played on the field.
datruth

Alma, GA

#8 Sep 11, 2011
jobs were not created for these coachs. they filled vacant positions. touchdown club aint payin nobodys rent. and the gate $for the last 2 home games has averaged something like $16 k a game ( not counting concessions) I think new coaching staff was a great move but do wish some of that $could be used for educational purposes and not just athletics.
Musicman

White House, TN

#9 Sep 11, 2011
What is wrong with being in the band?
cky8606

Alma, GA

#10 Sep 12, 2011
Musicman, I agree. I played in the band, BUT I also supported (and still support) the football team! On that note, good OR bad, if you CARE about having a good team, come out and support them. Don't be a fair weather fan! I didn't miss a home game for the last 3 seasons and stood by our Raiders, even though times were bad. NOW, the fans are being rewarded. The game against Irwin was AWESOME Friday night, and I'm so proud of these young men! Our Raiders are rising again.*sigh* Now, if only the Dawgs would do the same...
Musicman

White House, TN

#11 Sep 12, 2011
When i was in high school bacon county had an awesome band. Noland Bishop was the band director and we put on a heck of a halftime show. Also, we had a stage band at the basketball games. Bacon County was rockin in the 70's! As we marched to the football field, playin the street beat, Kenneth Seabrook lead us as the drum major, high steppin across the 50 yard line with a lil touch of soul! Interracial relationships were umheard of. Blacks stayed on east side of town and whites on their side! Bacon County was best known for their great basketball teams. I recall dunkin wasnt allowed back in these days. But Bobby Marion would ask coach RT if it was ok ((to slam one) after we had a big lead. Bobby would slam it home, the crowd would go crazy and technical foul would be called. Those were the good ole days
RAIDER FAN

Alma, GA

#12 Sep 15, 2011
BACON COUNTY RED RAIDERS are amazing this year!! I LOVE going to the games and seeing the stands full and all of the support coming from the community!! THIS IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF PROGRAM THAT WE NEED TO GO FAR!! WAY TO GO BACON COUNTY ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT AND ALL OF THE RAIDER PLAYERS!!
way to go

Alma, GA

#13 Sep 15, 2011
:)
lucy

Baxley, GA

#14 Sep 18, 2011
HATS OFF TO THE NEW COACHES.OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!!!!! GO BIG RED..........
history

Alma, GA

#15 Sep 26, 2011
Go BIG RED!!!
reggin

Waycross, GA

#16 Sep 26, 2011
i think its sad that people are more concerned about football than the education of our children.These new coatches came with a heavy price tag. Did you know that our county has stopped prayer before the games now?
Bill

United States

#17 Sep 26, 2011
Musicman wrote:
Interracial relationships were umheard of. Blacks stayed on east side of town and whites on their side!
What does this have to do with anything?
Doe Runner

Jesup, GA

#18 Sep 27, 2011
reggin wrote:
i think its sad that people are more concerned about football than the education of our children.These new coatches came with a heavy price tag. Did you know that our county has stopped prayer before the games now?
We voted them in and We can vote them OUT.Rember this next election!!!
Jimmy

United States

#19 Sep 27, 2011
reggin wrote:
And just what was that price tag?
reggin

Waycross, GA

#20 Sep 27, 2011
The massive salaries they demanded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug Dealer Ann ? Wed Vengeance 1
County dog catcher Wed Preach 3
Jade Durrance Oct 14 Misty 31
dope boys (Jun '15) Oct 14 Kicksrt64 18
Marty Meddders & Family Oct 14 Hello Bright Eye 4
Arrest on Teakwood Oct 8 Loretta 3
What happened to Derrick Pindroh? Oct 8 Loretta 3

Alma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance