6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Shane

Mountain Home, AR

#11946 Jun 17, 2012
For all the people who forgot who left us with the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Who took a country with a huge surplus and ruined it in 8 years and who wants to blame and expect the current administration to have it fixed in a couple of years. This is for you. I’m not voting Republican on November 2nd because unlike the Tea Party I remember.
I remember which party defends tax breaks for corporations that move their operations and YOUR jobs overseas.

I remember that “nobody knew” the levees were going to break.

I remember which party was in power when my hometown of New Orleans was under water during Katrina.

I remember which party started a needless trillion dollar war in Iraq.

I remember which party took a record budget surplus and turned it into a record budget deficit.

I remember which party believes that spending money on OUR nation is wasted money.

I remember which party brought us the Wall Street bailout.

I remember which party believes in states rights unless a state passes a law that doesn’t coincide with their narrow point of view.

I remember which party blocked health care for our nation’s 9/11 first responders and clean up volunteers.

I’m not voting Republican this year because I have a memory.

I remember which party dismantled the government agencies that protect our food supply, thereby providing my family with poisonous lettuce, spinach, meat and eggs.

I’m not voting Republican this year because I have a memory.

I remember which party believes that the only problem with our nation is the wealthy don’t have enough money and enough freedom to pollute our air and water.

I’m not voting Republican this year because I do have a memory.

I remember which party worked tirelessly to destroy Social Security, Medicare, public education, civil rights, and equal pay for women.

I remember which party believes that by giving our government less money it will somehow have more money.

I remember which party was in power during every major banking crisis since 1900.

I remember which party cannot hear the screams of the people but the whispers of big business.

I remember which party wants to “take our country back” and I remember which party wants to take our country forward.

I’m not voting Republican this year because I remember.

On November 2nd, you should remember too. As they say, never forget. Don’t vote Republican on November 2nd and do our country a favor.

It is not the liberals that are braindead,

seems like they have a memorie, do you ?

---
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#11947 Jun 17, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
If you noticed, I blamed no one, I simply quoted history, I was making no argument.
The great recession began in Dec. of 2007, and according to various sources, ended in June, 09 to Aug. 2010. President Obama took office Jan. 2010. Let's say it ended Aug. 2010, that would be about 18 months after he took office.
"significantly worse" that is a subjective opinion that could be argued till the cows come home. Can you name One politician that has not failed on a campaigns promise. If you want to add this nonsense I can provide you with several campaigns promises that Bush did not keep.
Lets say it ended Aug.2010? the various sources are full of it. If it ended in aug 2010 it was only because the recession turned into a depression.

Searcy, AR

#11948 Jun 17, 2012
One of President Barack Obama's former professors appears to have turned against him, according to a recent YouTube video.

"President Obama must be defeated in the coming election," Roberto Unger, a longtime professor at Harvard Law School who taught Obama, said in a video posted on May 22. "He has failed to advance the progressive cause in the United States."

Unger said that Obama must lose the election in order for "the voice of democratic prophecy to speak once again in American life."

He acknowledged that if a Republican wins the presidency, "there will be a cost ... in judicial and administrative appointments." But he said that "the risk of military adventurism" would be no worse under a Republican than under Obama, and that "the Democratic Party proposes no new direction."

"Give the bond markets what they want, bail out the reckless so long as they are also rich, use fiscal and monetary stimulus to make up for the absence of any consequential broadening of economic and educational opportunity, sweeten the pill of disempowerment with a touch of tax fairness, even though the effect of any such tax reform is sure to be modest," he said. "This is less a project than it is an abdication."

The professor went on to list his complaints:
•"His policy is financial confidence and food stamps."
•"He has spent trillions of dollars to rescue the moneyed interests and left workers and homeowners to their own devices."
•"He has delivered the politics of democracy to the rule of money."
•"He has disguised his surrender with an empty appeal to tax justice."
•"He has reduced justice to charity."
•"He has subordinated the broadening of economic and educational opportunity to the important but secondary issue of access to health care in the mistaken belief that he would be spared a fight."
•"He has evoked a politics of handholding, but no one changes the world without a struggle."

Unger also criticized the nation's current economic policies in a recent YouTube video called "Beyond Stimulus."
stop

United States

#11949 Jun 17, 2012
happy fathers day

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11950 Jun 17, 2012
Old Army wrote:
And be like a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed a bunch of bullshit by Barney? No thanks.
great come back but history unspun by either side is the measuring stick I choose.
So What

Mayflower, AR

#11951 Jun 17, 2012
guest wrote:
One of President Barack Obama's former professors appears to have turned against him, according to a recent YouTube video.
"President Obama must be defeated in the coming election," Roberto Unger, a longtime professor at Harvard Law School who taught Obama, said in a video posted on May 22. "He has failed to advance the progressive cause in the United States."
Unger said that Obama must lose the election in order for "the voice of democratic prophecy to speak once again in American life."
He acknowledged that if a Republican wins the presidency, "there will be a cost ... in judicial and administrative appointments." But he said that "the risk of military adventurism" would be no worse under a Republican than under Obama, and that "the Democratic Party proposes no new direction."
"Give the bond markets what they want, bail out the reckless so long as they are also rich, use fiscal and monetary stimulus to make up for the absence of any consequential broadening of economic and educational opportunity, sweeten the pill of disempowerment with a touch of tax fairness, even though the effect of any such tax reform is sure to be modest," he said. "This is less a project than it is an abdication."
The professor went on to list his complaints:
•"His policy is financial confidence and food stamps."
•"He has spent trillions of dollars to rescue the moneyed interests and left workers and homeowners to their own devices."
•"He has delivered the politics of democracy to the rule of money."
•"He has disguised his surrender with an empty appeal to tax justice."
•"He has reduced justice to charity."
•"He has subordinated the broadening of economic and educational opportunity to the important but secondary issue of access to health care in the mistaken belief that he would be spared a fight."
•"He has evoked a politics of handholding, but no one changes the world without a struggle."
Unger also criticized the nation's current economic policies in a recent YouTube video called "Beyond Stimulus."
You do realize of course that Unger is precisely the type of Progressive/Ultra Liberal that Right Wingers like yourself despise the most. I would surmise that Unger is disappointed that Obama hasn't pursued a tougher line against Republican hardliners and Big Money but has instead sought more of the middle ground.

Which is what Presidents are supposed to do, represent the people as a whole, rather than make the same mistake of his predecessor by kowtowing to special interests and the super rich.
Bill

Benton, AR

#11952 Jun 17, 2012
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize of course that Unger is precisely the type of Progressive/Ultra Liberal that Right Wingers like yourself despise the most. I would surmise that Unger is disappointed that Obama hasn't pursued a tougher line against Republican hardliners and Big Money but has instead sought more of the middle ground.
Which is what Presidents are supposed to do, represent the people as a whole, rather than make the same mistake of his predecessor by kowtowing to special interests and the super rich.
You do realize, don't you, that Obama is such an abysmal failure that even the ultraliberals like Unger, those who have any intelligence or patriotism at all, want him gone; or is that too complicated for you to grasp.
deep

Little Rock, AR

#11953 Jun 17, 2012
Haha when I think of Obama, my stomach turns..
spirit kids

United States

#11954 Jun 17, 2012
at least Obama doesn't have spirit children like Romney does.
Shure thing.

Vilonia, AR

#11955 Jun 17, 2012
Yup
Observor

Cabot, AR

#11956 Jun 17, 2012
spirit kids wrote:
at least Obama doesn't have spirit children like Romney does.
But if he did, they would look like Trayvon Martin
tete

Little Rock, AR

#11957 Jun 17, 2012
tete
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

#11958 Jun 17, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
If you noticed, I blamed no one, I simply quoted history, I was making no argument.
The great recession began in Dec. of 2007, and according to various sources, ended in June, 09 to Aug. 2010. President Obama took office Jan. 2010. Let's say it ended Aug. 2010, that would be about 18 months after he took office.
"significantly worse" that is a subjective opinion that could be argued till the cows come home. Can you name One politician that has not failed on a campaigns promise. If you want to add this nonsense I can provide you with several campaigns promises that Bush did not keep.
That's lame. You clearly implied that Bain was to fault. Bain is a liberal hot topic talking point right now and you simply just fell in line like other liberal sheep.

Are you saying that we are out of a recession? This is as clear of an example of liberals being out of touch as I have seen. Tell that to American families who have lost 40% of their wealth and 8% of their income levels just trying to make ends meet during this horrific presidency. Try telling that to the 20-25% of the unemployed or underemployed in this nation where only 8.2% still can muster enough energy to even go looking for a job. In the face of all of this, it baffles me as to how anyone can say Obama has been anything but an abject failure. Yet you do.
Observor

Cabot, AR

#11959 Jun 17, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
That's lame. You clearly implied that Bain was to fault. Bain is a liberal hot topic talking point right now and you simply just fell in line like other liberal sheep.
Are you saying that we are out of a recession? This is as clear of an example of liberals being out of touch as I have seen. Tell that to American families who have lost 40% of their wealth and 8% of their income levels just trying to make ends meet during this horrific presidency. Try telling that to the 20-25% of the unemployed or underemployed in this nation where only 8.2% still can muster enough energy to even go looking for a job. In the face of all of this, it baffles me as to how anyone can say Obama has been anything but an abject failure. Yet you do.
Barney is a firm believer that the idea of free enterprise is dead and the state should make all decisions concerning the economy. Nearly every case that he mentioned ends with the company either continuing or being acquired by another company and in most cases being more successful. Barney rationale is the reason we are loosing so much industries to overseas. He doesn't want productivity, just jobs, doesn't matter if the company will continue or if the positions are necessary, the position must ve kept at all costs. Newspapers keep positions filled where that job hasn't been existence in years, rail roads just recently were able to eliminate cabooses on their trains even though there had not been any need for years. We have lost so much of our industries because unions demands that historical positions be staffed. Look at what has happened to steel, ships, electronics and especially automotive. I come from a family with strong union ties, I think the unions will be here long after the industries have left.
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

#11960 Jun 17, 2012
Shane wrote:
For all the people who forgot who left us with the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Who took a country with a huge surplus and ruined it in 8 years and who wants to blame and expect the current administration to have it fixed in a couple of years. This is for you. I’m not voting Republican on November 2nd because unlike the Tea Party I remember.
No doubt Bush 43 was a bad president but this administration knew exactly where we stood and still chose to run up record deficits. They could have cut spending but instead decided to put the pedal to the metal.
Hurricane Katrina was not the Republicans fault. Bush doing a fly over is just as bad as Obama not going directly down to the BP oil spill.
Unlike Obama, Bush went to congress to get approval to go to war and that approval could not have happened had many democrats not voted for it.
As for surplus to deficit goes I have always said Bush 43 was a bad president.
Not sure what you are talking about when you say spending money on our nation is wasted.
Not being cold hearted but first responders know the dangers of their jobs. Besides, they have excellent health insurance benefits already on the tax payers dime.
Did any of your family get food poisoning from any of the items listed and if so, did you trace it back to a food company that wasn't properly inspected. I doubt it.
Dirty air and water by Republicans are just liberal talking points that have no basis what so ever. There will always be those that are good at making money and unless you are willing to go through what their families went through to get wealthy then you don't have any claim to their fortunes.
N. Dakota has more money than it knows what to do with by having a pro private sector government and low taxes. They even tried to elominate more taxes. Another liberal talking point from you.
Plenty of blame to go around on both sides in the banking crisis.
To say that people are screaming is just a failed attempt at a pull at heart strings.
Moving forward means being like the rest of the world so I too vote to take our country back to re establish American exceptionalism.
I will also vote on November 2 and it will be to remove the current disaster that is our current president.
Andy is a child prodigy

Mayflower, AR

#11961 Jun 17, 2012
Observor wrote:
<quoted text>
rail roads just recently were able to eliminate cabooses on their trains even though there had not been any need for years.
BS

There hasn't been a caboose on the end of a train around here in many years.
Redd

Mayflower, AR

#11963 Jun 17, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>

Moving forward means being like the rest of the world so I too vote to take our country back to re establish American exceptionalism.
American exceptionalism started dying a bit when Europe and Asia began recovering from WWII and the effects of colonialism. We are losing ground because we ignore scientific fact and it's ramifications and continue to import cheap consumer goods instead of becoming competitive here at home.

Give tax breaks to American manufacturers who base their production in this Country, import duty the rest who export jobs overseas to to even the keel.
bystander

Mountain Home, AR

#11964 Jun 17, 2012
Observor wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney is a firm believer that the idea of free enterprise is dead and the state should make all decisions concerning the economy. Nearly every case that he mentioned ends with the company either continuing or being acquired by another company and in most cases being more successful. Barney rationale is the reason we are loosing so much industries to overseas. He doesn't want productivity, just jobs, doesn't matter if the company will continue or if the positions are necessary, the position must ve kept at all costs. Newspapers keep positions filled where that job hasn't been existence in years, rail roads just recently were able to eliminate cabooses on their trains even though there had not been any need for years. We have lost so much of our industries because unions demands that historical positions be staffed. Look at what has happened to steel, ships, electronics and especially automotive. I come from a family with strong union ties, I think the unions will be here long after the industries have left.
you know as much about train cabooses as you do about what barney thinks. not a damn thing
bystander

Mountain Home, AR

#11965 Jun 17, 2012
Cabooses were once used on nearly every freight train. Until the 1980s, laws in the United States and Canada required all freight trains to have a caboose and a full crew, for safety. Technology eventually advanced such that the railroads, in an effort to save money and reduce crew members, stated that a caboose was unnecessary and their use has since declined; they are seldom seen on trains, except on locals and smaller railroads.
Observor

Cabot, AR

#11966 Jun 17, 2012
bystander wrote:
Cabooses were once used on nearly every freight train. Until the 1980s, laws in the United States and Canada required all freight trains to have a caboose and a full crew, for safety. Technology eventually advanced such that the railroads, in an effort to save money and reduce crew members, stated that a caboose was unnecessary and their use has since declined; they are seldom seen on trains, except on locals and smaller railroads.
Re read my post Einstein and then research why the federal law stayed around until the 80's. You might not be quite as bright as Burney, but you did type a whole sentence. Remove foot from mouth, research Einstein.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! (Nov '15) Feb 15 Hard time to do 3
Is The Van Buren Police Department supported by... (Feb '12) Feb 10 Pigs r crooks 6
local nude snapchatting (Nov '14) Feb 10 Yankerhater 2
Assessor office Feb 10 Resident of CC 1
Van Buren First Assembly pastor is a fake! (Jun '15) Feb 9 Getouttahere 3
AMBER ALERT 3 year old kidknapped (Jul '16) Feb 9 Getouttahere 2
real family, right! Chip Lockwood, (Feb '10) Jan '17 Questions 32

Alma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alma Mortgages