outsider

Everett, MA

#23 Oct 12, 2010
layla 24 is she product of the everett school system lets here it for ebonics shes afraid of losing her EBT card and having to get a job VOTE DEMOCRAT WELFARE FOR EVERYONE
GAJ

Everett, MA

#24 Oct 12, 2010
deval sucks
Gamblin man

Medford, MA

#25 Oct 12, 2010
Voter wrote:
layla24. Is there a decoder ring or an online translator needed to read your post?
SHE PROBABLY WORKS IN THE STATE HOUSE.
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Alexandria, VA

#26 Oct 12, 2010
Is it really necessary to explain competence over ineptitude?
Name one thing that Deval Patrick has actually accomplished?
The All Knowing One

Lenox, MA

#27 Oct 12, 2010
Deval is a leader who serves and protects the people of Massachusetts and is a known quantity.
Vote Deval

Lenox, MA

#28 Oct 12, 2010
As a health insurance CEO, Charles Baker raised rates on working families and small businesses by 150%.

Those increased rates cost families $3,109 a year. During the time Baker was raising rates on families and small businesses, his own salary tripled to over $1.7 million a year.

Deval Patrick capped premium increases for small businesses, to help people get some breathing room from those spiraling health care costs. Charles Baker (and Tim Cahill) stood with insurance lobbyists and opposed those caps
deval devil

Malden, MA

#29 Oct 12, 2010
He must go back to Chicago. And his little friend too.
Enough already

Stoughton, MA

#30 Oct 12, 2010
Deval has learned a lot and done a good job with a tough hand.
independent

Clifton Park, NY

#32 Oct 12, 2010
he is the best governor for this state and is fixing everything and stopping the deficits that have since the financial crisis hit everywhere
Hahahaha

Fitchburg, MA

#33 Oct 12, 2010
Enough already wrote:
Deval has learned a lot and done a good job with a tough hand.
Like.......what?
Ms Ineptitude

Lenox, MA

#34 Oct 12, 2010
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
Is it really necessary to explain competence over ineptitude?
Name one thing that Deval Patrick has actually accomplished?
Name one thing? He has pissed you off, that itself is worth my vote!
JR

Pepperell, MA

#35 Oct 12, 2010
we need some real change in this state, not just another wind bag politician.
Jim

Boston, MA

#36 Oct 12, 2010
You have to go back to 'The Duke' to find a Governor as bad as Deval.

but Mike at least had the decency to NOT look down his nose at you, while he was driving the state into the ground.

This guy is both horrible at his job, AND smug about it.

I guess we forgot the secret to being a 1 party state is to keep a token Republican in the corner office (to veto some of that Hope & Change).

Hopefully we'll get it right this time.
themanintheyello what

United States

#37 Oct 12, 2010
I needs my EBT card so I can rent movies at Redbox.
Jim

Boston, MA

#38 Oct 12, 2010
independent wrote:
he is the best governor for this state and is fixing everything and stopping the deficits that have since the financial crisis hit everywhere
This state was in pretty good state when he was handed the keys to the corner office,

If a Republican had done what Deval has 'accomplished' would you be as understanding & forgiving of him?
What a bunch of hooey

Worcester, MA

#39 Oct 12, 2010
I can't vote for a guy who lies about the supposed largest funding to the schools in the history of the Commonwealth. He's done nothing to get his agenda through the House & Senate. Can't do 4 more of the same. Vote Baker!
Rug Doctor

Boston, MA

#40 Oct 12, 2010
Some of these comments are just stunning! If you think Duval Patrick is a good governor you need to get you head out of the sand! He raised taxes 8 times! Do you pay taxes? Or do you get the handout? Even Cahill in his ads on tv tell you about Patrick's failed politics. Working people are at a point where it is not worth going to work anymore because they are being taxed at over 40% between the Feds and State and I'm not even counting the sales tax, property tax, gas tax etc we take for granted.

Here's something you should all remember: Why do LAWYERS run for political positions? Shouldn't a good lawyer be able to have a good life making money as a lawyer? Has a lawyer ever taken a business course? I can't wait til Deval loses and he can take his Cadillac and drapes and stick them right up his a$$.
Jim

Boston, MA

#41 Oct 12, 2010
Rug Doctor wrote:
Why do LAWYERS run for political positions?
Well I can think of two 'lawyers' that live in a white house that both 'voluntarily' gave up their rights to practice law.

Draw your own conclusions why anyone would:
spend $100K plus for the finest law schools,
years to study for and finally pass the bar,
become an attorney,
and then 'voluntarily' forfeit your legal right to practice law.

For the record, I liked Clinton as president,
but he is also among those lawyers no longer able to practice law.

Maybe politics is what lawyers fall back on when they can't keep their licenses.

Not a Townie

Hanson, MA

#42 Oct 12, 2010
I will vote for Baker...He will be much more fiscally responsible, fight to keep taxes lower, hopefully do something about the problem with illegals and out of control social programs and above all bring some balance and compromise to this ultra liberal Massachusetts political machine.
Hmmmm

Pittsfield, MA

#44 Oct 12, 2010
Not a Townie wrote:
I will vote for Baker...He will be much more fiscally responsible, fight to keep taxes lower, hopefully do something about the problem with illegals and out of control social programs and above all bring some balance and compromise to this ultra liberal Massachusetts political machine.
Not a Townee thats slang the college kids use when reffering to the local towns people you go to MCLA? Williams College?

Lets see Baker will keep taxes down for corporations by elliminating the minimum corpoarte tax entirely so when you file your taxes you'll be funding the corporate welfare program. Kinda funny huh you payin welfare money to the guy crackin the whip on your back.

I don't know what you expect as far as controling these social programs most of them are there for a reason get rid of them it will soon be painfully apparent why they were there, Baker knows some of this.

I think what your expecting Baker to do and what you'll actually get out of him are going to be two very different things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serial rapist found guilty in Allston rape case Jun '14 rere 1
Oft-criticized landlord gets board approval Jun '14 reality is a crutch 1
Person stabbed during fight in Allston, police say Jun '14 reality is a crutch 1
Boston to swap parking for 'parklets' in 3 dist... (May '13) May '13 Mary 1
Do NOT BUY Nature's Bouny products (Feb '13) Feb '13 Natures Bounty 1
One-legged 76-year-old busted in drug sting (Apr '08) Sep '12 Matina Menaila 4
Review: Allston Towing Service & Repair (Apr '11) May '12 joe 2

Allston News Video

Allston Dating
Find my Match

Allston Jobs

Allston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Allston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Allston