almighty tax assessor

almighty tax assessor

Posted in the Allons Forum

people of clay county

Cookeville, TN

#1 Feb 4, 2013
any one that would like to make a honest post on your tax assessor billy smith would like to hear them then may have a few of my own
Ace

Livingston, TN

#2 Feb 5, 2013
people of clay county wrote:
any one that would like to make a honest post on your tax assessor billy smith would like to hear them then may have a few of my own
YOU ARE ONE PERSON WITH YOUR OPINION. NOT THE PEOPLE OF CLAY COUNTY, YOU ARE A PERSON OF OR FROM CLAY COUNTY, AS FOR SMITH SOME PEOPLE LIKE HIM SOME DON'T
Gus

Celina, TN

#3 Feb 5, 2013
He treats everyone equal.....
Jim

Gainesboro, TN

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Billy is good at his job, is polite and professional if you need assistance, does not give "special favors" to anyone, and will stay in that office for as long as he wishes because the MAJORITY of voters in Clay County approve of his performance in office. Is that honest enough for you?

Livingston, TN

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Doing a great job keep up the good work
yadda

Gainesboro, TN

#6 Feb 5, 2013
There, you have a few, so it is your turn bigmouth!
Cityslicker

Gainesboro, TN

#7 Feb 5, 2013
My family does not have any issues with the assessor. We feel that he does a good job with what he's been given. He's always been respectful and when we had questions or concerns he's been there to help. All you have to do is call and ask or go there and he will tell ya how it is.
Now the county commissioners is another thing..... Thanks to them we all got a tax increase... Pay for a new jail..... Yea boy!

Celina, TN

#8 Feb 5, 2013
you know what, you suck. you gotta problem. vote for the next guy during the next election. and if you lose your vote, well, you're a dumbass
The Truth

Livingston, TN

#9 Feb 6, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text> you know what, you suck. you gotta problem. vote for the next guy during the next election. and if you lose your vote, well, you're a dumbass
If you lose your vote? How does one lose one's vote? I mean, besides in obvious way's. But as you stated " Vote for the next guy" Other than the incumbent. The next guy would a candidate. But if you lose your vote, than you can't vote. You know what? You and I both just made you,look like the Dumb-ass. Know, that being stated. I like Mr. Smith, I don't like our Trustee though! And that vote i will exercise to vote in a new candidate.
The Truth

Livingston, TN

#10 Feb 6, 2013
Cityslicker wrote:
<quoted text>
My family does not have any issues with the assessor. We feel that he does a good job with what he's been given. He's always been respectful and when we had questions or concerns he's been there to help. All you have to do is call and ask or go there and he will tell ya how it is.
Now the county commissioners is another thing..... Thanks to them we all got a tax increase... Pay for a new jail..... Yea boy!
Well city slicker my Taxes actually went down $300. From 2011's $1600 too 2012 $1300. The Value of my property (Having no structural changes) Has decreased $19,000. Who's fault is that? It had nothing to do with the Commissioners. But likely had everything to do with the Assessor. But I'm not on the market so what do I care, Thank's Mr. Smith you'll get my vote!!

Celina, TN

#11 Feb 6, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> If you lose your vote? How does one lose one's vote? I mean, besides in obvious way's. But as you stated " Vote for the next guy" Other than the incumbent. The next guy would a candidate. But if you lose your vote, than you can't vote. You know what? You and I both just made you,look like the Dumb-ass. Know, that being stated. I like Mr. Smith, I don't like our Trustee though! And that vote i will exercise to vote in a new candidate.
then why did you bring up billy's name at all, when you should've started this whole thread about the trustee. it's two different offices you dumbass. now this time you're also an idiot.
Cityslicker

Stanfield, NC

#12 Feb 6, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> Well city slicker my Taxes actually went down $300. From 2011's $1600 too 2012 $1300. The Value of my property (Having no structural changes) Has decreased $19,000. Who's fault is that? It had nothing to do with the Commissioners. But likely had everything to do with the Assessor. But I'm not on the market so what do I care, Thank's Mr. Smith you'll get my vote!!
What I've been told is that the state comes in for reappraisal anyway every 5 or 6 years and that values go up and tax rates come down. Tax rate with state went to 2.95 and the commissioners decided to leave it at 3.10 that way the increase would bring more money in for the jail. So that's like an extra 150,000... So my complaint is not with him.
Cityslicker

Stanfield, NC

#13 Feb 6, 2013
what did you do get the wrong guy? You haven't responded and you said you had opinions!!!
The Truth

Livingston, TN

#14 Feb 6, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>then why did you bring up billy's name at all, when you should've started this whole thread about the trustee. it's two different offices you dumbass. now this time you're also an idiot.
Gezz your real quick with the name calling aren't you. I can't "Start" this tread because it has already been started, On "Billy"! And again!!, I have no problem with Mr. Smith. And of course I know they are two different offices held by two different Individual's. One whom this Tread is in reference to. The other whom I choose to mention because it's my giving right to rant about any public official on any tread I choose, and since this is a political tread I choose to complain about Mr. Key in his official capacity as County Trustee. Nothing dumb-ass or Idiot about that. You on the other hand are looking more and more Dumb-ass with every post you make. Keep it up though, your good for Laugh's!!
Jim

Gainesboro, TN

#15 Feb 6, 2013
Charlie Key is a honest man and does his job with courtesy and professionalism. He will have my vote as long as he continues to manage that office like he always has. The person starting this thread is a troll looking to stir sh!t.
The Truth

Livingston, TN

#16 Feb 6, 2013
Cityslicker wrote:
<quoted text>
What I've been told is that the state comes in for reappraisal anyway every 5 or 6 years and that values go up and tax rates come down. Tax rate with state went to 2.95 and the commissioners decided to leave it at 3.10 that way the increase would bring more money in for the jail. So that's like an extra 150,000... So my complaint is not with him.
Your absolutely right, My tax rate for both yrs 11,12 were both 3.1000. Though the land value decreased considerably and the improvement's increased slightly and I haven't changed a thing in 20yr's.

Celina, TN

#17 Feb 6, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> Gezz your real quick with the name calling aren't you. I can't "Start" this tread because it has already been started, On "Billy"! And again!!, I have no problem with Mr. Smith. And of course I know they are two different offices held by two different Individual's. One whom this Tread is in reference to. The other whom I choose to mention because it's my giving right to rant about any public official on any tread I choose, and since this is a political tread I choose to complain about Mr. Key in his official capacity as County Trustee. Nothing dumb-ass or Idiot about that. You on the other hand are looking more and more Dumb-ass with every post you make. Keep it up though, your good for Laugh's!!
i'm the one laughing you moron. you're just trying to worm your way out of this one. you know you screwed up from the beginning. you know you should have been talking about mr. key from the start. i'm laughin my butt off here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teacher 19 min victor 38
Election 24 min Lou 13
Taxes 4 hr Just the facts 7
e911 4 hr Just the facts 25
Memorial Day 4 hr Billy 16
County Executive 4 hr Just the facts 36
New Jail and Dispatch Center in Byrdstown (Jun '17) 4 hr Just the facts 150

Allons Jobs

Personal Finance

Allons Mortgages