Alleged Drug Dealer Applies For Police Job | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS 21
An alleged drug dealer applied for a job at the Alliance Police Department. Detectives said unbeknownst to Lori Furry, she was already under investigation for selling narcotics. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TeaMan

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 May 25, 2010
Once the big "H" or Meth get ahold of someone, their entire existance is oriented towards obtaining more. Morality, logic, even a sense of self go right out the window. The brain becomes a machine whose sole purpose is to feed itself more drugs - they aren't really even human anymore as we understand it. Sometimes these people can function for a while, so long as the brain is getting the drugs it needs regularly. Eventually of course it ends in prison or the graveyard. The success rate for treating Heroin or Meth addiction is under 5%, practically futile. For the love of God, keep your teens away from the heavy stuff...
Jon H

Columbus, OH

#2 May 25, 2010
If she hasn't been found guilty of a crime, they have to hire her I'd think assuming she would pass any drug screening test.
TeaMan

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 May 25, 2010
Jon H wrote:
If she hasn't been found guilty of a crime, they have to hire her I'd think assuming she would pass any drug screening test.
She's dealing to support a habit.
sjm

Columbus, OH

#5 May 25, 2010
I'm trying to decide if I think she is delusional for thinking she really had a chance... or if I think she just has the biggest b*lls known to mankind.
get real

Columbus, OH

#6 May 25, 2010
I have problems with them calling her a "known drug dealer" until she is convicted in a court of law. And I'd imagine if she is, she'd have some leads for them. Also, she probably wouldn't be the first dealer a police force employed, though it might have been one of the first that was hired as such ;)

“Time traveler”

Since: Apr 10

At large

#7 May 25, 2010
Sure wish I could have been there to see the expression on her face. She probably thought the cops were there to tell her about the good job she had just been hired for.
Thor

Westerville, OH

#8 May 25, 2010
This has to be the dumbest woman ever to walk the face of the earth. What in the world was she thinking? Since she was in Alliance I would assume she is a Mt. Union grad.
Chatanuga

Columbus, OH

#11 May 26, 2010
get real wrote:
I have problems with them calling her a "known drug dealer" until she is convicted in a court of law.
I'm pretty certain that if officers had already purchased drugs from her that she is "known" to be selling drugs.
Unbelievable

Columbus, OH

#12 May 26, 2010
She can be a known drug dealer without being convicted. Once she's been convicted than she will be a known convicted drug dealer.

You're correct there are mostly a number of drug dealers working in the police department. Your point? Are you saying if there's one dealing what harm would one more make?????
get real wrote:
I have problems with them calling her a "known drug dealer" until she is convicted in a court of law. And I'd imagine if she is, she'd have some leads for them. Also, she probably wouldn't be the first dealer a police force employed, though it might have been one of the first that was hired as such ;)
YUM YUM1

Pleasanton, CA

#13 May 26, 2010
dummy
Cbus

Columbus, OH

#14 May 26, 2010
HERE"S YOUR SIGN
get real

Columbus, OH

#16 May 27, 2010
billy jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Morons are people who have problems calling someone a known drug dealer when the police have made THREE drug buys from her! Maybe you think she works for CVS!
obviously I need to explain a little further. You see we have a military-like force out here in our own country that also thinks they are the judicial branch of the government. They are not. They are only the executive branch...they don't decide how to label criminals and they never should. That alone is reserved for the courts. And if they did catch her three time...well think about that for a minute. How many other people did she sell to between those three times? Why wasn't once enough? What kind of game they playing out there, letting her go that much to possibly sell to kids and other people? Really?!?!?
Craiq

Columbus, OH

#17 May 27, 2010
Dee Dee Dee
Craiq

Columbus, OH

#18 May 27, 2010
Thor wrote:
This has to be the dumbest woman ever to walk the face of the earth. What in the world was she thinking? Since she was in Alliance I would assume she is a Mt. Union grad.
Uh, people like her walk among us in Columbus all the time. I think Jackie comes to mind first. Coleman might be her last name. But not sure.
get real

Columbus, OH

#19 May 27, 2010
get real wrote:
<quoted text>obviously I need to explain a little further. You see we have a military-like force out here in our own country that also thinks they are the judicial branch of the government. They are not. They are only the executive branch...they don't decide how to label criminals and they never should. That alone is reserved for the courts. And if they did catch her three time...well think about that for a minute. How many other people did she sell to between those three times? Why wasn't once enough? What kind of game they playing out there, letting her go that much to possibly sell to kids and other people? Really?!?!?
I'm clueless and nuts because I don't understand why she didn't get pinched the first time they caught her...or is it because they waited three times to try and label her without a court as a "drug dealer"? Your opinions of what I say matter little to me, they are simply amusing and point to your own fears, insecurities, and messed up priorities.
wow

United States

#20 May 27, 2010
Um.. i can't believe this women would even try to get this job. She is SO ugly. Look at her bad skin. Did she really think she wasnt drugged out of her mind. I mean, i can tell that by just looking at the picture. she looks so burnt out.

but on the flip side, if she would have actually got hired. I would have thought she is clever. Plus, she does have a degree, so i dont want to judge her to much.
Ms Renee

Sevierville, TN

#21 May 27, 2010
They should have let her have the job, most of the cops are criminals anyway....lol
billy396

Girard, OH

#22 May 27, 2010
Those clever criminals. Why, she could have put those poor police offficers in danger! Everyone knows that Alliance, Ohio is a center for major organized criminal drug distribution gangs. Working for that juvenile crimes department, she could have been a regular Fagin. She could have built up a great empire of juvenile drug runners for her huge crime syndicate! The so-called 'drug war' and drug prohibition laws are causing so much crime that the authorities would have shelved the whole mess by now if it wasn't so profitable for them. Prohibition doesn't work, will NEVER work, and is the CAUSE of so-called 'drug-related crimes'. They're NOT drug-related crimes they are drug-LAW and prohibition related crimes, just like when they tried alcohol prohibition, and with even less success. If anyone is interested in the facts, from professional law-enforcement officers with decades of real life experience, check out L.E.A.P. on the internet. That stands for Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. These law enforcement officers have sen the devastation and mayhem caused by the drug laws. If you simply regulate and tax drugs, you can stop the crime, treat users who want treatment, keep drugs out of the hands of kids, and do much more good than just filling prisons with our citizens. The United States imprisons more of our own citizens, as a percentage and as a number of people, than any country on Earth. We also have a larger illegal drug problem than any country on Earth. Those two indisputable facts are directly inter-related. New York City, Washington, D.C., Detroit, and Chicago have had the most draconian gun-control laws anywhere for years and years, and those cities have also had the highest gun-related crime in years. It doesn't take a genius to realize that when you disarm the law-abiding citizens, you increase gun crimes, because the criminals are, by definition, NOT going to obey the laws! ANY laws! Less guns equals more crime. It's a statistically proven point. Those cities with the stiffest penalties for gun ownership have more gun crimes. Wake up and realize that disarming good people makes the criminals that much stronger.
joe signup

Columbus, OH

#23 May 27, 2010
She was called a known drug dealer because to the police she was known to sell drugs! Noone said convicted drug dealer, just known....Fact of life moron, deal with it!
get real

Columbus, OH

#24 May 27, 2010
joe signup wrote:
She was called a known drug dealer because to the police she was known to sell drugs! Noone said convicted drug dealer, just known....Fact of life moron, deal with it!
Fine, but what about the part where they got her to sell to them THREE TIMES? Is that SOP? Let a "few weeks" go by so kids and other people can get their drugs too? WHY DID THEY WAIT BEYOND THE FIRST TIME TO ARREST HER MR. ANSWERS? That department needs to be investigated ASAP!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alliance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old friends (Grubb) Jan '15 boomers79 1
Free community meals, other services continue a... Jan '15 A true catholic 1
blank scripts Dec '14 1234asdf 1
Stefani Schaefer (Oct '09) Sep '14 Bvarrecchia 55
East Liverpool Municipal (Jul '14) Jul '14 Wanda Baker 1
Lecture on Fairmount Children's Home stirs vari... (May '10) Jun '14 Rosey Nail 7
Part 1: How To Hit A Home Run Selling On eBay (May '14) May '14 Philip Cohen 2
Alliance Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Alliance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Browns' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Steelers' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
ESPN 9:25 AM
McCown expects to start at QB for Browns
NFL 1:19 PM
Lance Moore released by Pittsburgh Steelers
Bleacher Report 1:35 PM
Steelers Release WR Lance Moore