More aboard! Amtrak studies long-distance route improvements to...

In many states, travelers who take Amtrak's long-distance trains for vacations or out-of-state business trips board in the middle of the night and return home from such cities as Chicago or New York City at times that are just as inconvenient. Full Story
Att

Cleveland, OH

#1 Apr 14, 2010
public transportation is essential to our society. read more at policy matters ohio's website: http://www.policymattersohio.org/SaveTransitN...
Wilhelm

Elyria, OH

#2 Apr 14, 2010
Train travel used to be common and very reliable.
It will never return to the former until it becomes the latter again.
Sammil

Cleveland, OH

#3 Apr 14, 2010
I just got back from Washington D.C. where I had to bury a younger sister. I can only tell you I will be taking the Amtrak when I have a distance to travel. Though it may not be a very fast mode of transportation, it is indeed one of the most comfortable ways to travel. The crew was professional and I wish I were younger, and healthier. I would be putting my application in to work for the railroad. I was that impressed. Not only of those aboard the train, but the ticket agents in my hometown of Cleveland, Ohio. Being my first train ride since I was a child they were very helpful in me getting my departure times and arrival times correct, as well as any discounts I had coming as a senior! The only bad thing I have to say about my trip was getting to and from the train station. I have no mobile, and Cleveland should be ashamed! A public rail system that is suppose to be in place to bring people to the lake front, where the little station is located, and it is shut down!! Absolutely disgraceful!! WAKE UP RTA!!!!! WAKE UP Mayor Frank Jackson!!r
karon

AOL

#4 Apr 14, 2010
I think with more trains being built around the country and regions that train service will improve because the ridership will demand it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alliance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blank scripts Dec 12 1234asdf 1
Stefani Schaefer (Oct '09) Sep '14 Bvarrecchia 55
East Liverpool Municipal Jul '14 Wanda Baker 1
Lecture on Fairmount Children's Home stirs vari... (May '10) Jun '14 Rosey Nail 7
Part 1: How To Hit A Home Run Selling On eBay (May '14) May '14 Philip Cohen 2
EXCLUSIVE: Alliance Courtroom Brawl (Nov '09) May '14 Jerry 479
Cindy King appointed to 2nd Ward council seat (Mar '14) Mar '14 Mr Ryan 1
Alliance Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Alliance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Alliance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alliance

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]