Allentown community activist Tatiana ...

Allentown community activist Tatiana Tooley running for Pennsylvania House

There are 19 comments on the NJ.com story from Jan 27, 2012, titled Allentown community activist Tatiana Tooley running for Pennsylvania House. In it, NJ.com reports that:

Tatiana Tooley , a community activist and long-time Allentown resident, is seeking the Pennsylvania House of Representative seat being vacated by Jennifer Mann .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NJ.com.

absom

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jan 27, 2012
And who is paying for this campaign?

This is a typical demo plant that will be incapable of independent thought and or action.

She will always be beholden to one of her benefactors.

No real experience and not nearly as good looking as the boy wonder.

Politics in the Lehigh Valley is a despicable state of affairs.

A childish game that has little concern for the people in the community.

Who cares anyway? Let's go to the screw works for some Jim Jones cocktails.
KEEPING IT REAL

Emmaus, PA

#2 Feb 21, 2012
SHE HAS NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL, AND THERES ALOT MORE I KNOW OF HER THAT SHE HIDES FROM THE REAL WORLD. SHE IS PHONY, FAKE AND A LIAR. pRETENDS TO BE SOMEONE SHE IS NOT. SHE IS NOT THE PERSON FOR THAT JOB.......
A-Town Observer

Hellertown, PA

#3 Feb 22, 2012
absom wrote:
This is a typical demo plant that will be incapable of independent thought and or action.
I couldn't agree with you more on this. She will be a puppet for for benefactors. This is almost as funny as who ran against Jennifer Mann the last time. Some Dominican who literally can't speak English, and has eight grown children who are all on welfare as well as himself. His campaign was paid for by the Republicans to pull latino votes. And they bought him a new Camry! LOL. Very childish, again I can't agree with you more. I wander what kind of car they will buy her?! These local politicians are unreal the way they blatantly payoff people to run for office, especially the OUR state rep. position.
annoyed

Emmaus, PA

#4 Mar 4, 2012
I don’t know anything about her. As a citizen, I see this as an opportunity to hear how different candidates would deal with out problems and the creativity that they would bring to the position. Hoping for lots of open dialogue and debates. The more open, the better. It would be great if people get involved and stay involved in politics and regional policy through this process.
annoyed

Emmaus, PA

#5 Mar 4, 2012
disregard above comment wasnt for her
You crack me up

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Nov 7, 2012
If there is anyone who has done the work in Allentown is Tatiana Tooley. Each and every single one of you wrtiting crap about her haven't done any work at all for the people of Allentown nor to help the situations in Allentown. You are all bunch of behing the scene idiot critics that wouldn't know leadership if it hit you in your ugly faces.

As far as money is concern....She will never take a dime from special interest and has taken a stand against TOKENS in politics. NOT ONE OF YOU HAVE EVER MET HER NOR FOLLOWED THE REAL WORK THAT SHE HAD DONE WITHOUT ASKING FOR THE LIME LIGHT.... IDIOTS!!!
You crack me up

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Nov 7, 2012
A-Town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree with you more on this. She will be a puppet for for benefactors. This is almost as funny as who ran against Jennifer Mann the last time. Some Dominican who literally can't speak English, and has eight grown children who are all on welfare as well as himself. His campaign was paid for by the Republicans to pull latino votes. And they bought him a new Camry! LOL. Very childish, again I can't agree with you more. I wander what kind of car they will buy her?! These local politicians are unreal the way they blatantly payoff people to run for office, especially the OUR state rep. position.
==========

If there is anyone who has done the work in Allentown is Tatiana Tooley. Each and every single one of you wrtiting crap about her haven't done any work at all for the people of Allentown nor to help the situations in Allentown. You are all bunch of behing the scene idiot critics that wouldn't know leadership if it hit you in your ugly faces.

As far as money is concern....She will never take a dime from special interest and has taken a stand against TOKENS in politics. NOT ONE OF YOU HAVE EVER MET HER NOR FOLLOWED THE REAL WORK THAT SHE HAD DONE WITHOUT ASKING FOR THE LIME LIGHT.... IDIOTS!!!
You crack me up

Bethlehem, PA

#8 Nov 7, 2012
absom wrote:
==========

You crack me up

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Nov 7, 2012
KEEPING IT REAL wrote:
SHE HAS NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL, AND THERES ALOT MORE I KNOW OF HER THAT SHE HIDES FROM THE REAL WORLD. SHE IS PHONY, FAKE AND A LIAR. pRETENDS TO BE SOMEONE SHE IS NOT. SHE IS NOT THE PERSON FOR THAT JOB.......
==========

you must be on welfare......

You crack me up

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Nov 7, 2012
A-Town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
==========

“Julian's”

Since: Apr 09

Allentown,Pa

#11 Nov 7, 2012
She seems like a straight up person to me. I have only talked to her a few times but she has helped our association. She seems like she cares about Allentown and cares about the real problems in the city.
A-town Observer

Bethlehem, PA

#12 Nov 8, 2012
She is not qualified to run for State Representative, that is fact. She should stick to community organizing. Allentown needs her to do that more then anything the correct way. Weed and Seed is a run down program that houses drug dealers, another FACT. Their houses are some of the most run down in my area. As far as "You crack me up". You don't know this city as well as I do and you have NO CLUE what I do, have done, or don't do for this great city. What you type means nothing to me.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Julian strikes again. She will be here today and gone tomorrow.
Ceelee

United States

#14 Nov 8, 2012
Mike Schlossberg?

“Julian's”

Allentown,Pa

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Like I said I don't know her that much. I have only talked to her a few times.

A-town Observer - What have you done for the city? Just curious.
A-town Observer

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Nov 9, 2012
Julian Kern wrote:
Like I said I don't know her that much. I have only talked to her a few times.
A-town Observer - What have you done for the city? Just curious.
Julian, keep up the good work with the tenant rights association you are running. We truly need you to step up and hold these landlords responsible, because you know (if you want to admit it on here or not, that is understandable) most of them are out to make as much profit as they can without caring for their properties or their tenants. As far as your question to me; I was born in this city and have lived here for 27 years. I have been involved with youth associations and political organizations as a citizen that I will not disclose on this message board. I express my opinion on to many topics and it would be in my best interest not to disclose my total involvement, I am sure you understand. My biggest hope is that Allentown will continue to improve the quality of life issues
for families and to see this city prosper as myself and many others think it will in the near future. You being the president of your assoc. puts you in a position of power and control that I hope you aggressively use to steer the vast amount of landlord/tenant issues
I see everyday. Good luck.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17 Nov 9, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Julian, keep up the good work with the tenant rights association you are running. We truly need you to step up and hold these landlords responsible, because you know (if you want to admit it on here or not, that is understandable) most of them are out to make as much profit as they can without caring for their properties or their tenants. As far as your question to me; I was born in this city and have lived here for 27 years. I have been involved with youth associations and political organizations as a citizen that I will not disclose on this message board. I express my opinion on to many topics and it would be in my best interest not to disclose my total involvement, I am sure you understand. My biggest hope is that Allentown will continue to improve the quality of life issues
for families and to see this city prosper as myself and many others think it will in the near future. You being the president of your assoc. puts you in a position of power and control that I hope you aggressively use to steer the vast amount of landlord/tenant issues
Ah yes, a true legend in his own mind? Long live the slumlordian kings of downtown Allentown. Under Pud the city has deteriorated more than under any prior administration. The one truly responsible for the middle ages housing situation in the city he is. Like a kid with ADD jumping form thing to thing without any real plan. I wonder who thinks they beat who with the NIZ? It will be interesting to see as this thing progresses i.e. degenerates. Watch out for wayward tumbleweed on Hamilton Mall. Long live the Pud kind of the 4th world AKA Allentown post arena abandonment. The Phantoms will never play in Allentown.

“Julian's”

Allentown,Pa

#18 Nov 9, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and yeah I agree alot of them are just out there to make a profit and don't give a damn about the properties or the tenants.

I understand you won't say which organizations. I was just curious.

Landlords not taking care of their properties does alot to the city that some people don't think about. Most think it only affects the tenant in the building but don't look at the bigger picture. Having run down properties in the city brings more crime, property values in the neighborhood go down, makes the city's image look bad, creates safety and heath hazards, etc.

I will do what I can with the association but we need people to step up and join the association. You don't need to be a renter to join. Just an Allentown resident. The more members we have the more the city will take us serious and the more they will listen.
surrounded by ignorance

Arlington, VA

#20 Dec 28, 2013
Tatiana Tooley is perfect for running. Maybe if the ignorant people talking cap actually got to know here and see her line of work and how she has changed lives then they wouldn't be making these stupid comments. She is great women to look up to and learn from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min Yeah 1,402,996
turtle beach Reich 2 hr Hillary 2016 12
News Allentown police working to improve community r... 2 hr Hillary 2016 9
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 72,036
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr cpeter1313 311,484
News Governor visits Allentown to highlight new addi... 10 hr silly rabbit 8
the truth about the jews and israel Fri silly rabbit 15

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages