First phase of makeover complete at C...

First phase of makeover complete at Cumberland Gardens in Allentown

There are 33 comments on the WFMZ-TV Allentown story from Oct 23, 2012, titled First phase of makeover complete at Cumberland Gardens in Allentown. In it, WFMZ-TV Allentown reports that:

One of Allentown's oldest public housing complexes isn't looking so old anymore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ-TV Allentown.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
get out

Northampton, PA

#22 Oct 27, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see the blighted areas renovated that are in close proximity of our new revitalized downtown. I have no issue about making more public houses, but do they really need to make them 3 or 4 star units? I don't understand the logic. The place looks like a country club.
You would like to see the blighted areas renovated that are in close proximity of our new revitalized downtown, huh ? Wow, you really don't get it, do you ? Nobody in government cares about getting revitalization money to the privately owned properties in Allentown. Especially not the kind of money the public housing complexes get. Making and keeping private properties nice is for you owners to deal with. I'm referring to the very few owners in Allentown who still give a sh1t of course. No one is going to help make Allentown nice. Not the government or the scumbags who own far too many of the properties now. Again, all you have to do is look at Atlantic City and Camden. Building recreational areas as a means of revitalizing a city doesn't work to improve the resident's quality of life. All it does is subsidize the taxes required to keep the city afloat because the residents are in large part living below the poverty level and not paying enough to accomplish that without the big commercial taxes coming in. So, congratulations. Once downtown is thriving there will be plenty of tax money for all the extra law enforcement the rest of the city will need as it turns into a bigger and bigger shiiiithole.
get out

Northampton, PA

#23 Oct 27, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you know what your talking about. Yeah I expect them to live in row homes like almost every other housing project in America. No need to put them up in luxurious new construction units with central air and top of the line amenities. Public housing is not supposed to be better living conditions then 90 percent of the city. Doesn't make common sense does it?
That person ABSOLUTELY knows what they are talking about. I've seen it in the news and with my own eyes. Holes through walls from one row home to another is more common than you might think. The people who lived in the place I was in didn't even have the sense to hang a blanket over it when I came to repair their air conditioning.
silly rabbit

Mount Laurel, NJ

#25 Oct 27, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you know what your talking about. Yeah I expect them to live in row homes like almost every other housing project in America. No need to put them up in luxurious new construction units with central air and top of the line amenities. Public housing is not supposed to be better living conditions then 90 percent of the city. Doesn't make common sense does it?
Like pedophilism, pedophiles can be treated only to act again¿ Political parasitism is the same, once they taste stolen monies they will live to missappropreate money to there personal account again¿
Alientown

Reading, PA

#26 Oct 27, 2012
Fitus T Bluster wrote:
what does the city of Allentown plan on doing with all the section 8 slugs? the people who caused the destruction of Allentown. that`s the real problem. you can take the man out of the funk but you can`t take the funk out of the man.
Where's their landfill . How come all the in-breds in steel city get the bethlehem landfill extended into Steal City .
Mr Blinks

Allentown, PA

#27 Oct 27, 2012
get out wrote:
<quoted text>
You would like to see the blighted areas renovated that are in close proximity of our new revitalized downtown, huh ? Wow, you really don't get it, do you ? Nobody in government cares about getting revitalization money to the privately owned properties in Allentown. Especially not the kind of money the public housing complexes get. Making and keeping private properties nice is for you owners to deal with. I'm referring to the very few owners in Allentown who still give a sh1t of course. No one is going to help make Allentown nice. Not the government or the scumbags who own far too many of the properties now. Again, all you have to do is look at Atlantic City and Camden. Building recreational areas as a means of revitalizing a city doesn't work to improve the resident's quality of life. All it does is subsidize the taxes required to keep the city afloat because the residents are in large part living below the poverty level and not paying enough to accomplish that without the big commercial taxes coming in. So, congratulations. Once downtown is thriving there will be plenty of tax money for all the extra law enforcement the rest of the city will need as it turns into a bigger and bigger shiiiithole.
getout gets it. Yeah just like Camden and Atlantic City. They do not give a shat about the peeps in Allentown. It is all about the money in developing. Really - who is going to move to Allentown? For what? Come-on are you friggin kidding mw. these guys must be smoking crack. Long live poverty, a ton of money can be made off of the poor.
get out

Northampton, PA

#28 Oct 29, 2012
Mr Blinks wrote:
<quoted text>
getout gets it. Yeah just like Camden and Atlantic City. They do not give a shat about the peeps in Allentown. It is all about the money in developing. Really - who is going to move to Allentown? For what? Come-on are you friggin kidding mw. these guys must be smoking crack. Long live poverty, a ton of money can be made off of the poor.
A-Town Observer could see it too if he didn't have his head in a hole most of the time. And that hole is usually Ed Pawlowski's.
A-town Observer

Bethlehem, PA

#31 Oct 30, 2012
Mr Blinks wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going to move to Allentown? How about the thousands of people who are going to be working here in the next year or two because their companies see the advantages of relocating to the up and coming economic hub of the region. Long live Pawlowski's vision and efforts of revitalization of this great city.
rose

Whitehall, PA

#32 Oct 30, 2012
I am from the sticks. What is with the holes in the walls?
silly rabbit

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Oct 30, 2012
rose wrote:
I am from the sticks. What is with the holes in the walls?
Thats so they can sell drugs uder the watchful eyes of this administration, public cameras everywhere¿
get out

Northampton, PA

#34 Oct 30, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going to move to Allentown? How about the thousands of people who are going to be working here in the next year or two because their companies see the advantages of relocating to the up and coming economic hub of the region. Long live Pawlowski's vision and efforts of revitalization of this great city.
Back this statement with any kind of fact .
get out

Northampton, PA

#35 Oct 30, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LOOK... one more thing you were WRONG about.
silly rabbit

Mount Laurel, NJ

#36 Oct 30, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before all these thousands of part time jobs with no benifits slinging popcorn and hotdogs¿ thats right these future mindless few will make there first mil in allentown not¿
silly rabbit

Mount Laurel, NJ

#38 Oct 30, 2012
Fitus T Bluster wrote:
<quoted text>working class people are not going to move to a city full of food-stamp people.
In the Big Brown Hole Downtown there will be great unaddresed geological issues¿ This is why the area were they moved the cancer is still without power¿ While building the mudhole there were many unexplained arckyic things that were moved just like the displaced merchants. There is a difference though, merchants can assimalate to ajust, the burried things will have to be dug up again¿??¿

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min JRB 1,762,851
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Bruddah Z 341,540
Weapon x buys condoms that he never uses 6 hr Freddy 5
What the personal DM weapon x sent me said 6 hr Freddy 7
Woman takes shoes off and causes stir at 40 Below 6 hr Jasper 55
Does Kranium hear Laurel or Yanny 6 hr Jasper 6
Brown Christmas 6 hr Dawfel 8

Allentown Jobs

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages