Golfer Faces Charges in Bird Killing

Golfer Faces Charges in Bird Killing

There are 200 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Golfer Faces Charges in Bird Killing. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

PGA tour golfer Tripp Isenhour is charged in Orlando with killing a protected migratory hawk with a golf shot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
steve

Mechanicsburg, PA

#1 Mar 6, 2008
birdie!!
Natural extinction

Allentown, PA

#2 Mar 6, 2008
Seems more like an Eagle....
Voice of Reason

Coal City, IL

#4 Mar 6, 2008
Tripp who?
Julie

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 6, 2008
sick individual.. boycott him and the PGA.. I am calling Peta..
Bob

Chicago, IL

#8 Mar 6, 2008
"He just kept saying how he didn't think he could have hit it, which I think is a stupid thing for a PGA Tour golfer to say," said Jethro Senger, a sound engineer at the shoot. "He can put a ball in a hole from hundreds of yards away, and here he is hitting line drives at something that's, I don't know, a couple hundred feet away?"

Has Jethro ever hit a golf ball in his life?? Hit a ball in a hole from hundreds of yards away? Seriously???

I bet Tiger couldn't even hit that bird from a couple hundred feet with a basket of balls. It was complete, dumb (un)luck.
Tiger Is God

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 6, 2008
Someone needs anger management classes.
Carl

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 6, 2008
What an idiot. The arrogance of professional atheletes! Put him in jail with Michael Vick.
Bob

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 6, 2008
"It was one of those cases where there's some trepidation on whether or not they should speak up and do something," Senger said.

Oh yeah, some trepidation. Well, since they felt uncomfortable saying anything, they are off the hook.

Way to let the crime happen right in front of you, Mr. Moral Highground.
JAA

United States

#14 Mar 6, 2008
Put him on the golf course and let people hit balls at him. See how he likes it. A couple hundred welts & bruises should teach him a lesson. What a jer.k!
Amy Miller

Ann Arbor, MI

#15 Mar 6, 2008
They should make him collect balls at Bethlehem Muni driving range less the caged cart while others practice their tee shots.
BID Ed

Chicago, IL

#20 Mar 6, 2008
They did not know whether to speak up or not?... Idiots.
Let's thoss some balls at Isenhour's head and see if he likes it. Stupid Human Being. Remember the bird was there first and I hope he gets the maximum.
Why did that guy Senger intervene? Always at the last moment does some one with small balls speak up, only it was too late. Shameful.
Susan in Buffalo Grove

Arlington, VA

#21 Mar 6, 2008
Puppies over cliffs ... birds with golf balls ...

No end of cruelty in the human species. We are the only species that kills for sport, not for survival.
Jeff

Evanston, IL

#22 Mar 6, 2008
Yeah, we all know how this will go down. No jail time, a minimal fine.... I swear, I'm considering becoming a celebrity just so i can get away with cruel and illegal behavior.

Since: Jan 08

Norwalk, CT

#23 Mar 6, 2008
This F******* Ba***** should rot in jail.

WTF is wrong w/ people?

And why in God's name did no one try and stop him?
Chick Evans

Aurora, CO

#24 Mar 6, 2008
Birdie - 1 under par
Eagle - 2 under par
Albatross - 3 under par
Condor - 4 under par
Hawk - behind bars!
Cynic Clinic

Orlando, FL

#29 Mar 6, 2008
The bird isn't the only thing in this article that was brain-damaged.
Let him join the other Republicans in the slammer. It's good for 'em.
Bob

Chicago, IL

#31 Mar 6, 2008
Pal wrote:
<quoted text>
No you wouldn't-have you ever seen them?
Well, only the ones they show on Yahoo Photos. Guess they are probably like the "Peta All-Stars".
For every one of those, there is probably 100 that aren't so nice on the eyes.

“"You Talkin' to Me?"”

Since: Dec 07

Evanston

#34 Mar 6, 2008
Oh the haughty antics of the priveleged...uh yes Muffy, wonderful shot I had on the course today I shall say. Most impressive indeed and more than makes up for my embarrassing lack of manhood wouldn't you agree?

Jeeves...where IS that Merlot-colored Argyle sweater vest of mine?

mwah..mwaah...mwahhahahaha...g ood show.
Max

Schaumburg, IL

#35 Mar 6, 2008
Susan in Buffalo Grove wrote:
No end of cruelty in the human species. We are the only species that kills for sport, not for survival.
Not true. Domestic cats, when they become feral will kill for sport and not eat their prey.

This is why I shoot them when pheasant hunting -- so they won't kill young pheasant chicks for sport. That way more chicks can grow into mature pheasants that I can kill for sport.
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#36 Mar 6, 2008
Again, we wonder why 1 in 100 people in america are in jail or prison. This should be a ticketable offense with a hefty fine and move on with life. And as for those 15 people who were with this pud when he did it, they should also be fined for cowardice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min cathy1691823 1,394,434
News 'They were trying to help': Armed anti-heroin c... 17 hr silly rabbit 2
News Vigil set in Allentown after Orlando club shooting Jun 22 Christsharians on... 14
Review: Majestic Interiors Inc (Feb '09) Jun 22 Chuck 35
silly rabbit is unemployed and uneducated (Apr '14) Jun 21 silly rabbit 55
News Sam Bennett announcing run for Allentown mayor Jun 21 INQUISITOR 1
silly rabbit speaks irrational nonsense and gib... (May '14) Jun 18 silly rabbit 66
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages