Man was 'at death's door' prior to fight

Man was 'at death's door' prior to fight

There are 9 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 16, 2007, titled Man was 'at death's door' prior to fight. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A witness in the trial of Chris Folweiler, accused of beating a man to death in a Quakertown hotel last year, testified that it was actually a common, but life-threatening infection that led to the man's death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

chris folweiler

Zionhill, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2007
I have known chris damn near 15yrs,yes i will agree he is a heavy drinkerbut,is he capeable of murder? I say no way! something or some one had to provoke that fight.I have had plenty of go arounds with him when we use to drink together,he has given me his best shots and i am still here today! I am at least 100lbs lighter then MR.Copely. Evadently buy MR. Copely's statements and refusing medical treatment,in the first few hours after the fight should tell the DA's office that the fight was a fair fight,even though MR. Copely out weighted Chris by at least,160lbs.Also, I have known Stacey Moffet as long as i have known Chris,many nights myself nd girlfriend were call by Stacey wiyh claims Chris was assaulting her,every time we would arrive at the mall motel in trevose to confront Chris,it would turn out thatStacey was the cause of the problem,i would say at least,90% of the time.Yes Chris is guilty of something but not a murder charge.
Clear

Runnemede, NJ

#2 Apr 23, 2007
oh dear
Clear

Runnemede, NJ

#3 Apr 23, 2007
oh my
Amazing

Langhorne, PA

#4 Apr 24, 2007
Fighting is ILLEGAL, it is called assault regardless of whom is involved, who provoked it or who finished it. If someone dies regardless of any underlying medical problems you go to jail for murder, if it was self defense you get off. Sounds like Chris has a history of fighting, something most normal people do not do. When you turn 18 your ssuppose to be an adult, when you turn 21 drinking doesn't change that and drinking doesn't give you an excuse to fight. Grow up and act responsible!
whatever

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Mar 8, 2009
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>And just what the hell are you, a Chris Folweiler lover? Tell you what, why don't you go to jail yourself, and live in his cell so you could be his BITCH! Would that make you happy?
Are you that bored that you have to pick a thread from 2 years ago? Get a life!!!
sexysam

Blackwood, NJ

#7 Mar 8, 2011
I have known Chris for over two years and I find it ridiculous that he was charged with murder, it was a bar fight and the man was sickly to begin with. Chris is a gentle soul and I cannot imagine him ever doing what he was charged with. His whole life has been flushed down the toilet over a bar fight, I wish someone would reexamine this case and see that Chris should not be behind bars.
Krystal

La Mesa, CA

#8 Dec 20, 2012
IT DOES NOT MATTER IF HE HAD HEALTH PROBLEMS HE WAS BEETEN AND KILLED HE WOULD HAVE HAD MORE TIME TO LIVE AND SEE IS DAUGHTER GET MARRIED AND MEET HIS GRANDCHILDREN BUT INSTED HE IS CREAMATED AND STITTING ON HER FIRE PLACE HE IS MY FATHER AND IS DEALY MISSED AND THAT MAN GOT WHAT HE DISERVED
Richard Kranium

Emmaus, PA

#9 Dec 20, 2012
Krystal wrote:
IT DOES NOT MATTER IF HE HAD HEALTH PROBLEMS HE WAS BEETEN AND KILLED HE WOULD HAVE HAD MORE TIME TO LIVE AND SEE IS DAUGHTER GET MARRIED AND MEET HIS GRANDCHILDREN BUT INSTED HE IS CREAMATED AND STITTING ON HER FIRE PLACE HE IS MY FATHER AND IS DEALY MISSED AND THAT MAN GOT WHAT HE DISERVED
He shouldn't have gotten into a fight, if he knew he had health issues
sweetie

Millsboro, DE

#10 Jan 18, 2014
I know this is an old post but really i know for.a.fact that.chris.used to beat stacy bad and no matter what she did no one deserves to be beat!!! I saw her face.after he beat her before thanksgiving and it was horrible!!! He was an abusive alcholic and he got what he deserved!!! George only tried to protect stacy if it wasn't for him she would be dead!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min smile n wave 1,602,174
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Freedomofexpression 317,561
News Man accused of stalking mom, masturbating in vi... 17 hr weapon X 10
News Naked trucker arrested on Airport Road : The Mo... (Apr '07) Fri Bob 82
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations Fri Bob 2
News Northwestern Academy: boy escapes from Northwes... (May '09) Fri Bob 55
News Pennsylvania high school golfer has 2 holes-in-... Fri Bob 9

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages