Liberty sophomore Quayyahm Floyd: Liberty sophomore Quayyahm Fl...

May 18, 2009 Read more: The Morning Call 31
A Liberty High School sophomore accused of severely beating a Bethlehem man during an armed robbery was acquitted of all charges today. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Truth

Bethlehem, PA

#1 May 18, 2009
Stupid jury.
Hello World

King Of Prussia, PA

#2 May 18, 2009
I hope the kid who was wrongfully accused can put this horrendous experience behind him.

For the jury to deliberate for only 30 min and for the judge to apologize to the defendant, it must have been really obvious there was no case. Sometimes people (witnesses) really want to help but get carried away.
Mark D

Union City, CA

#3 May 18, 2009
The Truth wrote:
Stupid jury.
Nope. Stupid proesecutor. The jury was doing their job, returning a verdict based upon the evidence, which was woefully inadequate to prove guilt. He wasted the taxpayer's money.
wow

Allentown, PA

#4 May 18, 2009
The fact that the prosecutor "left without comment" speaks volumes. If they have even the slightest bit of evidence, these guys are typically blabbermouths, so for him to say nothing is incredible. I hope he's hanging his head in shame right now for needlessly prosecuting an innocent. Shame on him!
Curious

Gilbertsville, PA

#5 May 18, 2009
If the prosecution had no case why did this case go to trial? They had no case and proceeded any way. What a waste of the courts time. The victim,Ford was quoted as saying he was disappointed in the verdict. Did he want an innocent kid to pay for a crime he didn't commit?
mmm_cheesesteak

Allentown, PA

#6 May 18, 2009
i think i bashed that kid on here when the story first came out. sorry

Since: Apr 09

Easton, PA

#7 May 18, 2009
It sounds like the kid was truly in the wrong place at the wrong time. Glad to see that since he was innocent, he won't be paying for someone else's "thuggery."

“Join the Human Race”

Since: Jul 07

Fountain Hill

#8 May 18, 2009
This is a good illustration of how the legal system in this country today totally fails the individual citizen. If they had DNA that exculpated this young man, he should never have been tried.

Police, prosecutors and the whole system just tramples everyone's rights these days. I am so disgusted with our current "police state" I have become a dues paying member of the ACLU.
Teacher

Bethlehem, PA

#9 May 18, 2009
I have had him in the classroom, and he is truly a nice student. I feel sorry for what he had to go through. He is a strong young man, and this will not stop him from accomplishing his goals.
Disgusted

United States

#10 May 18, 2009
I hope the neighbor who accused this boy is sorry and makes an attempt to express it.
GODS WORD

Quakertown, PA

#11 May 18, 2009
The LORD GOD knows who the criminals are.
cat kid

Allentown, PA

#12 May 18, 2009
another clear cut case that shouldnt of gone to trial in the first place. i thought that after a crime is committed, the detectives gather all the evidence and analyze it and based on all evidence and witness accounts. they then give this to the prosecuting attorney, and he/she makes the decision to prosecute or not. you can not blame someone for a felony and be so short of evidence that you base your case on a teen running and a not so sure identification. and another thing is that this kid deserves apologies from all these idiots trying to take the easy way out and blame a kid for merely running home.
RichinNYC

New York, NY

#13 May 18, 2009
Let this case remind us that any accused are innocent until proven guilty. This was clearly incompetence on the part of the prosecution.

For a jury to deliberate for only 30 minutes on what was a weak case to begin with should show that this should have never even been prosecuted.

I feel sorry for the poor kid who went through hell. But our system does work .

Thank god for attorney Erv McLain, the "Perry Mason" of Bethlehem PA. No doubt I would want this attorney in my corner.
RonMania

Philadelphia, PA

#14 May 18, 2009
GODS WORD wrote:
The LORD GOD knows who the criminals are.
I am lurking around the corner.
guess what

Saylorsburg, PA

#15 May 18, 2009
What has not been mentioned is that the Defendant was a 16 year old BLACK kid. The only reason he was picked up is because a general description was given of "two black" perpetrators. His only mistake was being a black man in the general vicinity of a crime scene!!Hard to believe its the year 2009??
Zit Doctor

AOL

#16 May 18, 2009
The jury never listened to the case, They just felt sorry for the defense lawer and the way he looks...
guess what

Saylorsburg, PA

#17 May 18, 2009
Zit Doctor-- Im not sure that an I Q as low as your can be measured. I hope your charged next time and the jury system fail-- at least an ignorant individual would be in prison-- something tells me you would probably enjoy the "fringe benifits" of the all male population. Just a thought
Vuja De

Bethlehem, PA

#18 May 18, 2009
"You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
Sooner or later God'll cut you down

Go tell that long tongue liar
Go and tell that midnight rider
Tell the rambler,
The gambler,
The back biter
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down "
Wait a second

Bethlehem, PA

#19 May 18, 2009
I read the kid lied about where he was thereby tainting his alibi. Had the kid not lied he wouldn't have been charged. I guess you shouldn't lie to the cops or risk being implicated.
cat kid

Allentown, PA

#20 May 18, 2009
RichinNYC wrote:
Let this case remind us that any accused are innocent until proven guilty. This was clearly incompetence on the part of the prosecution.
For a jury to deliberate for only 30 minutes on what was a weak case to begin with should show that this should have never even been prosecuted.
I feel sorry for the poor kid who went through hell. But our system does work .
Thank god for attorney Erv McLain, the "Perry Mason" of Bethlehem PA. No doubt I would want this attorney in my corner.
i am just curious, who is paying for this kids defense and does he have the right to seek punitive damages against his accusers? this prosecutor acted in a very unprofessional manner by charging this kid and not seeking all the facts before waisting taxpayer dollars, and for any of you voters out there, remember the name john obrecht. dont vote for this fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,216,961
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 309,624
Man pleads guilty in case over young daughter's... 9 hr silly rabbit 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 71,942
Allentown man sentenced for robbery, kidnapping Sat silly rabbit 1
Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski. Sat silly rabbit 1
News Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO (Jan '08) Sat vib_ram 558
More from around the web

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]