Trick-Or-Treat Nights in the Lehigh Valley -- themorningcall.com

Full story: The Morning Call

Alburtis: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31 Allentown: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 26 Allen Township: 6-8 p.m. Oct.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
unityandlove

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

MonkeyMomma wrote:
I live in a popular drop-off neighborhood, thanks the Morning Call for printing our location last year.(That totally brought in MORE riff-raff.)
At my door, the kids we know get awesome candy. Kids who are too old or are from out of town get the cheap stuff. Sorry, but we do play favorites. If more of my neighbors engaged in this type of favoritism, maybe the drop-off kids would go elsewhere. Who wants to drive to my neighborhood for candy corn??
about neighborhoods and "rif raf"...

"jesus loves the little children all the children of the world..."

adults should not be calling children "rif raf" no matter what, ever... halloween should be fun for all kids everywhere. has anyone thought that maybe some parents are afraid that shootings and stabbings occur in their own neighborhoods so they take them somewhere safe. be happy you live in a safe neighborhood and can be part of making children happy for a day. <3
boo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Halloween used to be fun, like bobbing for apples, playing games with peanuts and going door to door with out checking your candy for razor blades or something else what the sickos put in kids candy, trick or treating should be for children up to 10 years old, i don't hand candy out to anyone who looks older than 10. also it should be between the hours of 2pm till 5pm. daylight to many weird people out at night walking the streets or have it at a church.
grapevine

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

JGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
One yr I bought little bags for candy & filled them up & gave them out. Kids really liked it, but that's going to the extreme, but I liked the look on their faces with they got this little suprise bag. Was pretty neat. Didn't do it the yr after that, was stuck on bedrest & didn't do it last yr just gave out loose candy. But I'm considering it for this yr but not sure yet as we may take our son trick or treating but it's up in the air as of now. He's soon to be 2 & can eat soft chocolate like peanut butter cups etc but not sure if he's really ready for it yet but it's a possibility.
If your little one is only two years old, don't count on being out for long, they dont have the attention span. At least thats how my kids were.
grapevine

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Stamp Out Stupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what they do. I go to Walmart on
Oct 31,st , they have a barrel of snacks by the doorway and you reach in and take what you want.Yeah.
So Wal-mart knows when Halloween is.
Nobody knows when Christs birthday is though what we do is kinda neat, like the fraggles and the festival of the bells.
Nobody remembers when Memorial Day is either, since it was moved 32 years ago.
Memorial Day is May 30... it's my birthday. Once upon a time, I always had the day off from school and/or work...that was pretty cool. Then a bunch of nimrods changd it

Since: Mar 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Have trick or treating on Halloween like most normal towns, the way it should be. Stupid to have it any other night.
jesus christ himself

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

JoisyGirl wrote:
Have trick or treating on Halloween like most normal towns, the way it should be. Stupid to have it any other night.
thank you, for remembering jesus during this religious holiday...jesus was born on halloween---and that's the day halloween should be celebrated.
Mia

Northampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

abby wrote:
<quoted text>
where do you live so i make sure i don't let my kids go there?
Yea let me know too. You should be banned from giving out candy. All kids, no matter where they come from are only out to enjoy halloween. It's people like you who cause your own problems.. You nut case.
Mia

Northampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

monkey momma wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout trick or treating your own neighborhood?

Listen monkey momma, LOL. Stop being a biggit. All kids deserve to enjoy halloween. Stop discriminating that's why your luck isn't so great now! Yea I know you and your miserable....
boo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Handing out around 1,500 pieces of candy this year, when it's gone it's gone, turning my lights out and having a party, so don't ring my door bell, I will not answer it, Adults only are invited. Let the party begin!
whats it to yu

Riverton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

there should be trick or treating on several days, on for every age group
aaa

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

I like candy
monkey momma 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

RideEmCowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it would make more sense to have it on OCTOBER 31. Just one night, and that is it. If you can't cover your usual ten towns in just that one night, tough luck.
Hey, is that you in that picture? Just asking, ok then!
ggg

Upper Black Eddy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

whats it to yu wrote:
there should be trick or treating on several days, on for every age group
that is stupid
NJ Native

Shelocta, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

I'm from NJ and i have NEVER heard of specific days that kids are allowed to trick or treat on....i think its ridiculous and hilarious. Trick or treating is done on Halloween!!!!!
izzy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Can't wait for it! Happy Halloween to all, Think it should be celebrated, on the 31st. I'm looking forward for a great one! Happy treating!!! STAY SAFE EVERYONE!!!!
Raymond

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!
izzy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Raymond wrote:
Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Halloween to you Raymond, here from Lehigh Valley
Miyuki

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

I am a teenager and i still go trick or treating. I take around the young ones who cant go by themselves..kinda like a only on halloween babysitter. But I have to trick or treat on THURSDAYS. Seriously? 8th graders have homework too! I have to get my homework done in school, get to choir, get done at about 5:00 and by then I only have an hour to take around the little ones this year! honestly. I wish they had it on Halloween.
Miyuki

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Sorry i wrote twice. my computer fragged.
sick and tired

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

Halloween is just the beginning of these parents teaching there kids that they should have things handed to them. It is sickning when parents have kids getting free lunches in school and also threaten to sue for discrimination for the school saying if they want extras they have to pay for those snacks. Free lunch and want free snacks are you serious??? It just keeps going. Why would someone now a days work hard and go to school when there is Welfare, hud, foodstamps, medical, oil and electric assistance ect.. What happened to america being the place of dreams you could have anything you want if your willing to work hard for it???????? So consider all of that, I would gladly buy bags and bags of candy if thats where it would stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Allentown Forum right now

Search the Allentown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Jesse 1,072,708
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 304,934
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Capt Lou 51,114
Trooper fires shot in chase of suspect that end... 3 hr silly rabbit 12
Allentown releases draft of plan for community ... 7 hr silly rabbit 44
First look: LVHN One City Center fitness center 10 hr silly rabbit 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 hr HughBe 68,160
•••
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
•••

Allentown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000