Trick-Or-Treat Nights in the Lehigh V...

Trick-Or-Treat Nights in the Lehigh Valley -- themorningcall.com

There are 259 comments on the The Morning Call story from Oct 4, 2007, titled Trick-Or-Treat Nights in the Lehigh Valley -- themorningcall.com. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Alburtis: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31 Allentown: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 26 Allen Township: 6-8 p.m. Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Veronica Vandesnooty

Emmaus, PA

#219 Oct 25, 2012
Disgusted parent wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you write those things and not see the blant prejudices inside yourself. Again, do everyone a favor and just turn off your lights. You seem like a typical conservative republican, that may have possibly done well, and in a moment in time when you can share the wealth by giving away some measely candy, and also show your children a kinder side of yourself, your true poisonous beliefs come shining through. Coward, no one wants your things or yiur life!! Get over yourself!! Coherent enough for you?
Well I'm glad to know that you and your offspring wouldn't want to come to my better neighborhood. I wouldn't want your children to see how the other half lives, and that means no vinyl siding and a leased car in the driveway. At least let them think, if only for a moment, they are better then most.
Please have your children beg for candy somewhere else, not here.
Thank you in advance
Anonymous

Bethlehem, PA

#220 Oct 25, 2012
@monkeymom
I'll just straight up say it for everyone. You're a selfish, non-Christian-like c**t. You don't deserve to have any children in your life at all if you want to pick & choose your favorites.

What if I just moved to the area with my son, which I did, and you decided because you haven't seen us before to give us candy corn (which my son & I think is delicious, btw. Beggars won't be choosers, which is what everyone is on Halloween). You're a repulsive person and a terrible representive of "your" community. A.k.a. The three friends you have from PTA.
Anonymous

Bethlehem, PA

#221 Oct 25, 2012
Veronica Vandesnooty wrote:
<quoted text>Well I'm glad to know that you and your offspring wouldn't want to come to my better neighborhood. I wouldn't want your children to see how the other half lives, and that means no vinyl siding and a leased car in the driveway. At least let them think, if only for a moment, they are better then most.
Please have your children beg for candy somewhere else, not here.
Thank you in advance
You're a disgusting person and I agree with all of the other disgusted parents. Shut off your lights and keep your poison to yourself. No one wants to smell your uppity, elitist crap. We are a military family that travels ALOT. Do you need my husband to walk up to the door in uniform, even though he isn't even in the country, for you to give our son "good candy" because we are visiting family & friends? Believe me, we don't want it. We've been invited to every neighborhood we've gone to in the past. Keep your lights off, I'm sure even if you did give us good candy, the stench from your house & your rotten face, we'd throw out a full candy bar for fear of you poisoning it. I hope you run over it in your brand new car that your husband probably paid for, not you.
American Hero

Sanger, CA

#222 Oct 26, 2012
Tonight is the circus. There are two tickets at the WillCall window under Dawn Smith. I can't go. I hope someone enjoys them. Stabler Arena.
Mom

Allentown, PA

#223 Oct 26, 2012
I don't see what the fuse is about. Yes they can buy candy bags for kids. But it defeats the fun of going out and seeing all the nicely decorated houses remember it's about the kids the money or where there coming from but kids having fun. Besides when kids live in the lower case places not to many doors kids could knock at so y complain it's once s year and it's for the kids nit for us
baldie

Darby, PA

#224 Oct 26, 2012
Yall sum butt hole
Bert

Bethlehem, PA

#225 Oct 26, 2012
Lighten up you old meanies....it's just candy and a lot of fun for the kids.
Veronica Vandersnooty

Emmaus, PA

#226 Oct 27, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a disgusting person and I agree with all of the other disgusted parents. Shut off your lights and keep your poison to yourself. No one wants to smell your uppity, elitist crap. We are a military family that travels ALOT. Do you need my husband to walk up to the door in uniform, even though he isn't even in the country, for you to give our son "good candy" because we are visiting family & friends? Believe me, we don't want it. We've been invited to every neighborhood we've gone to in the past. Keep your lights off, I'm sure even if you did give us good candy, the stench from your house & your rotten face, we'd throw out a full candy bar for fear of you poisoning it. I hope you run over it in your brand new car that your husband probably paid for, not you.
Big deal your husband is in his uniform and will walk right up to me. Spare me, I don't want your husband, you or your spawn coming to my upper class neighborhood. I don't care if your husband is in the military that is of no importance to me.
My upper class upbringing and wealthier status isn't due to my husband. I'm sorry that your self worth is measured on your husbands uniform. Keep your little trolls in YOUR neighborhood.
I have no issues with those that live in my community to trick or treat here. I have issues with those whom don't live here inundating my community for a little piece of candy. I don't feel that is to much to ask.
Now, please trick or treat in your apartment complex, thank you
Veronica Vandersnooty

Emmaus, PA

#227 Oct 27, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW your husband is nothing but a pawn for the Washington political machine, sad
Center city aunt

United States

#228 Sep 24, 2013
RideEmCowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Its for the better pickings.
Plus the fact that they don't have to reciprocate at all. They don't give out even one piece of candy, not one, to the kids of the houses they hit up.
"Take and not give" is the lesson being taught to all these kids.
That is not true for all kids. My nephew lives Near 10th street and my brother in law takes him to Whitehall because he doesn't want him going around to center city houses due to his safety. And yes he actually dresses up and goes with him house to house. So maybe before you judge people you should know what you are talking about. They can't afford to live in a big house in the burbs but they work very hard to give their children what they can. People are soo rude it shouldn't matter what neighborhood they are from. Kids are kids and should be able to have fun and be safe and should be treated the same as everyone else.
Center city aunt

United States

#229 Sep 24, 2013
Veronica Vandersnooty wrote:
<quoted text>Big deal your husband is in his uniform and will walk right up to me. Spare me, I don't want your husband, you or your spawn coming to my upper class neighborhood. I don't care if your husband is in the military that is of no importance to me.
My upper class upbringing and wealthier status isn't due to my husband. I'm sorry that your self worth is measured on your husbands uniform. Keep your little trolls in YOUR neighborhood.
I have no issues with those that live in my community to trick or treat here. I have issues with those whom don't live here inundating my community for a little piece of candy. I don't feel that is to much to ask.
Now, please trick or treat in your apartment complex, thank you
You are so unbelievably rude it's unreal. To be disrespectful like that to a military man is horrible and God will punish you for that. I am from a upper class neighborhood in state college pa. My parents live in a huge house and have a lot of ground and nice things as I do too and have my whole life. I am engaged to my future husband and him and I are starting out on our own and we live near 10th street in his brothers house. Because unlike you I didn't use my parents money and wealth to get me a nice house in a nice neighborhood down here. I am back in school for my masters and we are living off my fiancés income while helping out his brother who is a single father of 2 because his wife was killed in a car accident. He struggles and that's why he lives in Allentown but he works very hard for his money and gives his kids as much stuff as he can. My fiancé and his brothers dad makes VERY good money in NYC but they don't want a hand out either. My fiancé and I will be taking his nephew to a "nicer" area because of his safety. We want him to be safe in a good neighborhood while we are walking around. While his brother sits at home with his daughter who's too young to go out. They will be handing out candy to EVERYONE who comes to the house. I hope we don't come to your house because I will be just as disrespectful to you as you are to me and others. I hope you don't have children because we don't need anymore hate in this world. People like you is the reason this country is going to shit. It's very sad and I will pray for you.
Brunhilda

Allentown, PA

#230 Sep 27, 2013
Happy Halloween wrote:
Trick or treating is a tradition and has been for a long time. I use to enjoy seeing kids in their costumes at my front door, but I don't answer any more. The last few years I've had more teens at my door then young children. Some of these teens looked much older and would stretch their necks to see into my living room, even coming back 2 or 3 times. It's almost as if they were "casing" and trying to get a view of the inside of my house, rather then wanting the candy. That gave me pause for concern. Call me paranoid, but in these times, I'm not about to risk my safety to hand out candy to a few little children. I feel bad about that because it's suppose to be a fun time for the little ones, but I have to consider the fact that it's possible that my safety could be at risk by opening my door to strangers. These days, I don't open unless I absolutely know who it is - friends and family.
I agree. I use to love answering the door on trick or treat night, but I don't anymore. I too feel bad for the kids, but I don't wanna get mugged either. I wish I could feel differently because little children don't understand why some people won't answer the door. I know it isn't fair to them, but we all have to do what we think is best for our personal safety. On the flip side, I suppose if everyone felt as I do, no one would have any fun. Gotta have fun and not let bad people stifle your happiness, although I will only answer the door if I know exactly who the person is. I have a good camera/security system so that helps a lot.
DoesntMatterAnyw ays

Allentown, PA

#231 Sep 30, 2013
This is the first year I will not be handing out goodies at my house. Year after year groups of youths show up at my home, most are well into their teens and not in costume. Last year, several of the girls not only showed up, again not in costume, but had their infant children along as well. While I will miss seeing the little ones in their costumes, and helping them enjoy the thrill of trick or treating, I will no longer welcome the teenagers that roam about my neighborhood looking for a free handout.
Veronica Vandersnooty

Emmaus, PA

#232 Sep 30, 2013
Center city aunt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so unbelievably rude it's unreal. To be disrespectful like that to a military man is horrible and God will punish you for that. I am from a upper class neighborhood in state college pa. My parents live in a huge house and have a lot of ground and nice things as I do too and have my whole life. I am engaged to my future husband and him and I are starting out on our own and we live near 10th street in his brothers house. Because unlike you I didn't use my parents money and wealth to get me a nice house in a nice neighborhood down here. I am back in school for my masters and we are living off my fiancés income while helping out his brother who is a single father of 2 because his wife was killed in a car accident. He struggles and that's why he lives in Allentown but he works very hard for his money and gives his kids as much stuff as he can. My fiancé and his brothers dad makes VERY good money in NYC but they don't want a hand out either. My fiancé and I will be taking his nephew to a "nicer" area because of his safety. We want him to be safe in a good neighborhood while we are walking around. While his brother sits at home with his daughter who's too young to go out. They will be handing out candy to EVERYONE who comes to the house. I hope we don't come to your house because I will be just as disrespectful to you as you are to me and others. I hope you don't have children because we don't need anymore hate in this world. People like you is the reason this country is going to shit. It's very sad and I will pray for you.
No the reason this country is going to shyt is people like yourself. The "nicer" neighborhoods aren't here for your candy picking pleasure. Don't you get it? Do you need some public assistance to take you by the hand and mak you understand? Why do WE in the BURBS be forced to deal with the multitudes of children from everywhere ELSE but here running wild and pesting us for candy?
Please don't come to my house. I will be even MORE disrespectful to you in you do show up at my door. I hope you don't have anymore shildren, we don't need anymore government handouts, get it?
Bow drive yourself to the Dollar Store buy your kiddies a big bag of candy and save the rest of us the time we're wasting by answering the door man, many times for kids that DON'T LIVE HERE. If your neighborhood is to dangerous to trick or treat in, that's your problem not mine.
Veronica Vandersnooty

Emmaus, PA

#233 Sep 30, 2013
Center city aunt wrote:
<quoted text>
why should God punish me for speaking the truth? God will punish you for having out of wedlock children and murder disguised as a "war"
Ginger

Baltimore, MD

#234 Oct 24, 2013
Hil wrote:
What a bunch of cynics! My goodness! It sickens me to think of giving different candy to kids from outside our neighborhood. Relax, enjoy the holiday, and give freely to those who come to your door. Giving candy to children who don't live in a neighborhood safe enough to trick-or-treat in should be a reminder of the abundance that you obviously take for granted.
"Give and expect nothing in return" is a lesson, apparently, a few adults have yet to grasp. Try it, just for an experiment, and see what a huge spiritual reward you might reap!
Love what you wrote "Give and expect nothing in return". I totally agree with what you wrote.
disgusted

Darby, PA

#235 Oct 25, 2013
Kids should be allowed to trick or treat anywhere, if they come from a low income family why should they be down graded because of there up bringing. It shouldnt matter whos from what side of the town. Kids are kids and candy is candy. Halloween.is about kids dressing out of their normal everyday wear to be any character they want for one day of the year. People should be ashame to say they give good candy to kids that dont live in center city we all come from.different back grounds and candy come from the same.place all.year around THE STORE!!! Be serious people!
Curious

Allentown, PA

#236 Oct 25, 2013
We Live in heritage heights when do they trick or treat?
Cancelled

King Of Prussia, PA

#237 Oct 25, 2013
Halloween has been cancelled to many savages living in the lehigh valley.
gabber

Bethlehem, PA

#238 Oct 25, 2013
Halloween should be on Halloween. The whole Friday night before is absolutely stupid. Whoever dreamed this up and it continues is crazy. Trick or treat should be on Oct. 31st. One night a year - go back to tradition. Everyone outside of the LV can't believe. Let's work together to go back to Oct. 31st.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 32 min zach 311,927
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 43 min In Got We Trust 1,433,979
News Emmaus bank robber wants lower jail sentence (Feb '14) Thu silly rabbit 6
News Small fire reported in elementary school wasteb... Sep 28 silly rabbit 1
News Traffic stop turns up pot, cocaine and heroin Sep 28 silly rabbit 1
News Allentown police say woman burned, beat blind man Sep 28 Richard Kranium 2
News Owners of The Bayou, Grain putting final touche... Sep 28 Richard Kranium 2

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages