Lawsuit: Peter Karoly caused fatal crash

Lawsuit: Peter Karoly caused fatal crash

There are 184 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 12, 2008, titled Lawsuit: Peter Karoly caused fatal crash. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The survivors of a Heidelberg Township man who died in the plane crash that killed Peter Karoly and his wife have filed a wrongful death suit against Karoly's estate, claiming the prominent Allentown attorney ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Davey

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Feb 12, 2008
"and said his death deprived his survivors of future aid, assistance, services, comfort and financial support."

Future aid? Services? Financial support? This doesn't sound right. Or does it in the world of lawsuits?
You have to be kidding

Norristown, PA

#3 Feb 12, 2008
Dude, this is why you have life insurance. This was an "accident"! You have to plan for your death depending on your situation. If you have a house, children, wife, bills..you need to cover yourself for the amount it would take to raise the kids and put them through college and cover your expenses. This is of no fault, but his own. It is a sad story and I am very sad for his family to have to live without him for the rest of their lives, but trying to blame someone else because he was not responsible to cover himself while alive. Just idiotic. Two words LIFE INSURANCE.
Bryan

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Feb 12, 2008
This is pathetic. Will the money bring your family member back?
Joe

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Feb 12, 2008
WOW!!!! Money makes asssholesss out of everyone I guess. It's so sad to even read the paper and the blogs on here anymore. People truly are evil. I'm sure both pilots agreed to let who ever was flying the plane do so. Accidents happen even if they are tragic. No one was there but these people and a lawyer seem to know what the young man was thinking.
I'm not defending the Karoly's. They are part of the evil but for those that think money and having a court say they agree with you doesn't spread peace and harmony. The people in the plane were friends and I'm sure died that way. Let in stand.
dontshusme

United States

#6 Feb 12, 2008
Karma for Karoly?
cheese cake

Easton, PA

#7 Feb 12, 2008
sound like a couple scum bag people ouit to make a buck.
Realist

Silver Spring, MD

#8 Feb 12, 2008
Bryan wrote:
This is pathetic. Will the money bring your family member back?
Normally I'd agree with you, but It's nice to see someone suing the king of ridiculous lawsuits. I hope they get a huge settlement.
who cares

Newark, DE

#9 Feb 12, 2008
You would be the first in line to sue if it was one of your family members.
You have to be kidding wrote:
Dude, this is why you have life insurance. This was an "accident"! You have to plan for your death depending on your situation. If you have a house, children, wife, bills..you need to cover yourself for the amount it would take to raise the
kids and put them through college and cover your expenses. This is of no fault, but his own. It is a sad story and I am very sad for his family to have to live without him for the rest of their lives, but trying to blame someone else because he was not responsible to cover himself while alive. Just idiotic. Two words LIFE INSURANCE.
Adam Quakertown

Oley, PA

#10 Feb 12, 2008
An older instructor might have been more what, decisive, with Karoly. Just a guess. It's not uncommon to see crashes involved with pilot error after a missed landing in bad weather. In other words, you miss an approach then the pilot instructor takes over. That's not a good time to play teacher-student. Do the teaching or do the see the doctor but to combine both in bad weather seems penny wise but pound foolish.
You have to be kidding

Norristown, PA

#11 Feb 12, 2008
who cares wrote:
You would be the first in line to sue if it was one of your family members.
<quoted text>
I have life insurance. I am worth more dead then I am alive, since I have a child, that is how it is supposed to be. If someone killed a family member as an intentional act, would I sue for money? No, but I would make sure they pay and paid and paid dearly with hard time, but not with money. Money does not bring back your loved one. This guy should have been covered. End of story! Are you the type that goes out looking for un-shoveled properties and "accidentally fall" to sue? Listen, my dad is a lawyer and I see a lot of senseless suits. I am a financial planner. I make sure my family is covered; we do not have to depend on an accident to bail our self out of a hard financial situation.
Common sense

United States

#12 Feb 12, 2008
It's quite likely that this could be a pre-emptive strike to keep John Karoly from suing the life out of the family.
Legal Aid

Allentown, PA

#14 Feb 12, 2008
Looks like what goes around, comes around.
Matt_PSU

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Feb 12, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me that the only reason they sued was to prevent a counter-suit if the investigation found Milot was responsible instead.

But what do i know? This is an accident and there should not be a lawsuit either way, this is why you get life insurance.
Legal Aid

Allentown, PA

#16 Feb 12, 2008
dontshusme wrote:
Karma for Karoly?
Payback for the ambulance chaser - now it's his family's turn to pay out instead of reaping the benefits.
Skeet

United States

#17 Feb 12, 2008
How many similar lawsuits has Karoly filed? Plenty I'm sure.
Joe Allentown

Allentown, PA

#18 Feb 12, 2008
cheese cake wrote:
sound like a couple scum bag people ouit to make a buck.
Just like Pete and John Karoly.
Jenn

Allentown, PA

#19 Feb 12, 2008
It was an ACCIDENT. If we all sued due to accidents, we'd spend half our lives in court.
David-1206

Atlanta, GA

#20 Feb 12, 2008
Case closed...
Fries with That

Blandon, PA

#21 Feb 12, 2008
Common sense wrote:
It's quite likely that this could be a pre-emptive strike to keep John Karoly from suing the life out of the family.
AGREED! If the allegations of the "signature" hold up, JK will need another source of income!

Since: Mar 07

Allentown

#22 Feb 12, 2008
Ahh, sweet irony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Cheech the Conser... 1,460,465
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Dudley 7,968
News Should cats be allowed oudoors? (Mar '09) 6 hr flbadcatowner 946
News Mother gets up to 4 years for posing (Dec '06) 6 hr silly rabbit 2
News 10 winter beer picks from the Brewers of Pennsy... 10 hr silly rabbit 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr The Bronx Brown S... 312,860
News Allentown Elderly Man Scammed By Man Posing As ... (Feb '07) 16 hr schizoaffective 5

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages