LVIA to boot restaurant owners because they look like Arabs, su...

Full story: The Morning Call

The Indian owners of two Subway restaurants at Lehigh Valley International Airport say they are being evicted because worried passengers confuse them with Muslims, according to a federal lawsuit.
Comments
1 - 20 of 209 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2010
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
NeffsDeadHead

Walnutport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Be wery, wery careful. Did someone say $$$$$$$
El P0rk0 Ch0pp0

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Waaaaaa....cry me a river.
TWILIGHT

Blairstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Oh boy, here we go again another case of "boo who"! For god sake your lease is up get out!! Is there really a need to wine about it, sue, waste the time and money of LVIA?? They are a struggling small airport. I'm sure there is a gas station somewhere with your names written all over it! Shut Up and Get Out, enough with the so called discrimination crap!!
Lisa G

Walnutport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Are these people LEGAL in the US? If they are,the airport evidently knew who they were getting in there. I thought all Subway employees had to be dressed the same way,pants,polo shirt,hat? No,they should not be allowed to wear their own outfits.Also it is unsanitary to wear long beards, while making food,n also should not be allowed to wear their turbans.
Phineas J Phlegmeister

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

As a frequent user of the airport, I've always found the Subway to be clean place that provides a good sandwich. Although priced a little higher, I expect to pay that more, considering they are likely charging the Subway owners a premium for their location. The personnel behind the counter have always been friendly and most accommodating. The quality of their products far outshine what the other vendor provides.
U give Hicks a bad name

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

TWILIGHT wrote:
Oh boy, here we go again another case of "boo who"! For god sake your lease is up get out!! Is there really a need to wine about it, sue, waste the time and money of LVIA?? They are a struggling small airport. I'm sure there is a gas station somewhere with your names written all over it! Shut Up and Get Out, enough with the so called discrimination crap!!
Coming from Lehighton, I'd expect a comment like that, Inbred. Learn to spell and use the proper terminology.
U give Hicks a bad name

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

Lisa G wrote:
Are these people LEGAL in the US? If they are,the airport evidently knew who they were getting in there. I thought all Subway employees had to be dressed the same way,pants,polo shirt,hat? No,they should not be allowed to wear their own outfits.Also it is unsanitary to wear long beards, while making food,n also should not be allowed to wear their turbans.
More words from an Inbred.
comment

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

These guys make a great sandwhich, polite as can be and their restaurant is clean. There is nothing else worth eating at within LVIA.

They should find these guys a spot and renew their lease once renovations are done. Is there no temporary site they can use or will LVIA screw over the passengers. I know I like to take a subway on the plane since they serve crap for food on the airlines.

Get these guys back in business and the racist, rednecks who never even been on an airplane, keep your pie holes filled with apple pie and not comment on this families business.

Yes, they are legally here. Yes, they got a government minority business loan through the normal avenues available to any minority, but who many fail to even apply. Yes, they came up with their own $250,000 of capital to buy a franchise. Yes, they are entitled to be capitalists in the Lehigh Valley. I recommend about 20,000 others to take up that profession of putting their own money at risk to start a business in the Lehigh Valley.

Yes, believe it or not, you can be successful in a 3rd world nation, save up enough money, find an immigration lawyer, wait your turn and figure out how to become a resident alien and eventually a legal citizen. Try it, it worked out for most of your forefathers, why not a hard working Chinese, Korean, Indian, Kyrgyz, Kazahk, Armenian, Turkmen, Afghan or a host of other nations of the world.

God, I love America and what it stands for when you actually do it right. America is still the land of opportunity for those wanting a hand up, rather than a hand out.

It is time we start carrying the water, rather than just drinking the water locally in the Lehigh Valley.
Furgason

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

I don't care what nationality they are, it's the religious makeup that matters. If they are Islam, its a beautiful religion, and these folks should be given due process for their issue with the airport. If they are extremist Islam, boot them out of the country. The silent war of extreme Islamic terrorists in the US is to use our laws and "politically correct" weaknesses against us to position themselves as victims. A concerted effort of lawsuits and our own politically correct tendencies will allow free reign for these extremists to infiltrate many areas of our infrastructure and facilities to cause damage and potential problems that are enormous.

Using the democratic process to destroy the democracy, the ultimate irony
Too Bad for Them

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

The problem is that their lease has run out. Bub Bye. Perhaps these guys should have read their lease and understood that all leases have a non renewal clause at the sole discretion of the managment. Perhaps they should have wondered why the original tenant walked from the airport. Another frivolous lawsuit brought by a foreigner to this country. Another example of a foreigner tying up our court system and wasting taxpayer dollars.
Bill from Bethlehem

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

Fact 1: Lease has expired.

Fact 2: Airport facility is undergoing renovations.

Fact 3: There is no bigger anti American, anti employeer, anti anything unethical attorney that George Kounoupis.

Fact 4: Who care who they are, you can't drive with an expired liscense, your not married after a divorce, your not a tenant when the lease expires!

Hit the road.
duh

Northampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

some white people r just mad about colored progress i mean once u start coloring the canvas it's no longer white and that is scary to some but progress to most
unreal

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

I am in and out of this airport traveling for businnes regularly. The peopel the work/run the Subway are arrogant and rude. The only reason I support their business is becasue it is the only place in the airport to eat.

Figures they'd play the race card.......I say give em the boot and get someone in their that is pleasant to deal with!!!!!!!
Costumes

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

Bill from Bethlehem wrote:
Fact 1: Lease has expired.
Fact 2: Airport facility is undergoing renovations.
Fact 3: There is no bigger anti American, anti employeer, anti anything unethical attorney that George Kounoupis.
Fact 4: Who care who they are, you can't drive with an expired liscense, your not married after a divorce, your not a tenant when the lease expires!
Reasonable summary of the situation. Anyone can sue anyone on any basis it seems. What is the 'evidence' that there is discrimination here? Words in a lawsuit that say people were insulting? I can pay any lawyer to write words in a lawsuit. That doesn't make it true or worth reporting as true.

People are insulting all the time to restaurant workers no matter what they are wearing. And, if the people behind the counter feel that their dress is generating negative reactions, why don't they dress like employees during work and dress any way they want in the off time?

Maybe if I opened a deli and dressed like a Nazi, people might be offended by my costume?
Good

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

I hope LVIA can get someone with good food. The Subway on the upper level is horrible, stale roll, hardly any meat and overpriced. The sandwiches certainly never look like the sandwiches advertised on television.

Since: May 07

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

Sorry Arab looking guys but here's the fact:

You get stung by a bee, you avoid bees, things with wings, things that buzz, things that fly and are yellow. And, yes, it's call discrimination,...and also survival.

To fix it, you don't straighten out the ones who got stung. You straigten out the one with the stinger that keeps stinging people.

Get it? Well then, go forth and straighten out the right party.
pisces108

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

comment wrote:
These guys make a great sandwhich, polite as can be and their restaurant is clean. There is nothing else worth eating at within LVIA.
They should find these guys a spot and renew their lease once renovations are done. Is there no temporary site they can use or will LVIA screw over the passengers. I know I like to take a subway on the plane since they serve crap for food on the airlines.
Get these guys back in business and the racist, rednecks who never even been on an airplane, keep your pie holes filled with apple pie and not comment on this families business.
Yes, they are legally here. Yes, they got a government minority business loan through the normal avenues available to any minority, but who many fail to even apply. Yes, they came up with their own $250,000 of capital to buy a franchise. Yes, they are entitled to be capitalists in the Lehigh Valley. I recommend about 20,000 others to take up that profession of putting their own money at risk to start a business in the Lehigh Valley.
Yes, believe it or not, you can be successful in a 3rd world nation, save up enough money, find an immigration lawyer, wait your turn and figure out how to become a resident alien and eventually a legal citizen. Try it, it worked out for most of your forefathers, why not a hard working Chinese, Korean, Indian, Kyrgyz, Kazahk, Armenian, Turkmen, Afghan or a host of other nations of the world.
God, I love America and what it stands for when you actually do it right. America is still the land of opportunity for those wanting a hand up, rather than a hand out.
It is time we start carrying the water, rather than just drinking the water locally in the Lehigh Valley.
zzzzzzzzzz...nice story. sounds like your one of them, know them, or in with the family.....AND ITS SUBWAY for crying out loud! anyone can make a great sandwich if what is provided for it is right in front of them.
Yes

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Can you say "La la la la la la lawsuit....."
Forks Gal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

Sikhs --- people are afraid of Sikhs???? Do Budhist Monks scare you too???

I love this state, and I love this valley, but gee ... some people are truly idiots!
I love subway

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

I was just in there last week before a flight. The fact that they are foreign never entered my mind...the fact that they were RUDE was what I noticed!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Allentown Forum right now

Search the Allentown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Flacks News 1,082,505
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 23 min scirocco 68,420
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 55 min The_Box 305,164
McMahon had strong ties to Philly, Allentown (Jun '09) 2 hr Holotta Wytrache 3
Allentown unveils new portable skate park today 11 hr silly rabbit 5
Allentown releases draft of plan for community ... 11 hr silly rabbit 75
Summer Academy at Penn State Helps Prepare Blin... 15 hr Hopi 1
•••
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
Allentown Dating

more search filters

less search filters