Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,995)

Showing posts 39,881 - 39,900 of68,143
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that the Noahide laws as a concept is BS.
and we are supposed to care because?
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and we are supposed to care because?
I have spoken it.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have spoken it.
I almost have to give you credit for that.

Still doesnt mean that your post is worthy of a real response though
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

that was me who gave you a "helpful"
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
that was me who gave you a "helpful"
wisdom is setting in.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that the Noahide laws as a concept is BS.
This is what I don't understand. The 7 principles set forth in the Noahide laws pre-date what you claim is the beginning of Judaism. You continually and correctly state that Noah, Abraham, Isaac were not Jews and did not follow the 613 mitzvot. So these 7 principles are what Noah, Abraham, and Isaac followed. They are no BS. They are the religious beliefs of the Patriarchs.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
wisdom is setting in.
I judge each post on its merits - dont get ahead of yourself (consider that wisdom as well)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I don't understand. The 7 principles set forth in the Noahide laws pre-date what you claim is the beginning of Judaism. You continually and correctly state that Noah, Abraham, Isaac were not Jews and did not follow the 613 mitzvot. So these 7 principles are what Noah, Abraham, and Isaac followed. They are no BS. They are the religious beliefs of the Patriarchs.
Eric---You continually and correctly state that Noah, Abraham, Isaac were not Jews

HughBe--- Correct in your understanding of my representation and in what the truth is.

Eric--and did not follow the 613 mitzvot.

HughBe-- Incorrect. I have never said such an unenlightened thing.

Eric-- So these 7 principles are what Noah, Abraham, and Isaac followed.

HughBe--- Correct and MUCH more.

Eric-- They are no BS. They are the religious beliefs of the Patriarchs

HughBe--- The beliefs are not BS, the concept/doctrine of ONLY these 7 rules/laws is.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I judge each post on its merits - dont get ahead of yourself (consider that wisdom as well)
Frijoles---dont get ahead of yourself

HughBe--- too late, I am a head
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Prove it
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it

Eric--Prove it

HughBe--- Thank you for the opportunity to do so.

1. Do you suppose that Noah, Abraham, and Isaac did not honour their parents? This is NOT a part of the Noahide laws as far as I remember.

2. Do you suppose that Noah, Abraham, and Isaac offered UNCLEAN animals to God? If they did not offer unclean animals to God then they KNEW about the laws of clean and unclean animals.
This is NOT a part of the Noahide laws as far as I remember.

Genesis 8:20"And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every CLEAN beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar"

3. Do you suppose that Abraham a PROPHET of God knew not about the SABBATH given that God made it from CREATION?

List the laws etc. that are spoken of below. NOTE that the number of categories i.e. 4 are almost the same as your 7 Noahide laws.

Would there be ONLY 2 rules in each category? If there are only 2 rules per category you have more than 7 rules of Noahide.

"Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws. "

4. Do you suppose that Abraham et. al. knew that it was wrong to covet? This is NOT a part of the Noahide laws as far as I remember.

5. Knowing that there are clean and unclean animals do you suppose that they knew that they should NOT eat UNCLEAN things?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Eric, you can add CIRCUMCISION and the growing of BEARDS to the list above. These support the fact and my pont that they did much more than the 7 as you claim.

Recall your words "these 7 principles are what Noah, Abraham, and Isaac followed"
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric--Prove it
HughBe--- Thank you for the opportunity to do so.
1. Do you suppose that Noah, Abraham, and Isaac did not honour their parents? This is NOT a part of the Noahide laws as far as I remember.
2. Do you suppose that Noah, Abraham, and Isaac offered UNCLEAN animals to God? If they did not offer unclean animals to God then they KNEW about the laws of clean and unclean animals.
This is NOT a part of the Noahide laws as far as I remember.
Genesis 8:20"And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every CLEAN beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar"
3. Do you suppose that Abraham a PROPHET of God knew not about the SABBATH given that God made it from CREATION?
List the laws etc. that are spoken of below. NOTE that the number of categories i.e. 4 are almost the same as your 7 Noahide laws.
Would there be ONLY 2 rules in each category? If there are only 2 rules per category you have more than 7 rules of Noahide.
"Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws. "
4. Do you suppose that Abraham et. al. knew that it was wrong to covet? This is NOT a part of the Noahide laws as far as I remember.
5. Knowing that there are clean and unclean animals do you suppose that they knew that they should NOT eat UNCLEAN things?
No, Hugh, this is not how you prove something. All of the above is supposition and assumption on your part. You are asking me questions. This is not going to be an attempt on your part to turn this into a Soccratic exercise.

I asked you to prove the additional religious practices and beliefs of the Patriarchs. Don't turn the burden of proof on me. You made the statement. Now prove it.

btw the clean/unclean animals are part of the Noahide principles.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
Eric, you can add CIRCUMCISION and the growing of BEARDS to the list above. These support the fact and my pont that they did much more than the 7 as you claim.
Recall your words "these 7 principles are what Noah, Abraham, and Isaac followed"
Don't ask me questions. Put your passages that support your position in your response. Circumcision might be one IF you get beyond the covenant part. No where does the Tanakh put a commandment of circumcision on people beyond the covenant. Therefore, the Noahide principles could not require of Gentiles this requirement. They are not part of the covenant.

Beards are entirely a different story.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Eric---btw the clean/unclean animals are part of the Noahide principles.

HughBe--- Incorrect based on this quote from MY Jewish Learning. ""The children of Noah were commanded with seven commandments:[to establish] laws, and [to prohibit] cursing God, idolatry, illicit sexuality, bloodshed, robbery, and eating flesh from a living animal (Sanhedrin 56a; cf. Tosefta Avodah Zarah 8:4 and Genesis Rabbah 34:8)."

Let me outline my proof that Noah, Abraham etc. kept more than Noahide 7 rules. The approach is simple I shall list things that are not in the rules.

1. Abraham paid tithes. "And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him TITHES of all"

2. They knew the LAWS about clean and unclean animals.

3. They sacrificed CLEAN animals thus demonstrating KNOWLEDGE of the laws.

"And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every CLEAN beast, and of every CLEAN fowl, and offered burnt OFFERINGS on the altar"

"Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a LAMB for a burnt offering" "Abraham went and took the RAM, and offered him up for a burnt offering "

4. I am saying that they knew how to put a "difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;" and as such they would NOT have eaten unclean meats.

5. Diet of Abraham "he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat. "
Note clean meat eaten and NOT PORK.

6. They KNEW the WAY of the Lord, God said so. "For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the WAY of the LORD, to do JUSTICE and JUDGMENT" The way of the Lord are His commandments.
e.g."a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the WAY" In other words not obeying His commandments is turning from His WAY. Clear.

7. The patriarchs knew that they should honour their parents as this is a part of the way of the Lord.

Now Eric, you prove your noahide laws.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Abraham honouring his father illustrated.

"Terah TOOK Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there"

Note the language used i.e. Terah TOOK. Note Abram was MARRIED and as such an adult and yet the respect and obedience to his father.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
From WHERE you derived this "general rule"? That all Non Muslims should be killed?
In which Islamic country ALL NON MUSLIMS were killed unless they accepted Islam?
In Christianity I can give you example of Spain, where not a Single Muslim was set to live, after Christians took it from Muslims.
The 12 Crusades are proof....nothing else can be said. Both religions are bloody. They harm humanity in everyway.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Crusades are proof that Western World should have left Muslim world alone.
And WW-1 and WW-2 are proofs that the concept of "Extreme Nationalism" is wrong and can bring the world to the level of extinction.
And Isreal's atrocities against Palestinians for past 60 years are proof that world's moral is dead and they can close their eyes to whichever tragedy they want to close.
The Western world ALWAYS take a double standard, when Muslims are being persecuted, they do not even bother about it.
And when Muslims appear to be in the wrong, the whole world starting from UNO. to EU to Vatican and what not....the whole Media and the whole press has nothing else to talk about any thing else except the "Muslim's Barbaric Crimes".
It is this double standard which is cause of maximum problem in this world and where it shall lead the world, I do not know for sure,
Israel will set matters right. Palestinians will pay...they should be exited from the land of honey. Arabs burn their children.or haven't you heard yet? ALLAH is on Israels side.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
JEWS should not be in ISRAEL. The Palestinians have been there longer....it's THERE COUNTRY!!
rabbee: if the jews, should not be in Ysrael. then why does, G-D have them there? are you telling me, that G-D is making a mistake? and that your, more perfect than G-D? or is it just you, misintrepeting what G-D is actually doing? do you realize what you have just said, is blastphemy? blastphemy against what G-D, is actually commanding be done? well i have some old news for you, you ain't any kind of true messiah. your just another false prophet, who does not recognize. what G-D, is actually doing.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
For Muslims dieing in battle field is an honor and not a punishment! from God !!
You keep telling yourself that.

The rest of us call that Darwinism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,881 - 39,900 of68,143
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Allentown Forum right now

Search the Allentown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,072,018
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 45 min katie 304,894
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 7 hr Ramen 51,108
Allentown releases draft of plan for community ... 12 hr Insite 39
Commision reviews proposed new digital-video si... 17 hr silly rabbit 1
Allentown business owner claims city lowballed ... Wed silly rabbit 1
Trooper fires shot in chase of suspect that end... Wed silly rabbit 10
•••
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
Allentown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••