Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72042 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41196 Sep 23, 2012
@frijoles. I think you're on to something. post 41185 is missing from when i posted a link about what happened to Stevens before he was killed. First reported in Lebanese news site, then pulled. That's what I was ranting about on the post about Romney's tan.

I won't post the link again since my post got censored. There are several links which have story. Creative searching.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41197 Sep 23, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
got the link (clicked on my reply to you)
Thats not an apology - thats a condemnation - excatly the right thing to say. The "movie" was a hate movie
We absolutely reject its content and message, said Clinton in the advertisement.
English, German, Dutch and French tv channels all showed the direct transmission, so was wondering where Sea got that opinion from.
Those intrest-groups are keeping America pretty dumb.
That is if Americans can't get any real news anymore.
(Uhm , i understood in any case that only the New York area had any clue about what the rest of the world calls informed and checked news.)

Location hidden

#41198 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
@frijoles. I think you're on to something. post 41185 is missing from when i posted a link about what happened to Stevens before he was killed. First reported in Lebanese news site, then pulled. That's what I was ranting about on the post about Romney's tan.
I won't post the link again since my post got censored. There are several links which have story. Creative searching.
that was pulled any and anywhere on the forum, mainly because it does not corroborate checked events.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41199 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
What is interesting is that we continue to converse, and ASSUME that all our posts are posted, and that we are responding to what has been posted (instead of responding to what may or may not be posted).

Though some times my clicks double post - I suppose that could be some of them

I wonder if the censoring is software driven or it there IS a silent human lurking.

I only know of one person ever banned - COR and I have experience with this - His name was Holy Cow - and Topix went back through a few years of postings and removed ALL his posts - but humorously didnt expunge other people who quoted him in their replies. The COW was a lot of fun - 100% Whackoo - We miss him

Location hidden

#41200 Sep 23, 2012
There are two stories (and mind we are talking Benghazi, the only place in lybia with halfway decent people)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22071...
Anderson abusing trust of Stevens family by using the diary he found.

cont.

Location hidden

#41201 Sep 23, 2012
Benghazi people faighting the jihadists (as they always have) but now in revenge for Stevens.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22069...

Location hidden

#41202 Sep 23, 2012
Note the correction: correction: chris stevens was not 'murdered'. he died from smoke inhallation...

Location hidden

#41203 Sep 23, 2012
Several journalists of European stations were present when the raid took place, they stated that it was coordinated by bearded man.
It was not a protected consulate or ambassy, but ordinary 'dwellings' where Stevens had lived peacefully for allready one year.
If anyone had been dragged around and abused they would have known.
Obviously we've had those reports from Iraq and from Somalia, to name a few.
In this case it was an opinion piece about lessons not learned from history, that rattled in content, had an anti-american tone and was misconstrued to favour the Romney camp.

Location hidden

#41204 Sep 23, 2012
Therefore Romney and repubs in general were acused of being vultures trying to get political gain from the corpse of Stevens.
Apt perception.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41205 Sep 23, 2012
MAAT wrote:
Benghazi people faighting the jihadists (as they always have) but now in revenge for Stevens.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22069...
I saw these news reports a couple of days ago - the only encouraging news to come out of the region. The moderate people deserve far better than to let themselves be cowed by new despots. But honestly, this is the first indication that someone is rising up against radicalism. And true to form, the bullies ran like rats when confronted.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41206 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I saw these news reports a couple of days ago - the only encouraging news to come out of the region. The moderate people deserve far better than to let themselves be cowed by new despots. But honestly, this is the first indication that someone is rising up against radicalism. And true to form, the bullies ran like rats when confronted.
Historically, the Libyans have always been an educated and civilized people, with no popular tradition of extremism.

Location hidden

#41207 Sep 23, 2012
The people of benghazi have always fought back, and had the most to suffer for it.
But Lybia is a strange place.
Recall the blond daughter of Gaddafi, that met with the former dictator of iraq?
So gaddafi would not condonereli-extremists.
He even leveled a hide-out mountain.
And any old bearded farth, that would not let his daughters of granddaughters go to school, would see his beard pulled out with pliers.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#41208 Sep 23, 2012
Mohammad , the Ideal Prophet By SYED SULAIMAN NADWI (Abridged) Part- 7

Lecture 1. Prophets of Allah: The Only Ideals f or Mankind (Contd.)

Great Men of History:(Contd.)

Human history is full of the records of thousands of remarkable personalities who set their lives as examples for the future generations. You may find among them mighty emperors holding their magnificent courts; great army generals; serene thinkers and solemn philosophers; intimidating conquerors; poets lost in their dream world and the rich surrounded by their treasures and luxuries.

The life of each one of these has a special glamour and a tremendous appeal for the ordinary folk. Be it Hanibal of Carthage, Alexander of Macedonia, Caesar of Rome, Darius of Persia or Napoleon of France, all of them hold a special fascination for common people.

Similarly, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Diogenes and other Greek philosophers like them, along with Spencer and their likes have an attraction of their own. Nimrod, the Pharoah, Abu Jahal and Abu Lahab stand out in a different way.

Qaroon (or Korah) shows yet another aspect of human life. In short there are
justice, righteousness, goodness and light. These tales are full of praise for those
who recognized and accepted the burden of human responsibilities, and
condemnation for those who failed and refused to carry the human burden.

Every nation has derived moral lessons from the biographies of its great men and learnt from their lives the examples of good and evil, knowledge and ignorance, oppression and justice, belief and disbelief, so that they could avoid the dire consequences of evil, ignorance and oppression and benefit from the examples of goodness, knowledge, justice and faith.

Of the heavenly books such as the Old and the New Testament and the holy Quran the main themes are the same examples of the woeful end of the wicked, oppressive and faithless nations or individuals, and the triumph of the just, the good and the believers.

Human history is full of the records of thousands of remarkable personalities who
set their lives as examples for the future generations. hundreds of different kinds of examples for the ordinary human being to follow.

Who can be a Model for Humans?

But of all these various types, which one can guarantee a peaceful and happy life and show the way to eternal salvation? Among these examples, which one deserves to be followed?

A. Conquerors and Warriors:?

There are conquerors and great leaders of men who changed the shape of the world with the might of their swords. But did they leave anything behind for the well being of humanity? Their glory was limited to the battlefield alone and they failed to free humanity from the grip of superstition and evil thoughts.

They could never solve the complex problems of human relationship. Did they leave any plan for the progress of human civilization? Did they have any answers for our spiritual problems, our miseries and despair? Did they set any guidelines for building a noble human character bearing high morals?

B. Poets?

This world of ours has produced numerous great poets too. But these rulers of the world of fancy have utterly failed in the practical world of reality. Therefore,
Plato would have no use for them in his ideal Republic.

Since Homer to the present time, what have they contributed to solving human problems? They have only supplied a momentary gratification of certain human emotions and created a fanciful world of unreal pains and pleasures. They have failed to leave a healthy impact on human life because their sweet and fancy words are not backed by actual deeds. The holy Quran says:

As for the poets, they are followed by the straying people. Did you not see that they wander in every valley And that they say what they do not? Except those who believe and do righteous deeds(Chp.26:Vrs. 224-227)
ana

London, UK

#41209 Sep 23, 2012
MAAT wrote:
Note the correction: correction: chris stevens was not 'murdered'. he died from smoke inhallation...
In The Uk that would be classified as manslaughter ...

I'm of the opinion the American embassy should not have been there in the first place , how foolish , but USA is greedy for oil so they wilfully endanger the lives of their consular staff, and put them in the middle of a civil conflict

Was the US embassy guarded at all, was there no suffering security??
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41210 Sep 23, 2012
MAAT wrote:
Therefore Romney and repubs in general were acused of being vultures trying to get political gain from the corpse of Stevens.
Apt perception.
That's the usual spin from the mainstream media.

I saw the news reports earlier last week and it's the only good news coming out of the region. The moderates, who have been silent for so long, deserve far better than to let themselves be cowed by new despots after ridding themselves of Qaddafi.

I saw the movie and it is stupid, cheap and hateful, but it is no worse than the movies cranked out in the mideast to incite people to kill Jews and Americans. And it is as insulting as the 'art' displayed by the National Endowment for the Arts showing a crucifix in urine - paid for with our tax dollars. While Obama was distancing America from the movie, he could've put in a word for freedom of speech. Bottom line, the movie was not the cause for murdering the ambassador and three other Americans. The radicals believe we're stupid and our foreign policy is proving them right.

As for what happened to Stevens, it will come out, probably after the electioni.
http://www.policyalmanac.org/culture/arts.sht...
ana

London, UK

#41211 Sep 23, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Historically, the Libyans have always been an educated and civilized people, with no popular tradition of extremism.
Erm apparently they were not so during ottoman rule ... They were bedouins most were murdered under Italian occupation

Ask your self who created extremism ???
ana

London, UK

#41212 Sep 23, 2012
MAAT wrote:
The people of benghazi have always fought back, and had the most to suffer for it.
But Lybia is a strange place.
Recall the blond daughter of Gaddafi, that met with the former dictator of iraq?
So gaddafi would not condonereli-extremists.
He even leveled a hide-out mountain.
And any old bearded farth, that would not let his daughters of granddaughters go to school, would see his beard pulled out with pliers.
And what u know about libya ???
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41213 Sep 23, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What is interesting is that we continue to converse, and ASSUME that all our posts are posted, and that we are responding to what has been posted (instead of responding to what may or may not be posted).
Though some times my clicks double post - I suppose that could be some of them
I wonder if the censoring is software driven or it there IS a silent human lurking.
I only know of one person ever banned - COR and I have experience with this - His name was Holy Cow - and Topix went back through a few years of postings and removed ALL his posts - but humorously didnt expunge other people who quoted him in their replies. The COW was a lot of fun - 100% Whackoo - We miss him
The cow was gone before I got here but I recall some of your posts that indicated he was quite unique. Curious that his posts disappeared.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41214 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41215 Sep 23, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
In The Uk that would be classified as manslaughter ...
I'm of the opinion the American embassy should not have been there in the first place , how foolish , but USA is greedy for oil so they wilfully endanger the lives of their consular staff, and put them in the middle of a civil conflict
Was the US embassy guarded at all, was there no suffering security??
Does one receive a gash on their head from smoke inhalation??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min party girl 1,520,516
News Teacher in Alleged Sex Assault Gets Court Date (May '13) 3 hr silly rabbit 7
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ThomasA 313,920
7th century goat molesting barbarians 9 hr Molovinskys Goon ... 9
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sat Patty Myers 8,138
News Bethlehem traffic stop nets heroin worth $30K o... Sat schizoaffective 5
News Police make arrest in Allentown homicide (May '09) Sat silly rabbit 171

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages