Court: Atiyeh can proceed with lawsuit over arena project

Sep 13, 2012 Full story: WFMZ 7

The Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court has ruled that a lawsuit filed over the zone that's helping to fund a proposed arena in downtown Allentown can move forward.

Full Story
silly rabbit

Ridley Park, PA

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Looks like the king was sold a false bill of goods. He sold that bad bill of goods to all his court jesters and just as the kig did they bought it hook line and sinker? Like his line about the water system and the MMO boat sinking this Madoff scheem is slowing to a halt.
With his planned economic demise of allentown pa on the backs of the taxbase, will he resign or will the people of allentown chase him out like frankenstien? There is always big brother to answer too?~^<>
Ceegee2

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2012
What happens to the bonds if the niz is unconstitutional? Karma is a mfr

“Allentown the all AmericanCity”

Since: Sep 07

Allentown, PA

#3 Sep 13, 2012
With this suit being allowed to continue they may not be able to issue the bonds. If they think it has merit they might postpone the issue in case in case the zone is ruled unconstitutional. If the city proceeds with the issue and it is ruled unconstitutional the city would be on the hook for at least 25 to 30 million is issuance costs and have to return the money to the bond trustee.

Junk bonds for a junk project by a junk city.
Ceegee2

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2012
Maybe they should include the entire town and try to improve the whole area. Seems to me just certain people are benefiting with the niz
Wings Nut

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Oh my God! What does that mean? I already purchased season tickets. Do you think I will get my money back?
Ceegee2

United States

#6 Sep 13, 2012
You will see the games in 2014
silly rabbit

Chester Springs, PA

#7 Sep 14, 2012
Ceegee2 wrote:
Maybe they should include the entire town and try to improve the whole area. Seems to me just certain people are benefiting with the niz
Yes the wHOLE of the city would benifit because of the hole city blocks that the king helpped destroy with his freinds that have made small campaign donations? This is a organized criminal act commited to take advantage of poor minority neiborhoods that just happen to be historic districts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min John Galt 1,127,281
Trick-Or-Treat Nights in the Lehigh Valley -- t... (Oct '07) 1 hr MOMOF2 248
Tons of Planes/Lights in sky? 5 hr Modest 1
Peter Schweyer, Steven Ramos square off over ed... 6 hr silly rabbit 2
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr cpeter1313 306,292
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 hr JOEL 70,105
Allentown shooter charged with attempted homicide 15 hr silly rabbit 1

Allentown News Video

Allentown Dating
Find my Match