WFMZ needs updated commentary

There are 20 comments on the Apr 5, 2009, The Morning Call story titled WFMZ needs updated commentary. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

I was relieved to see that I'm not the only one to notice TV station WFMZ's implicit insistence that the only views worth airing in its commentary segment are those of older, white conservative males.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Cool Logic - Burning Passion”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 5, 2009
So have them invite groups like LEPOCO to speak or some of the liberal voices that write LTE's. Or...listen to NPR.
Truth

Allentown, PA

#2 Apr 5, 2009
So turn the station. If you want to watch the nutcases at MSNBC, no one is stopping you.
ratings up

Bath, PA

#3 Apr 5, 2009
I can only hope all this liberal whining is helping WFMZ ratings. I know I put their news on in the morning before work now that I know you all think that it is a conservative station. Thank you for the info!!!

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Apr 5, 2009
I think WFMZ should air daily, hour-long "specials" about the deep-fat-frying lard guy!

That's what the people want, isn't it?
Dr Feelgood

Coopersburg, PA

#6 Apr 5, 2009
Obviously catherine have a liberal knot in her panties.
snowman allentown PA

Sellersville, PA

#7 Apr 5, 2009
Dennis Mac wrote:
I think WFMZ should air daily, hour-long "specials" about the deep-fat-frying lard guy!
That's what the people want, isn't it?
now I can enjoy that!!!
Joe

Allentown, PA

#8 Apr 5, 2009
WFMZ is run by Richard Dean, probably most ultra conservative christian guy around. WFMZ is run under the Maranantha Broadcasting Company..Maranantha being some type of Christian religious organization. So obviously the news coming from there is very slanted and I don't think that is going to change anytime soon. I know because I had friends who worked there. Its nice to know our local news around here is controlled by a religous organization...yikes!
M Jones

Emmaus, PA

#9 Apr 5, 2009
WFMZ needs a new weatherman too.

Ed Hanna talks too much. He likes to hear his own voice.
No Change 4U

Bath, PA

#10 Apr 5, 2009
Joe wrote:
WFMZ is run by Richard Dean, probably most ultra conservative christian guy around. WFMZ is run under the Maranantha Broadcasting Company..Maranantha being some type of Christian religious organization. So obviously the news coming from there is very slanted and I don't think that is going to change anytime soon. I know because I had friends who worked there. Its nice to know our local news around here is controlled by a religous organization...yikes!
Why?
calvin hooves

United States

#11 Apr 5, 2009
ed hanna thinks he's a bit of a personality. frankly he's boring and treats drizzle as a "weather event". haciel cordoba? oh please. these guys are news READERS at best. and yes, most everyone at that station including on air staff are born again christians, including the vaughns, who actually are good at their jobs. but the REAL reason i keep watching 69 news is that hottie cathy crane!!!!!!! wow is she a babe or what?????? that long flowing bleached blonde hair, that two pack a day raspy deep voice, that never-ending smile.....woohoo ooops, i think i just threw up a little in my mouth....
The real truth

Slatington, PA

#12 Apr 5, 2009
calvin hooves wrote:
ed hanna thinks he's a bit of a personality. frankly he's boring and treats drizzle as a "weather event". haciel cordoba? oh please. these guys are news READERS at best. and yes, most everyone at that station including on air staff are born again christians, including the vaughns, who actually are good at their jobs. but the REAL reason i keep watching 69 news is that hottie cathy crane!!!!!!! wow is she a babe or what?????? that long flowing bleached blonde hair, that two pack a day raspy deep voice, that never-ending smile.....woohoo ooops, i think i just threw up a little in my mouth....
You are right Cordoba is thee token working there, they made him take a course to smile, Cathy owns half the station herself so she will always be the hottie and dont puke , she aint that bad and she always had that 4 pack a day voice driving her Jag around, and the big guy weatherman in the morning would make a better mortcian, ever notice when there is a weather event they only show Hanna from the waist up cause he has wet his pants? and Eve , Jacial's side kick is a real hotti but for which gender?? always talks about her girlfriends, and the one gal reporter cant think of her name but looks like she is sky high on somethng when she is on!!!
The real truth

Slatington, PA

#13 Apr 5, 2009
Oh and one of the gal reporter Millet or something like that is anorexic for sure yikes what a crew!!!
JS4now

Barto, PA

#14 Apr 5, 2009
Still complaining about 30 seconds of opinion per day? Well, just watch ABC. NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, HBO (Bill Maher and friends will give you plenty of opposing viewpoint), etc., for your daily dose of left-slanted comments. OR, just hit the mute button for that half minute.

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Apr 5, 2009
Haciel Cordoba? Sometimes I think he's partially retarded.

He has trouble pronouncing certain words, seems to know nothing about certain things that the typical LV viewer would know, appears afraid to try certain foods,.....

Ed Hanna? A stuffed shirt.

Matt Broderick is pretty good, and the morning traffic guy (Rick Edwards?) is GREAT.

Other than that? YAAAAWWWWNNNN!!! ZZZZZZZZ..........

Since: Jan 09

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Apr 5, 2009
Spain--why you had to drive here? Look at the damage you did. Bastardo!

“Allergic to stupid people”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#17 Apr 6, 2009
Dennis Mac wrote:
Haciel Cordoba? Sometimes I think he's partially retarded.
He has trouble pronouncing certain words, seems to know nothing about certain things that the typical LV viewer would know, appears afraid to try certain foods,.....
Nothing beats the time that Matt asked a trivia question about the Washington Monument.(What landmark in Washington is so many feet tall and has all the states flags around it?). Jaciel had no clue about what Matt was talking about even after they told him where it was and described it more in detail.
Alfonso Todd

Bethlehem, PA

#19 Apr 6, 2009
I recently took part on WFMZ's Tony Ianelli show, BUSINESS MATTERS and while the station does seem kind of homogenized,(I was the only person of color on the panel or in the whole building, I believe) I think they are trying to do more upbeat and modern topics. I was there for a discussion in regards to the legalization of medical marijuana.
I am unsure if the Valley is truly ready for a progressive, professional, hip, and stimulating local show. I mean we do have TEMPO, COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT, and various other shows with local topics, but we have a whole new generation of young professionals and communities that would like to see topics and events that occur in the Lehigh Valley and beyond..
Unfortunatly, as long as the Valley's attitude is that Jaciel is just a token and "people of color" are a bane to the Lehigh Valley community, then this will not happen any time soon..

Alfonso Todd

The real truth

Slatington, PA

#20 Apr 6, 2009
pippySqueek wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing beats the time that Matt asked a trivia question about the Washington Monument.(What landmark in Washington is so many feet tall and has all the states flags around it?). Jaciel had no clue about what Matt was talking about even after they told him where it was and described it more in detail.
Like I said a token, read that Alfonso, and they call them pros eh??
Local watchdog

Bethlehem, PA

#21 Apr 6, 2009
BAN 69!! I URGE EVERY READER OF THIS MESSAGE TO BAN THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE NEWS STATION !!
THEY ARE EXCREMENT IN THE WORLD OF BROADCAST JOURNILISM !! EVERYONE IN THE THE LEHIGH VALLEY IS BEING LIED TO IF YOU CONTINUE TO WATCH THIS CRAP !!
Local watchdog

Bethlehem, PA

#22 Apr 6, 2009
What i want people who read this is to boycot 69! in every way shape and form ! they are garbage and we as citizens in the valley do not have to take this B.S. Anymore. They can take there conservative view points and shove them you know where!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 30 min Pearl Jam 309,679
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,220,144
Parolee beats, robs fellow parolee in Allentown... 12 hr silly rabbit 1
Synthetic weed users flooding into Pennsylvania... 23 hr silly rabbit 1
Allentown shooting victim drives himself to hos... Thu silly rabbit 1
Synthetic marijuana sickening dozens; may be ca... Apr 22 silly rabbit 1
Debate: Marijuana - Allentown, PA (Aug '10) Apr 22 kareem flour 44
More from around the web

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]