Man found dead in car in Kmart parkin...

Man found dead in car in Kmart parking lot

There are 90 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 14, 2008, titled Man found dead in car in Kmart parking lot. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A man was found dead Wednesday afternoon in the Kmart parking lot in Allentown , authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
snowman Bath PA

Allentown, PA

#1 Feb 14, 2008
It is now thursday and they don't know how he died? If it is a bullet, or not, can we know that? Let's hide ALL THE CRIME.
Sharkey

United States

#2 Feb 14, 2008
Tell us more. Was this yet another murder in Allentown? A suicide?
superman

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Feb 14, 2008
are you two morons it is under investigation meaning they have to investigate before they explain what happened. and yes it is now thursday and the body was found wed. if crime was being hidden the morning call would be sure to write a story on that.
read

AOL

#5 Feb 14, 2008
Sharkey wrote:
Tell us more. Was this yet another murder in Allentown? A suicide?
it says in the article it doesn't look suspicious (sp)..... so therefore most likely not murder
NostraTimus

Tucson, AZ

#6 Feb 14, 2008
Allentown Police Capt. Daniel Warg said,''It doesn't appear suspicious, but we are investigating.''

What does that mean???

Did the 28 year-old die of natural causes???

Was it a case of extreme stupidity???
{froze to death while sleeping in car or drug overdose}

Is is the Dumpster Killer back in town???
{body found burning in an AllenSwamp dumpster was NOT ruled a homicide yet}

With The Monkey Call less is is more when it comes to info.
Winston

Rockville, MD

#7 Feb 14, 2008
I cant believe people still shop at Kmart. What a dump. So is that PR grocery store in the other lot. Much like that Bar in the same lot. Bulldoze that whole shopping center.
nopunintended

Fort Washington, PA

#9 Feb 14, 2008
I think his trunk monkey killed him!
My Opinion

Zionhill, PA

#10 Feb 14, 2008
You people worry so much about a dead body. If you think you can hurry this along, then go get a degree and help out. Other than that take up a different hobby instead of being so freakin nosey. You sound like gossiping neighbors, and I hate the gossipy neighbors. Read the paper and flip the page there is other news to be concerned about other than a dead body.
Citizen

AOL

#11 Feb 14, 2008
superman wrote:
are you two morons it is under investigation meaning they have to investigate before they explain what happened. and yes it is now thursday and the body was found wed. if crime was being hidden the morning call would be sure to write a story on that.
I have a police scanner and you would be shocked at all the crime not in The MC. They are very careful what they put in. This is a scant report and it wouldn't be in the paper at all but for the dead body they have to explain.
My Opinion

Zionhill, PA

#12 Feb 14, 2008
Winston wrote:
I cant believe people still shop at Kmart. What a dump. So is that PR grocery store in the other lot. Much like that Bar in the same lot. Bulldoze that whole shopping center.
Winston you need a hobby you poor old sole. Take up knitting and realax a tade
Not

Macungie, PA

#13 Feb 14, 2008
Sounds like you should either learn spanish or get a new job. After all, it sounds like "dealing with spanish" is part of your job and those "spanish" are some of your customers. Speaking another language creates new opportunites and can advance your pay.
allentown resident wrote:
<quoted text>.....come on now unfortunatley i shop there, granted i do not even go into price rite due to the rude disgusting food stamp collecting prs that frequent that place.....i do go to kmart occasionally and yes its the same there, this whole town is like that anymore...... i work in a field which deals w spanish and it is infuriating when i get calls and walk ins and i basically cannot understand what the heck they r saying cuz they only speak spanish....alot of times the first quiestion on the phone is do you speak spanish???? i sooo wish i could respond with no this is america i speak ENGLISH and if you want to reside hear speak it also!!!!!
kudos to philly steak shop for the sign english only!!!!!
NostraTimus

Tucson, AZ

#14 Feb 14, 2008
Hey remember when an AllenSwamp criminal supposedly "found" a dead guy in his pick-up truck in this same parking lot {if I remember correctly} and then he moved the body to the passenger side and drove around all day with the dead guy.

That sure was a fun story.

Anyway, dead bodies found in vehicles in AllenSwamp? No biggie!
SouthAtown

Lansdale, PA

#16 Feb 14, 2008
I live about a quarter mile from here and I agree with earlier comments specifically regarding the "Price Rite," the shopping center seems to be held back by this old dump... the new gym is beautiful and the Chinese Buffet just renovated their facility... talking to the nice ladies at the hair dressers (end of the strip) it sounds like many of the other shops are also planning renovations, and the vacant stores will be replaced with some nicer shops. The K-Mart isn't bad but why can't they put a reputable grocery store in? They have zero brand name products, the layout forces you to go through the ethnic food aisle, and there's little-to-no store planning.

As far as the A-town police and the MCall are concerned, this isn't a new pattern, guaranteed we'll hear the victims name and then it'll get buried. Back in October, the shooting at 2nd and Brookside spooked a lot of people in my neighborhood (myself included). There were 2 suspects seen running from the scene, and they had one person in for "questioning." What the hell happened??? It's been months, is there still a killer running around in our neighborhood? Why haven't we heard anything??? If the police wants to have the community start taking part in self-patrolling of neighborhoods, better communication would help a great deal!

“Listen - Looney Tunes”

Since: Mar 07

been around

#17 Feb 14, 2008
Not wrote:
Sounds like you should either learn spanish or get a new job. After all, it sounds like "dealing with spanish" is part of your job and those "spanish" are some of your customers. Speaking another language creates new opportunites and can advance your pay.
<quoted text>
Speaking that language will get you shot or head of a drug cartel or entry to a lot of smelly apts or introduction to a lot of knife threating females or a lot of illiterate lazy children or of course a red carpet invitation to your local welfare office and complete instuctions on use of an ACCESS card!! ENGLISH ONLY!!
STEELER FAN

Newtown Square, PA

#18 Feb 14, 2008
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN ALLENTOWN
Winston

Rockville, MD

#19 Feb 14, 2008
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Winston you need a hobby you poor old sole. Take up knitting and realax a tade
This kind of is a hobby.

“DIRTY BIRDY”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#20 Feb 14, 2008
RonMania wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking that language will get you shot or head of a drug cartel or entry to a lot of smelly apts or introduction to a lot of knife threating females or a lot of illiterate lazy children or of course a red carpet invitation to your local welfare office and complete instuctions on use of an ACCESS card!! ENGLISH ONLY!!
Funny coming from a man that dated a spanish gal.

“It's Evolution Baby.....”

Allentown Pa

#21 Feb 14, 2008
NostraTimus wrote:
Anyway, dead bodies found in vehicles in AllenSwamp? No biggie!
From the East Valley Tribune: The wife of a slain Chandler business owner is looking to her faith and the public for answers. Shawn Micheal Foote, 26, was shot in the head Saturday night. He was found behind the counter of Smoke n Stuff, the store he co-owns at 411 S. Arizona Ave, and died hours later.

From The Arizona Republic: When authorities announced an arrest two weeks ago in a series of sexual assaults that had terrorized Chandler, the suspect turned out to be a resident of the very neighborhood the rapist stalked.

Santana Batiz Aceves was a construction worker, a married man with a young son and daughter, and a neighbor with a fondness for grilling and food - a man who led, seemingly, an unremarkable life. His arrest surprised those who knew him best.

And, from WAND TV: An Illinois man who pleaded guilty to murder in the 2003 kidnapping and murder of a top major league prospect for the Cincinnati Reds faces life in prison.

But a judge has decided that Reginald Riddle of Harvey (Illinois) will be eligible for parole after 25 years.

The victim, Cincinnati Reds outfielder Dernell Stenson, was abducted after he left a Scottsdale, Arizona nightclub and then killed after being driven in his own SUV to Chandler.

ChandlerSwamp anyone???

“DIRTY BIRDY”

Location hidden

#22 Feb 14, 2008
allentown resident wrote:
<quoted text>.....come on now unfortunatley i shop there, granted i do not even go into price rite due to the rude disgusting food stamp collecting prs that frequent that place.....i do go to kmart occasionally and yes its the same there, this whole town is like that anymore...... i work in a field which deals w spanish and it is infuriating when i get calls and walk ins and i basically cannot understand what the heck they r saying cuz they only speak spanish....alot of times the first quiestion on the phone is do you speak spanish???? i sooo wish i could respond with no this is america i speak ENGLISH and if you want to reside hear speak it also!!!!!
kudos to philly steak shop for the sign english only!!!!!
What you don't realize is that America is home of the free..It's called freedom of speach..
If thats what you work around would'nt it be better for you to be Bi-lingual??I speak 3 languages its awsome..I have gotten great job offers because of it..

“DIRTY BIRDY”

Location hidden

#23 Feb 14, 2008
My condolences to this poor mans family...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr VetnorsGate 1,581,412
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr cpeter1313 316,342
News Two more arrested in fatal Allentown home invas... Fri weaponX 1
News WFMZ needs updated commentary (Apr '09) Aug 17 weaponX 30
News Many Allentown homicides unsolved (Jun '09) Aug 16 weaponX 95
News Police: Man arrested for graffiti support of Al... Aug 15 weaponX 1
News Penns dad sentenced after allowing daughter to ... Aug 15 weaponX 13

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance