Exiwife of Robert W. White Jr. Remembers Night of 1978 Murder: ...

Robert W. White, Jr., suspect in the 1978 homicide death of Virginia L. Morrell, who was murdered in her Easton apartment. Full Story
Adams Apple

AOL

#1 Mar 17, 2009
Why are still talking about this?
taz

Langhorne, PA

#2 Mar 17, 2009
because they just caught the murderer recently!!!!
Law and Order

United States

#3 Mar 17, 2009
Only in America.... Looks like our judicial system really botched another one. This guy wandered the streets for thirty years!!!!!!!! How many other victims are there? With this guys priors and his ex-wife's testimony, it is unfathomable that our
men in blue and DA's office was unable to bring this man to justice before now. Thirty years? Give me a break....
duh

Fairport, NY

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Adams Apple wrote:
Why are still talking about this?
Ummm...because there is no statute of limitations for murder .... and someone lost their life at this animal's hand. She was someone's child...to be bound naked and gaged...don't you think he needs to pay for this crime? or do we just let it go since it's been so long? You really are an idiot!
enough already

New York, NY

#5 Mar 17, 2009
That poor child. Imagine the last thing you see on earth is that ugly b@st@rd's face.
Whackjob

AOL

#6 Mar 17, 2009
Sick sick sick. It took 30 effen years to get this POS? Good job!
One Who Knows

Slatington, PA

#7 Mar 17, 2009
For all those wondering why it took so long, it was impossible to bring this case 30 years ago. There was no DNA technology then and no testimony from wife. All those priors--inadmissible. Had he been tried then, he would have been acquitted and would be free. No double jeopardy. In a criminal case, you don't bring it until you can get a conviction. Instead of all the "why didn't they" stuff you should be happy that police departments have reopened cases with new technology and are now convicting people they could not have 30 years ago.
One Who Knows

Slatington, PA

#8 Mar 17, 2009
Law and Order wrote:
Only in America.... Looks like our judicial system really botched another one. This guy wandered the streets for thirty years!!!!!!!! How many other victims are there? With this guys priors and his ex-wife's testimony, it is unfathomable that our
men in blue and DA's office was unable to bring this man to justice before now. Thirty years? Give me a break....
Read the story. Ex-wife's testimony is new and frankly would not mean a thing absent DNA evidence.
Yankees71248

Fogelsville, PA

#9 Mar 17, 2009
If it is proven that this guy did this, I do not care if it would have been 50 years. He took a young girls life in a most horrid way & he should answer for it.
Back 30 years ago, his X was not his X & did not have to testify & could not be made to. Now she can if she want & I guess she wants to. GOOD for her.

“God Bless Our Soldiers!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Bethlehem

#10 Mar 17, 2009
I bet the wife deep down inside knew but just never wanted to face reality. So many people could have been spared!
Hindsight

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Mar 17, 2009
Now she's an ex-wife, not a wife. Changes the game.
Outraged

Bethlehem, PA

#12 Mar 17, 2009
This is pathetic! I read this article and can not even believe it took 30-31 years to get this guy for this murder?!!? I don't care if this was 1978 but w/ all that information that this "ex-wife" provided, shes just as much to blame behind this! Seriously .. with all that info about her husband gone missing, this girl being the NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR!? and then he shows up sweating, not himself etc. and then they swifly move out because of what happened next door( they act like this horrible crime happened next to them and they were soo innocent)..he probably told her!!? And if she had any common sense put the pieces together!! This just sounds so weird reading the article and how long we had to wait for this this man to get what he deserves, this should have been taken care of 31 years ago!!!
FollowingTheCase

Telford, PA

#13 Mar 17, 2009
Hey people - He's been in jail for the past 30 years for his other crimes, he hasn't "wandered the streets for thirty years"
waste

Whitehall, PA

#14 Mar 17, 2009
Kill this guy. This is unreal how he has raped and raped others and now were worried about a trial. God this is not justice women must be scared by how we handle these creeps.
waste

Whitehall, PA

#15 Mar 17, 2009
FollowingTheCase wrote:
Hey people - He's been in jail for the past 30 years for his other crimes, he hasn't "wandered the streets for thirty years"
What he has a record of raping other women. He was found living in a house in Virginia and was registered on the stupid sex offender list. He has not been locked up.
REAL TALK

United States

#16 Nov 5, 2012
The 3rd is very similiar to the 2nd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 71,092
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Yeah 1,154,268
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 307,003
Get furnace checked or face a fine 2 hr silly rabbit 46
Allentown Skyline Grows With 15-Story Office Co... Sat silly rabbit 2
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Dec 18 Careless Crecca 69
Traffic circle studied for Allentown's Hamilton... Dec 18 silly rabbit 1

Allentown News Video

Allentown Dating
Find my Match