Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277902 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#765720 Oct 9, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>

A HUGE LIE!
Betcha can't wait for the next debate, huh? Gonna watch Barry Hussein call Romney a liar! Will your prez raise his voice?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#765721 Oct 9, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDork, the hard working garbage man, bought a ton of clueless offsets. Seems to be cashing in at a rapid rate, I must say.
Hey, how long are you going to keep building that gold pyramid in your backyard? Going on 4 years now, your car is 10 years old, your 40 year old furnace is polluting the entire neighborhood is is terribly inefficient, your 50 year old concrete pool keeps filling up my driveway, your washer and dryer sound like a rock band and your shed just fell over again. Why not spend some of that gold on these things, help spur the economy and put American back to work?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#765722 Oct 9, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, that's cute. Keep trying.
Listen Jean. This really is simple. I said you are now calling his performance a strategy. I was talking about his performance. He sucked. Whatever his strategy was, he failed miserably. It's really not that hard to understand.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#765725 Oct 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The right's target is PBR which it considers the "enemy" and to a lesser degree PBS which is much less political.
The "Big Bird" comment was unnecessary, stupid really as it was only one more case of moderate Mitt pandering to the right.
He was saying to Jim Lehrer; you're fired. It was typical arrogant Mitt who loves to fire people. He's like Da Donald
beggars for Obama

Euless, TX

#765727 Oct 9, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
MSNBCtards will wonder for years why Obama wouldn't call Romney a liar to his face.
We shouldza had pelosi/reid raise taxes on the evil rich too...

Whatz waz those ignoramisis thinking....

'Oh....wait until the mid-term slaughter....THEN...scream about raising taxes'!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#765728 Oct 9, 2012
dem wrote:
Obama 332
Romney 206
Not looking good, baggers.
you believe THAT, too...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#765730 Oct 9, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
allowing people and businesses to pollute if they pay is a ridiculous environmental strategy....a given level of emissions is either acceptable or it is not.....
Cap & trade. It works.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#765731 Oct 9, 2012
Why?
toilet_plungrs_4 _Obama

Euless, TX

#765732 Oct 9, 2012
dem wrote:
Obama 332
Romney 206
Not looking good, baggers.
We gown flush youz andz obammie....

Then ill have me j o b....unclogging the poop n the pipe!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#765734 Oct 9, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful post, Miss Carol? Let Planned Parenthood grovel for funds. We would see just how long they would stay in business...
Let Planned Parenthood grovel while adding an additional 2 trillion to the defense budget? Man, y'all's priorities are fcked up.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#765735 Oct 9, 2012
Reformed Democrat wrote:
Whats gonna happen to this thread when Obama loses?
Burning and looting in cyberspace.

“Time to change the Boss”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#765738 Oct 9, 2012
Hey!!!! DID ANYONE SEE HOW BEFUDDLED OBAMA LOOKED DURING THE DEBATE WITH ROMNEY? LOL Damned altitude! Only excuse the dems didnt use, was that it was Bush's fault. LMAO!!!!!!

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#765739 Oct 9, 2012
Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
<quoted text>BLACK RACISTS bIGOTED BLACK DEMOCRATS CAN'T SEE THEY ARE BIGOTS EVERYTHING OBAMA DOES IS PERFECT BIGOTS IF YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT OBAMA THEY LIE BIGOTS, LIKE CLOCKWORK I KNOW HOW TO BRING ALL THE BLACK RACISTS BIGOT SAMBOS OUT REAL DAVE, DEM,LiLY,LEOSANUS,IT'S SO EASY ONE COCKRAOCH FOLLOWS THE OTHERS ROBO COCKROACHES
Black racists??? Really, Archie, it's time you got back, "get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged." The Boss is just really, really ashamed of you...IP hider?

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#765740 Oct 9, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
PTTWD - Post Traumatic Teleprompter Withdrawal Disorder
Now that IS funny!
Bill

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#765741 Oct 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney will negotiate a peace treaty between Israel & the lower cultured Palestinians.
Romney, after all his bluster how he'd fix those Iranians, will rely on sanctions.. Copying the Obama plan.
I thought there were clear differences. Clearly the only difference is what Romney said last week & what he aid this week.
The main difference is Romney loves the USA and Obama despises it.

Location hidden

#765742 Oct 9, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Burning and looting in cyberspace.
To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!!!!!!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#765743 Oct 9, 2012

Newt speaks the truth. First 40 seconds.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#765744 Oct 9, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Big Bird's taking center stage. What better indicator of Obama's state of affairs could there be? The economy? NO. The death of our Ambassador? NO. The cooked unemployment numbers? NO. Obama's face plant at the debate? NO. It's Big Bird!!!!
i guess they didn't get the memo that Big Bird is an evil 1%er.

Kill Big Bird?

Why the hell not?

Team Obama, desperate to salvage something from Wednesday’s debate debacle, seized on Mitt Romney’s call to end PBS’ taxpayer subsidy.

It was — horrors!— a gaffe.

Nonsense.

“I like PBS,” Romney said.“I love Big Bird. But I’m not going to ... borrow money from China to pay for [it.]”

Gaffe? No way.

Romney’s not out to drive Big Bird off the air. He just doesn’t think that he rates a Washington subsidy — and he’s not alone.

President Obama’s own Simpson-Bowles deficit-reduction commission calls for ending PBS’ subsidy — some $280 million — outright. And for good reason.

Big BirdPBS is now home to numerous lucrative franchises — with “Sesame Street” the most successful, having earned $211 million in merchandising sales from 2003 to 2006.

Indeed, Sesame Workshop’s total assets at the end of last year stood at more than $411 million — and its CEO is paid nearly $1 million a year.

Which certainly makes Big Bird a 1-percenter, earning far more than Mitt Romney — and paying far less in taxes, to boot.

Now, when the Corporation for Public Broadcasing was set up, there was little in the way of educational TV; indeed, all broadcast options were limited.

That’s hardly true in the Information Age, where education outlets are limitless — and well-funded.

PBS contends that Romney “does not understand the value that the American people place on public broadcasting.”

Actually, he does — which is why he figures they’ll voluntarily support it through charitable donations, as many do.

(And by the way, the Obama White House yesterday refused to say if it will preserve tax deductions for all those contributions to “your local PBS station.”)

Big Bird, in short, is doing just fine. But in an era of a $16 trillion-plus national debt, he can pay his own way.'
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#765745 Oct 9, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatta girl lick the tip of my co ck a little.
Pretend I'm your father
TYPICAL BLACK DEMOCRAT RACISTS BIGOT SEXISTS, HOMOPHOBE CLASSLESS BLACK DEMOCRAT OBAMA SUPPORTER A REAL HONEYBUCKET OF THE BLACE DEMOCRAT RACE the ChILDREN LEARN THIS FROM THEIR FAMILIES

Location hidden

#765746 Oct 9, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a dumb old man.
Seems like just a couple weeks ago I caught you in five lies within 20 minutes and you tucked tail and ran.
Ready for act two?
Wow! Are you the Topix Cop?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purse Snatching Reported In Allentown 7 hr Responsible paren... 2
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 23 hr cpeter1313 310,234
News themorningcall.com VIDEO Allentown girl fatally... (Sep '08) Tue Jasmine bitch 4
News Allentown's charter school dealings part of aud... Tue silly rabbit 1
silly rabbit is unemployed and uneducated (Apr '14) Aug 31 silly rabbit 32
Is 40 Below the best club in the Lehigh Valley?? (Apr '08) Aug 30 Richard Kranium 75
News Allentown man dies after jumping from bridge, c... Aug 30 silly rabbit 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages