Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#765561 Oct 9, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>unlike the sociopathic romney who looks right into the camera and knowingly lies repeatedly...
i know, republic*nts love republican liars
Apparently dems love dem liars. Wanna move onto something more substantial or do you just wanna yell liar, liar all day because you have nothing better to fall back on. Like defend Obama's failed policies...there's a conversation starter.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#765562 Oct 9, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything for a buck? Seems like he's worked HARD all his life and earned things legitimately. Unlike welfare moms from generation unto generation. Also, he gave away $7 MILLION in charitable donations. Not a bad person in my book.
To who? The Mormon Church! That's called money laundering

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#765563 Oct 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're that E-knock that just can't get right, no matter how many socks and threads you're on...
I was right.
Nothing intelligent in any of your posts.
You fail again.
"Stuff's gettin better"

P.S
Romney is winning.
fred

Milford, CT

#765564 Oct 9, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred: I likes numbers!
Here fred:
A billionaire: one guy worth a thousand million dollars.
Republicans think he deserves more government loot!
They will tax you more! Cut funding for essential programs like education: Big Bird helped educate generations!
Mitt Romney: I cut funding for insurance!
So the richest can have more money!
Mitt Romney: I am willing to lie so the richest get gifts from the federal government!
A billionaire needs tax help? Ridiculous!
POLL: Romney leads in 11 swing states...
PA now in play?

President Romney 44 states...400+ electoral votes...filibuster proof senate...repeating President Reagan...Carter....1980

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#765565 Oct 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the nasty Democrat Arnold.
You get dumber eery day.
"Arnold" had some good ideas when he was elected, unfortunately the democrats in the state didn't even want to consider any of them. Then he folded and went with the "If you can't beat the, join them" strategy.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#765566 Oct 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. Just when compared to you right wingers it seems that way.
Racist BLACK BIGOTED DEMOCRATS SAYS IF YOU DON'T VOTE DEMOCRAT YOU CAN'T bE BLACK RACISTS BLACK DEMOCRATS BLACK DEMOCRATS ARE BIGOTED RACISTS BLACK DEMOCRATS REFUSE TO SAY CLINTON IS OBAMAS BABYSITTER FOR BIGOTED WHITE DEMOCRATS NEVER BEFORE PAST PRESIDENT HOLDS CURRENT PRESIDENTS HAND OBAMA IS A STUDGE

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#765567 Oct 9, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
WHy does what the R's insist on matter at all? they weren't included in the debate remember....behind door deals!!!! Obamacare was pushed through under a Dem president, a dem congress, and a dem house....R's didn't matter and it's a FACT that tort reform could have been included and the cap the r's want totally ignored, it still would have been forced through just like it was. As thick as the Obamacare novel is you can't tell me they couldn't have addressed the main concern for doctors when it comes to cost that they charge us for. Your excuse for the lack of tort reform is total bs. You really need to get honest and stop with the crap of just thinking that if it was done under Obama it must be right, no mistakes no misjudgements, no problem. And yet if it was done under a R president you don't like....it's ALL wrong. You don't think with reason, logic, facts, or figures. You think party. How very shallow of you.
Not the locked out lie. Republican leadership cracked down on any Republican seeming to work with Democrats.

The bill was debated for nearly a year.

There are 140 Republican amendments in the healthcare bill. Most of the ideas used to be Republican ideas.

My tort reform analysis is spot on. There has been nothing done because Republicans always demand caps. Which ruins against your big government rap that you whine about here constantly.

But hey, if the Republicans were truly interested in reforming healthcare, they should have done it under Bush or worked with Clinton.

The fact is Republicans had plenty of opportunity after they blocked Hillarycare & did NOTHING. NOTHING.

So here you are, mad at Democrats when you should be mad at your own failed party.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#765568 Oct 9, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps we could install another shah...he could stamp out the unrest and set up 9/11/2030. maybe by that time we could have another republican president that will ignore all the warnings and allow it to happen on his...(it won't be a her) watch again
As it was in the beginning...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#765569 Oct 9, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Data shows Big Bird was the most rewatched moment of debate......
It’s looking more and more like President Obama’s performance may not have been such a bad strategy after all. I’m not even entirely sure if you can call Romney’s win a win anymore if shamelessly lying through your teeth and Big Bird are Romney's most memorable takeaways from the debate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Obama's performance now was a "strategy"? I guess the Jets are using that same strategy. Hahahahaha

Ocala, FL

#765570 Oct 9, 2012
Real-Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw I think he's going for Pimp with a Limp again.
Good choice. Nobody can see him staring at his shoes on the radio.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#765571 Oct 9, 2012
Homer may vote split ticket this time, Gary Johnson conservative and Bob Casey moderate.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#765572 Oct 9, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>unlike the sociopathic romney who looks right into the camera and knowingly lies repeatedly...
i know, republic*nts love republican liars
Actually, Obama was the one looking into the camera. I think he forgot it was a debate. Personally, i think he hung out with the chum gang before the debate, what do you think?

Newville, PA

#765573 Oct 9, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Government cannot provide free or subsidized care for someone without taking money from someone else.
"The Wall Street Journal puts it bluntly: ObamaCare will be paid for with 'huge tax increases.' How huge? According to Jeffrey H. Anderson, Ph.D, Senior Fellow of Health Care Studies at the Pacific Research Institute, one ObamaCare proposal would "raise taxes by $2.3 trillion" over the next two decades. Yes, trillion."
I have news.

The government can't so anything without taking money from someone or some entity.

Yes, Obamacare is paid for.

Too bad the Republicans don't understand that concept.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#765574 Oct 9, 2012
Homer would vote for Ron Paul, I love that crazy little nut.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#765576 Oct 9, 2012
Exchanging a few white faces in city halls, legislatures and the White House for black and brown ones isn't really such a big deal.

What passes for black political power nowadays isn't such a big deal to me because poverty rates are as high now as when a bygone Democratic president declared a war on poverty --- a project that failed because he spent all the money in a colonial war that killed millions in Vietnam, and climbing still higher. Prolonging the careers of black Democrats like Atlanta's Kasim Reed, Newark's Corey Booker, Philly's Mike Nutter or even of congressmen John Lewis and Jim Clyburn as they front for gentrifiers, charter schools, and power companies that build new nukes in the middle of poor black towns being poisoned by old ones is just not anything I want to do with my voice.

I can see why all the big preachers want black folks to vote Democratic. Most of them are part of, or aspiring parts of the black political class, the black misleadership class themselves. Many depend on so-called “faith based” funding to keep their ministries alive. The black church has been captured, and is a kind of “state religion” of the black political class, divorced from the lives of the class of black people who provide over 40% of the nation's prisoners.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#765577 Oct 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Arnold" had some good ideas when he was elected, unfortunately the democrats in the state didn't even want to consider any of them. Then he folded and went with the "If you can't beat the, join them" strategy.
Bah, blame the Democrats. He knew going in he'd have to deal with Democrats, he wanted the job.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#765578 Oct 9, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
anyone voting for the republicans is a racist . A KKK member
Your impartiality is refreshing, no more subtlety to caste any doubt. Maybe Biden will be as honest and 'drive that last nail', so to speak. Keep up your yeoman's work.

Newville, PA

#765579 Oct 9, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the military budget is far less than $2 trillion.....
next Dumbass Dave lie???...
My God, Romney said he wants to INCREASE spending on the military by 2 trillion.

INCREASE - look up the word since you don't know what it means.

Ocala, FL

#765580 Oct 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone. I'll repeat anyone that voted for Bush in 2004 has no ground to say anything about people voting for Obama this year regardless.
Yep, you really gave a flying fk about your country then.
Bush isn't running. Here's a shock for ya! Whole NEW election today. Please try and keep up by noticing what damage OBAMA has done to the country. Maybe you can choose dem again when it won't be "more of the same" as a campaign strategy.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#765581 Oct 9, 2012
Younger people sometimes ask me what to do. After telling them not to respect their elders all that much --- we didn't respect them that much 45 years ago either --- the main thing I tell them is that movement leaders and participants back in the day had visions and horizons longer than the next election cycle or the one after that. They were prepared to fight whether they had allies in city hall, the legislature or the courts or not. Unlike today's NAACP and NAN, they developed agendas without the guidance of corporate funders and their recommended professionals.

We've proved we can elect as many Democrats as we want, all the way up the food chain without changing much here at the bottom. I know this well. I gave more than 20 years of my own life to electing better Democrats, helping Democrats run better campaigns, and registering more Democrat voters. I met Barack Obama 20 years ago on one of those gigs in Project VOTE Illinois, where he was state director and I was one of three field organizers who signed up 130,000 new voters and flogged them out to the polls that year. We elected Harold Washington, and a lot of state legislators and a few Congressional reps. The Democratic party will still let you work for it, but once in office, big money calls the shots. It's time to leave that house and build a new one.

It's an uncomfortable truth: the present US political system is largely people-proof and democracy-proof. The time and treasure we've sunk into supporting Democrats the last seventy years is gone. It's a horse we raised and watered and fed that somebody else has ridden off and it won't be back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 307,963
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 71,541
Police: Allentown men threatened to 'chop' woma... 5 hr silly rabbit 1
Drunk man charges at Allentown cops, punches of... 13 hr silly rabbit 1
Allentown Skyline Grows With 15-Story Office Co... 17 hr silly rabbit 7
Allentown homeless shelters say they're ready t... 20 hr silly rabbit 1
Nevada brothel looking for gigolos, hoping to w... (Jun '09) Mon Peter Goesinya 7

Allentown News Video

Allentown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:33 am PST