Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431412 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#744085 Sep 17, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
Has media asked Obama admin why Valerie Jarrett has full Secret Service detail but our diplomats - whose lives are threatened - don't?
They don't get to ask questions. He just gets to keep talking.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#744086 Sep 17, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>All this talk of a bad economy under President Obama is a myth. President Obama created nearly 100,000 new jobs in August. The Dow Jones Average when Obama was inaugurated was 8,281. Today, it is over 13,500. That is an increase of 37% in less than four years. Thousands of successful small businesses have been created under President Obama and the failing auto industry has been saved. How can anybody argue that the economy is getting worse?
The talk is very real and the numbers support it.

-two credit downgrades
-fewest eligible adults working since women entered the labor force in large numbers -assume like the 1950s
-devaluation of the dollar
-$4 gas as result of devalued dollar causing cost per barrel to increase
-16 trillion in deficits
-slowest recovery in 70 years
carol

Orlando, FL

#744087 Sep 17, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
It is more than just unemployment. Decreasing salaries, no hope in site for an improving economy, upward spiraling deficits, pandering and encouraging dependency on government, health care,$4 a gallon gas and going up, more devaluation of the dollar which will keep gas and utilities high, two credit downgrades and many more.
We are standing on a fiscal cliff. Do we go Forward with Obama and fall off or do we do an abrupt U-turn? I hope those who are not victims and feel they are entitled to government hand outs see the reality.
It is all those things and a lack of leadership to boot.

I say we make that abrupt U-turn...on two wheels if we have to.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#744088 Sep 17, 2012
David Corn at Mother Jones has scored the scoop of the year, publishing a secretly recorded video of Mitt Romney telling Republican fat cats that 47% of Americans feel "entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it" and thus will vote for Barack Obama "no matter what." Memo to Romney: you can't insult half the country if you want to be elected president. Watch it at http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/s... . So, let's tally up Romney's record for insulting others, he insulted our closest ally Breat Britain at their London Olympics, he insulted the Israelis on his brief foreign policy tour(after he left that country), and now Romney the big fat zero is batting zero by insulting half of the U.S.A--3 Strikes ! that makes you Out! HaHa!
carol

Orlando, FL

#744089 Sep 17, 2012
Well, the Sandman finally got here. Night.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#744090 Sep 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Middle East is a volcano about to explode. The violence and protests are spreading into almost every Muslim nation.
They don't like us because perhaps we made a few mistakes in the past trying to keep the peace.
Guess we should be running in the streets protesting Germany and Japan.
The world might have two choices now - al Qaeda keeping the peace or America.
Maybe al Qaeda hasn't made any mistakes in the past.
And President Obama is doing a superb job keeping the violence OVER THERE!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#744091 Sep 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's a good reason not to vote for someone with proven leadership skills. Keep voting for the one who had none. That's the ticket.
Rmoney has exactly 0 leadership skills in leading a country.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#744092 Sep 17, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't he also say "No taxation without representation!"?
Funny.

2Thessalonians 3:10
"For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat." -Paul
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#744093 Sep 17, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
The talk is very real and the numbers support it.
-two credit downgrades
-fewest eligible adults working since women entered the labor force in large numbers -assume like the 1950s
-devaluation of the dollar
-$4 gas as result of devalued dollar causing cost per barrel to increase
-16 trillion in deficits
-slowest recovery in 70 years
Everybody has the right to their own opinions, even if they're wrong.
By the way,$4 gas is a bargain. Go buy gas in England or Sweden....or Turkey where it's $10 a gal. Considering inflation, gas is the same price it was in the late '70s. Tensions in the Middle East, the recent hurricanes, and decreases in production have caused the recent slight rise. President Obama has done a superb job keeping gas prices low.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#744094 Sep 17, 2012
frontporchreactionary wrote:
David Corn at Mother Jones has scored the scoop of the year, publishing a secretly recorded video of Mitt Romney telling Republican fat cats that 47% of Americans feel "entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it" and thus will vote for Barack Obama "no matter what." Memo to Romney: you can't insult half the country if you want to be elected president. Watch it at http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/s... . So, let's tally up Romney's record for insulting others, he insulted our closest ally Breat Britain at their London Olympics, he insulted the Israelis on his brief foreign policy tour(after he left that country), and now Romney the big fat zero is batting zero by insulting half of the U.S.A--3 Strikes ! that makes you Out! HaHa!
"The military isn't important"
"I like to fire people"
"I'm not concerned about the poor"
"Let Detroit go bankrupt"
"Middle income is $200,000 to $250,000"
"Hey Ann, you got that dog tied up there good yet?"
.....and last but not least!....
"47% of Americans are freeloaders"
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#744095 Sep 17, 2012
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#744096 Sep 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's a good reason not to vote for someone with proven leadership skills. Keep voting for the one who had none. That's the ticket.
Here's just one of many reasons why Rmoney doesn't have a chance of winning.
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5458/6950283350...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#744097 Sep 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that was the colonists.
carol.....:>.......I was joking:>

I know that some folks get offended with Jesus jokes. But that's OK:}

Didn't St. Paul Revere say "One if by land. Two if by sea"?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#744098 Sep 17, 2012
He also said he'd have a better chance of winning this election if his parents were Mexican.

Lapeer, MI

#744100 Sep 17, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Searched Real Times claims. Hmmm, not finding support for his claim. The President of that organization is elected and not appointed.
A search for his name shows that not much has been written about him since 2010 when he was a member of Faith Base committee who turned in recommendations two years ago without any response.
I've read that Joel Hunter is a King Obama supporter and that includes abortion - s-h-h-h....but only in private. One helluva Man-Of-The-Cloth, I'd say. Wouldn't you?

Lapeer, MI

#744101 Sep 17, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Who did the hiring?
The Tooth Fairy.

Lapeer, MI

#744102 Sep 17, 2012
Motha' Jones sells 'feel good' gossip Liberalism. How can you shove this stuff here?

Romney spoke the truth and if you find it insulting then go slap yourself silly.

Lapeer, MI

#744103 Sep 17, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
And President Obama is doing a superb job keeping the violence OVER THERE!
Did you read the murder stats from Chicago and Deetrot lately?

A million Trayvon Martins have been let loose from Hell. King Obama can't stop it because he's beholden to the Taker Class.

Lapeer, MI

#744104 Sep 17, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rmoney has exactly 0 leadership skills in leading a country.
Well, Mr. Zero, Romney is looking forward to leading you.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#744105 Sep 17, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>All this talk of a bad economy under President Obama is a myth. President Obama created nearly 100,000 new jobs in August. The Dow Jones Average when Obama was inaugurated was 8,281. Today, it is over 13,500. That is an increase of 37% in less than four years. Thousands of successful small businesses have been created under President Obama and the failing auto industry has been saved. How can anybody argue that the economy is getting worse?
Sounds like you ignore the "still happening" foreclousures and the 0.05% interest you get at the bank. Haven't you noticed the price of everything has gone up or food comes in smaller packages today?

Do you know that the deficit has risen 50% in 4 years. Don't tell me you haven't noticed States unable to balance their budgets or the increasing number of caught corrupted Politicians across the Nation.

And yet because the stock market's New Bubble has recovered 37% is the reason there's no argument of things any worse off?

I'm thinkin it takes a few whacks with a 2X4 before you get it.

I'm thinkin...by your thinkin, that you either work as a Gov't employee with a PEW Union or your on welfare or other gov't freebie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Firefighters Contain East Allentown Blaze (May '08) 5 hr silly rabbit 2
News Signage would be a show of respect for Allentow... 6 hr silly rabbit 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr NYStateOfMind 311,863
News Dantos, McCarthy, Varricchio in Lehigh -- themo... (Oct '07) 16 hr silly rabbit 11
News Allentown Cigar Factory Artists' Studios holds ... 16 hr silly rabbit 3
Who voted Pawloski and why? (Dec '07) Fri silly rabbit 2
News Judicial candidates raised $357,000 for campaigns (Dec '07) Thu silly rabbit 2

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages