Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264667 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

brown eyes

Vinton, VA

#743907 Sep 17, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Super post, Romney showed what an arrogant man he is in that hidden video. He makes my skin crawl.
Thanks I like your posts also. Jimmy Carters grandson leaked the video according to New York's Daily Intel. Romney is on the ropes. The stiff, robotic, Funeral home director looking hypocrite.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#743908 Sep 17, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
This is phenomenal!! He's cooked now for sure. Where are the tax returns??
As you point out, there is now no need to see them.

Kinda like wanting to know what some guy, who they seemingly never vetted beforehand, and who's already sitting in the WH, did in college.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#743910 Sep 17, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
You gun nuts make me sick. Do you ever talk about anything but ammo and guns? Are you raising your children to be mindless gun nuts too? That's child abuse! The local authorities should take them away from you an put them in a safe environment. I'll be so happy after President Obama gets re-elected so he can start the process of his national gun ban so you backwoods goobers will finally shut up. There IS NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to own a deadly firearm, PERIOD! America is sick of all these guns!
1,300,000 deer hunters in PA disagree.....

better chance of repealing the 13th amendment than repealing the 2nd amendment.....
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#743911 Sep 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And if the duhmcrats are gonna tax-
FED Sales TAX 'em all(basic food and meds exempt)-from ladder rung a to ladder rung z-NO exclusions/exemptions...not govt, edu, org, church OR Neveda!
The T(axed) E(nough) A(lready drained) dry WORKING CLASS Part(ies)
NO NEW PAYROLL taxes!
Welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL (we KNOW better) realities!!
Unless your pay check is more than $250,000.00 per year Obama has NEVER wanted to do anything but lower that tax. It's the Repubs in Congress that almost shut down America over not having Millionaires and Billionaires taxes go back to the 1996 rate. 400 of the richest people in the US have more wealth than the first 150 million Americans. Why should most of them pay 15% in taxes like Mitt? You can look at the Fortune400 list and see that they are mostly bankers and Wall St.
Civil War

Lillington, NC

#743912 Sep 17, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
You gun nuts make me sick. Do you ever talk about anything but ammo and guns? Are you raising your children to be mindless gun nuts too? That's child abuse! The local authorities should take them away from you an put them in a safe environment. I'll be so happy after President Obama gets re-elected so he can start the process of his national gun ban so you backwoods goobers will finally shut up. There IS NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to own a deadly firearm, PERIOD! America is sick of all these guns!
I Guess you are ready for another Civil War??? The Price in Blood!
Casualties in the Civil War

At least 618,000 Americans died in the Civil War, and some experts say the toll reached 700,000. The number that is most often quoted is 620,000. At any rate, these casualties exceed the nation's loss in all its other wars, from the Revolution through Vietnam.
The Union armies had from 2,500,000 to 2,750,000 men. Their losses, by the best estimates:
Battle deaths: 110,070
Disease, etc.: 250,152
Total 360,222

The Confederate strength, known less accurately because of missing records, was from 750,000 to 1,250,000. Its estimated losses:
Battle deaths: 94,000
Disease, etc.: 164,000
Total 258,000

The leading authority on casualties of the war, Thomas L. Livermore, admitting the handicap of poor records in some cases, studied 48 of the war's battles and concluded:
Of every 1,000 Federals in battle, 112 were wounded.
Of every 1,000 Confederates, 150 were hit.
Mortality was greater among Confederate wounded, because of inferior medical service. The great battles, in terms of their toll in dead, wounded, and missing is listed on this site: http://www.civilwarhome.com/casualties.htm
Lily Boca Raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#743916 Sep 17, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks I like your posts also. Jimmy Carters grandson leaked the video according to New York's Daily Intel. Romney is on the ropes. The stiff, robotic, Funeral home director looking hypocrite.
Romney is totally fckd

By his own words!! Keep talking Mitt! 4 more years
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#743917 Sep 17, 2012
person wrote:
I pick Obama at least he realize s that the middle class does exsist and we don't make 200,000 a year like romney thinks he is so out of touch
are public school teachers, police, and firemen middle class???...

are engineers, accountants, and similar professionals middle class???...

how much do you think a husband-wife employed in these fields in a major city earn????....

just because you have lost in life, why should we support you???...
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#743918 Sep 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
....just as Romney was trying to dig his way out of one negative news cycle, he bumbled into another that is potentially far worse. In a video from a private fundraiser posted by Mother Jones, the candidate appeared to insult half the country as freeloaders. There are 47 percent of Americans who will automatically vote for Obama, he said,“who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them … These are people who pay no income tax.”
To tell donors that these voters are Democrats because they want to gobble up entitlement dollars while paying no tax reinforces every stereotype about an unsympathetic investment banker—and that audio is already playing in a continuous loop on cable news.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09...
the 47% who pay no federal income tax are moochers...."freeloaders " is too gentle a term, implying those who just ask instead of demanding....
JEB

United States

#743919 Sep 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't they have any backround checks in CT? How is it possible Fredtard can own a gun? Please don't shoot yourself Fred.
Lets not go there!
JEB

United States

#743920 Sep 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the 47% who pay no federal income tax are moochers...."freeloaders " is too gentle a term, implying those who just ask instead of demanding....
Or they are poor, resulting from the Bush Depression of September 2008.
Lily Boca Raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#743921 Sep 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
are public school teachers, police, and firemen middle class???...
are engineers, accountants, and similar professionals middle class???...
how much do you think a husband-wife employed in these fields in a major city earn????....
just because you have lost in life, why should we support you???...
Two teachers firefighters , police officers combined do not make $250,000.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#743922 Sep 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
....just as Romney was trying to dig his way out of one negative news cycle, he bumbled into another that is potentially far worse. In a video from a private fundraiser posted by Mother Jones, the candidate appeared to insult half the country as freeloaders. There are 47 percent of Americans who will automatically vote for Obama, he said,“who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them … These are people who pay no income tax.”
To tell donors that these voters are Democrats because they want to gobble up entitlement dollars while paying no tax reinforces every stereotype about an unsympathetic investment banker—and that audio is already playing in a continuous loop on cable news.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09...
BIG PROBLEM for Dems is to convince non-Dem voters like the undecided that it is about them. Americans aren't really that thrilled with the ballooning Welfare and Food Stamp bills. Unemployment is outrageous and people want to get back to work so reference to those who feel entitled and victims is very much a Dem mentality.
brown eyes

Vinton, VA

#743923 Sep 17, 2012
lip service wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama looks like a monkey, sorry, it's true, so is this:
Updated: 08/22/2012 09:41:44 AM MDT
The Associated Press
(FILES)This combination of file images shows Republican White House hopeful Mitt Romney (L) and US President Barack Obama.(AFP | FILES)
DENVER—Two University of Colorado professors have devised a model to predict who will win the presidential election under current economic circumstances. The victor, they say, will be Republican Mitt Romney.
The model uses economic indicators from all 50 states to predict the race's outcome. The forecast calls for Romney to win 320 electoral votes out of 538. It says Romney will also win virtually every state currently considered a swing state, including Colorado.
The professors who created the model, Ken Bickers from CU-Boulder and Michael Berry from CU-Denver, say it correctly forecast every winner of the electoral since 1980.
They warn the model does not account for sudden changes in the economy or unexpected developments in states split 50-50. Polls in many states, including Colorado, show a virtually deadlocked race.
Read more: CU forecasters predict a Romney presidency - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/romney/ci_21373080/...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
I read that poll when it came out. Old and outdated. NBC news told the truth Obama is leading, especially in the swing states of Virginia, Florida, and Ohio.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#743924 Sep 17, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is totally fckd
By his own words!! Keep talking Mitt! 4 more years
How? Look at the polls that aren't stacked to D+13. About 47% support Obama. Not all are non-taxpayers but they are supporting the policies which has created this. The Dems believe in being victims and are due entitlements.

So what is new?
JEB

United States

#743925 Sep 17, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Two teachers firefighters , police officers combined do not make $250,000.
It is the public school teachers who created the stock market crash under George W Bush, Republican in 2008.

Obama was done a good job with the economy handed him by the republican party of Depressions
Lily Boca Raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#743926 Sep 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
As you point out, there is now no need to see them.
Kinda like wanting to know what some guy, who they seemingly never vetted beforehand, and who's already sitting in the WH, did in college.
Romney asked for 10 years of taxes of his prospective vp picks! His not revealing them is revealing in and of itself. However, I do think the pressure should remain on him to do so.
The Swiss accounts, Cayman Islands accounts, blind trusts in his wife's name, are all damning evidence that Mitt Romney, who so arrogantly spoke about the so called 47% who he claims do not pay taxes, himself feels "entitled" to not be subjected to taxation.
Additionally, I think the profits from Stericycle will be extremely revealing!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#743927 Sep 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the 47% who pay no federal income tax are moochers...."freeloaders " is too gentle a term, implying those who just ask instead of demanding....
Your trollishness has become exceedingly stale.

If only you'd have never started down the birther path.....

Pretty sure I was there for it's conception.

Stale. Very stale.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#743928 Sep 17, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I read that poll when it came out. Old and outdated. NBC news told the truth Obama is leading, especially in the swing states of Virginia, Florida, and Ohio.
Love the variations of the polls. Started out at D+4 or +5. Them pushed up to D=8 or +9. Now is at +13 in latest CBS polls. NBC refuses to release internals-shame on them- but just looking at the numbers available gives hints that even independents are under sampled. At this rate by November the D padding will be up to +20.

So, cling to your polls. Magical unicorns may be real.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#743929 Sep 17, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG PROBLEM for Dems is to convince non-Dem voters like the undecided that it is about them. Americans aren't really that thrilled with the ballooning Welfare and Food Stamp bills. Unemployment is outrageous and people want to get back to work so reference to those who feel entitled and victims is very much a Dem mentality.
I'm sure that everyone who has now heard the audio of the gaffe 50 times on MSNBC will agree with everything you say.

lol

Spending any time watching MSNBC?

LOL
Lily Boca Raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#743930 Sep 17, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the variations of the polls. Started out at D+4 or +5. Them pushed up to D=8 or +9. Now is at +13 in latest CBS polls. NBC refuses to release internals-shame on them- but just looking at the numbers available gives hints that even independents are under sampled. At this rate by November the D padding will be up to +20.
So, cling to your polls. Magical unicorns may be real.
Magic underpants will not get Romney elected. He is done now!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr spocko 310,372
Construction to start on 33-story Allentown Lan... 6 hr silly rabbit 5
News Feds grant Allentown more time to submit documents Sun silly rabbit 1
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) Aug 1 Sergant of order 161
News Murderer to spend rest of life in jail Jul 31 free Heath 1
News Animal agents searching Upper Milford kennel on... (Oct '08) Jul 30 Zeusmom 206
allentown observer Jul 27 Richard Kranium 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages