Bethlehem Township lightning: Autopsy...

Bethlehem Township lightning: Autopsy on man hit by lightning i...

There are 45 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 6, 2009, titled Bethlehem Township lightning: Autopsy on man hit by lightning i.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

An autopsy completed this morning on a 53-year-old Bethlehem Township man confirmed that he was killed by a lightning strike during an isolated and quick-moving storm, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Charles Xavier

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Aug 6, 2009
this article makes it unclear whether it was storming or not while this poor man was doing lawn work.. If the storm had passed (as the article suggests) then where did the lightening come from?
QualityMCall

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Aug 6, 2009
"Most lightning deaths happen on Wednesdays, according to the statistics."

Thanks for the totally random information without explanation. Quality work!
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#4 Aug 6, 2009
Charles Xavier wrote:
this article makes it unclear whether it was storming or not while this poor man was doing lawn work.. If the storm had passed (as the article suggests) then where did the lightening come from?
The earlier article said that the storm had just passed; I guess what that would mean could be open to interpretation - was the storm completely out of the area, with no clouds in sight, or had it just stopped raining? As the article said, the lightning cell can be 5 miles away so even if the storm clouds weren't directly overhead, there was still danger from lightning.
Trik

Whitehall, PA

#5 Aug 6, 2009
right, so don't garden on a wednesday if there is a threat of rain?
G7WelcomingCommi ttee

King Of Prussia, PA

#6 Aug 6, 2009
shocking!
Suze

Lemoyne, PA

#7 Aug 6, 2009
I didn't see or hear any storm yesterday and I live a few minutes from there... I knew it was cloudy out.. but nothing happened, no rain, no loud boom, nothing.
Suze

Lemoyne, PA

#8 Aug 6, 2009
Trik wrote:
right, so don't garden on a wednesday if there is a threat of rain?
Hey Trik, long time no see!

People should take my stance on this issue... never garden! If I could pave over all of my grass, I think I would.
wow

Allentown, PA

#9 Aug 6, 2009
So on Wednesdays everyone should stay locked inside?
Charles Xavier

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Aug 6, 2009
Pachacutec wrote:
<quoted text> The earlier article said that the storm had just passed; I guess what that would mean could be open to interpretation - was the storm completely out of the area, with no clouds in sight, or had it just stopped raining? As the article said, the lightning cell can be 5 miles away so even if the storm clouds weren't directly overhead, there was still danger from lightning.
Guess to be safe, dont do yard work when there is a storm nearby.
RonMania

Washington, DC

#11 Aug 6, 2009
wow wrote:
So on Wednesdays everyone should stay locked inside?
Next pandemic the gov will grab onto. Wed is a cra*p*p*y day anyways
Trik

Whitehall, PA

#13 Aug 6, 2009
Suze wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Trik, long time no see!
People should take my stance on this issue... never garden! If I could pave over all of my grass, I think I would.
Hey there! How've ya been?

I like working in my garden with my roses, hydrangea and veggies.... but I HATE cutting the grass. Wow... I'm starting to sound like a senior citizen! Time to put a rocker on my porch!
Go Away

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Aug 6, 2009
Suze wrote:
I didn't see or hear any storm yesterday and I live a few minutes from there... I knew it was cloudy out.. but nothing happened, no rain, no loud boom, nothing.
What is your point...except the obvious one that you are ignorant !!!
Knowitall

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Aug 6, 2009
Go Away wrote:
<quoted text>What is your point...except the obvious one that you are ignorant !!!
Wow you are a d!ck..........
gdd

Wilkes Barre, PA

#16 Aug 6, 2009
Hurry Hurry were are the Democrats. they better ban lightning!
GetOverIt

Bethlehem, PA

#17 Aug 6, 2009
gdd wrote:
Hurry Hurry were are the Democrats. they better ban lightning!
Really? You are going to bring up politics when everyone else is talking about lightning and safety? LET IT GO DUDE, THE REPUBLICANS LOST THE ELECTION! This isn't about you or your politics, it's about EVERYONE (regardless of their political party).
matt

Allentown, PA

#18 Aug 6, 2009
so sorry for this families loss.
Suze

Lemoyne, PA

#19 Aug 6, 2009
Go Away wrote:
<quoted text>What is your point...except the obvious one that you are ignorant !!!
Sounds like someone didn't get hugged enough as a child...

My point was that I didn't see or hear a storm and I live close by.. where was this storm???

And how does that make me ignorant? I didn't see a storm, so yes, I must be uneducated and ill-informed.. I see...
JstWondering

Bethlehem, PA

#20 Aug 6, 2009
I didn't know the person who unfortunately lost his life by being struck by lightning.

but;

I'm also "cautious" when the weather is bad, dark and gloomy, never to go outside, especially to cut grass.

Was this guy just plain stup**id?

or;

Did he think he was Superman.

JstWondering??

Folks...

Don't play with Mother Nature..
wow

Hellertown, PA

#21 Aug 6, 2009
Tony you were a GREAT guy :( to bad you had to work at that shyte hole bosch/rexroth.
Yippie

Washington, DC

#22 Aug 6, 2009
Suze wrote:
I didn't see or hear any storm yesterday and I live a few minutes from there... I knew it was cloudy out.. but nothing happened, no rain, no loud boom, nothing.
Oh there was a boom, it is SHOCKING that you didn't hear it. And it STRIKES me as odd that he was gardening in a storm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Grey Ghost 1,580,126
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 40 min Susanm 316,308
News WFMZ needs updated commentary (Apr '09) 15 hr weaponX 30
News Many Allentown homicides unsolved (Jun '09) Wed weaponX 95
News Police: Man arrested for graffiti support of Al... Tue weaponX 1
News Penns dad sentenced after allowing daughter to ... Aug 15 weaponX 13
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Aug 14 weaponX 150

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages