Chrysler closing 53 Pa. dealerships

Chrysler closing 53 Pa. dealerships

There are 51 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 14, 2009, titled Chrysler closing 53 Pa. dealerships. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Chrysler says it plans to close 53 dealerships in Pennsylvania as part of a plan to eliminate nearly a fourth of its 3,200 U.S. dealerships filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Bethlehem, PA

#1 May 14, 2009
Ummm, ok. SO WHICH ONES?!?!?!?
Ollie North

South Portland, ME

#2 May 14, 2009
The picture is of a San Francisco dealership. Then the article only says "The dealership is a local advertising fixture on Pittsburgh television..." So, which dealership(s) are they talking about?!?
Edward H

Bethlehem, PA

#3 May 14, 2009
It's as if a child wrote this article.
Chris Casey

Souderton, PA

#4 May 14, 2009
Is there a list of local Lehigh Valley ones that are being shuttered?
concerned

Allentown, PA

#5 May 14, 2009
who wrote this piece of unfinished news You mean they really have a job
Very poor presentation
Chrysler

Prospect Park, PA

#6 May 14, 2009
Rothrock on 15th Stt

Shoemaker's on Walbert

Scott Lehigh St

and I'm sure I'm missing 1 or 2
Retired

Chesterfield, MO

#7 May 14, 2009
My granddaughter could write a better story thant this and she's 8.
Q-town golfer

Quakertown, PA

#8 May 14, 2009
You can see the entire list: http://wfmzimg.dayport.com/img/5-14-09-Chrysl... . Got it from channel 69's website.
Angry Jeep owner

Philadelphia, PA

#9 May 14, 2009
I hope Straub in Bethlehem makes the list. They have the saddest example of a service shop manager I have ever seen. Bought a vehicle and immediately noticed problems. Took it back only to be told 3 times there was nothing wrong with it and the excuses they provided were more and more comical each time. Karma perhaps!

Since: Feb 07

Weatherly, PA

#10 May 14, 2009
Chrysler wrote:
Rothrock on 15th Stt
Shoemaker's on Walbert
Scott Lehigh St
and I'm sure I'm missing 1 or 2
They're not closing the largest chrysler dealership in the region, nice try though.
Boinge

Allentown, PA

#12 May 14, 2009
matt_psu wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not closing the largest chrysler dealership in the region, nice try though.
Check the list, homeslice. Rothrock, Scott and Shoemaker are all on it.

Nice of TMC not to give us the list, while WFMZ provides it.
S in LV

United States

#13 May 14, 2009
matt_psu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm----yes THEY are........
ROTHROCK MOTOR SALES INC DBA ROTHROCK CHRYSLER 67274 C
1648 PLAZA LANE
ALLENTOWN, PA 18104
preacha

Stroudsburg, PA

#14 May 14, 2009
Straub sold the Bethlehem franchise awhile ago.

Weatherly, PA

#15 May 14, 2009
I stand corrected, Rothrock gets to keep Dodge but not the others if I am reading that right.
And I thought Straub already lost theirs? The signs were gone when I drove by.
News watcher

Pasadena, MD

#16 May 14, 2009
What happens to the cars left in the dealership inventory? If the dealers are stuck with them, it's not like people are going to be breaking down doors to buy from a place that is closing. Where will people go for service? How long will it be before the dealers have to close their doors? This will impact many employees who will need to look for other jobs in a weak economy. Hopefully, they will have time to search. Ultimately, the bottom line is that people are going to be very fearful about buying any Chrysler product for a long time because of the unknown if more dealerships close or the company eventually goes under.
why

Bethlehem, PA

#17 May 14, 2009
Also Young's at 33 & Hecktown
"DUDE YOU NEED A CAR"

Weatherly, PA

#18 May 14, 2009
OK my bad. Keystone is also on there.
preacha

Stroudsburg, PA

#19 May 14, 2009
The first manufacturer that signs a deal to sell at all Walmart locations, will win. Closing small local dealerships won't help. It's hard enough selling the product and they're making it harder by having to go further to buy and service.

Weatherly, PA

#20 May 14, 2009
News watcher wrote:
What happens to the cars left in the dealership inventory? If the dealers are stuck with them, it's not like people are going to be breaking down doors to buy from a place that is closing. Where will people go for service? How long will it be before the dealers have to close their doors? This will impact many employees who will need to look for other jobs in a weak economy. Hopefully, they will have time to search. Ultimately, the bottom line is that people are going to be very fearful about buying any Chrysler product for a long time because of the unknown if more dealerships close or the company eventually goes under.
What happened with GM is the factory bought back the cars and sent them to other dealerships.
cupde1

Bethlehem, PA

#21 May 14, 2009
Keystone, Shoemaker's, Rothrock, and Young on the chopping block. Looks like Brown Daub will be th eonly big dealer in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Reality Check 1,683,975
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min cpeter1313 326,538
News Try a tropical taste of summer in Lehigh Valley... 3 hr Foot 5
Banana Joes Grand Opening!!! 7 hr Wilson 22
Is 40 Below the best club in the Lehigh Valley?? (Apr '08) 7 hr Wilson 124
Woman takes shoes off and causes stir at 40 Below 7 hr Zach Attack 26
Is it normal? 7 hr Zach Attack 25

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance