Pottsville husband dead, wife critica...

Pottsville husband dead, wife critical after shooting

There are 129 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 9, 2009, titled Pottsville husband dead, wife critical after shooting. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Schuylkill County man died and his wife was critically wounded in a shooting inside their Pottsville home Sunday morning during what police described as a domestic dispute.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Winston

North Andover, MA

#1 Feb 9, 2009
No one was home at the time of the shooting? The husband and wife were home.
Catty

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Feb 9, 2009
Unfortunate incident, I hope there were no children in the house when it all went down.
WHAT THE

Allentown, PA

#3 Feb 9, 2009
i read through another site that she died when she got to the hospital?
WHAT THE

Allentown, PA

#8 Feb 9, 2009
http://wfmz.com/view/...

i knew i saw it somewhere...just proves you cant believe morning call!
WHAT THE

Allentown, PA

#9 Feb 9, 2009
ok that didnt work, but it is on www.wfmz.com ...sorry
WHAT THE

Allentown, PA

#10 Feb 9, 2009
now you cant type W F M Z in the comments?? unbelievable!
elvs71

Allentown, PA

#11 Feb 9, 2009
She did die, on the operating room table. She was very special to many, a great nurse and was taken from her two sons. Huge tragedy and loss. She did not deserve this, no one does. We will miss you Amy!

Since: Jan 09

Tamaqua, PA

#12 Feb 9, 2009
The wife died 6 hours after the police took her to the hospital. Their name's were Jeffrey and Amy Williams. Boy it's really hard to get the facts. McCall why don't you have your reporters take a course in investigative journalism?
Jethro

Kernersville, NC

#13 Feb 9, 2009
We are not hicks in Pottsville...we are hillbillies !
Palmetto Jack

Chesterfield, SC

#14 Feb 9, 2009
Scarletts Plantation wrote:
Alot of fight'in in pottsville cause those hicks only have money for beer and cigarettes... oh, drugs too..
Howard Avenue is a filled with large homes and is affluent so there are no hicks on that steet...so get your facts straight before mouthing off !
Anon

Readington, NJ

#15 Feb 9, 2009
quote from article: "No one else, including the couple's children, was in the home at the time of the shooting, police said."

The MC did not say no one was home they said no one ELSE was home.

This is so sad I hope their is some family close by to take care of their children
kelli

Kingston, PA

#16 Feb 9, 2009
Alot of fight'in in pottsville cause those hicks only have money for beer and cigarettes... oh, drugs too..
You do not know these people, I did, No one up here can believe what happened, please be more respectful, and not all of us up here are hicks, you should be ashamed of yourself
kelli

Kingston, PA

#17 Feb 9, 2009
what color are they?
what is wrong with you????
kelli

Kingston, PA

#18 Feb 9, 2009
Catty wrote:
Unfortunate incident, I hope there were no children in the house when it all went down.
The article clearly states the children were not home
check it out

Emmaus, PA

#19 Feb 9, 2009
Palmetto Jack wrote:
<quoted text> Howard Avenue is a filled with large homes and is affluent so there are no hicks on that steet...so get your facts straight before mouthing off !
Hey Jack, Did you ever watch "The Beverly Hillbillies"?...
Amused Crack-er

Bethlehem, PA

#20 Feb 9, 2009
WHAT THE wrote:
now you cant type W F M Z in the comments?? unbelievable!
I believe it. MCall probably notified Topix so that way no one can point people to read superior journalism. Tribune will try ANYTHING to keep people and avoid bankruptcy.

Woops! Too late...
elvs71

Allentown, PA

#21 Feb 9, 2009
What color???? Are you serious. A couple is dead and there are two boys who now do not have a mother or father. I knew Amy, who was a very caring person. For god's sake she was a RN who loved taking care of people. This was a horrible tragedy and for those of you who make stupid comments, maybe you should have some compassion for the friends and family.

Since: Oct 07

Schnecksville PA

#22 Feb 9, 2009
Amused Crack-er wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it. MCall probably notified Topix so that way no one can point people to read superior journalism. Tribune will try ANYTHING to keep people and avoid bankruptcy.
Woops! Too late...
I can't understand why Topix would ban it because WFMZ also uses Topix for there website
emjoy

Northumberland, PA

#25 Feb 9, 2009
It sounds like the Morning Call is trying very hard not to say "murder-suicide."
roseiris

United States

#27 Feb 9, 2009
what color are they?
your two post are pethetic..this is a tragedy especially if there are children that have survived that were not home.. get a clue

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,406,028
News Allentown police working to improve community r... 33 min silly rabbit 23
News Pa. Arson Suspects: Ghosts Ordered Barn Fire 48 min silly rabbit 14
News Firefighters battle blaze at Allentown church 18 hr silly rabbit 1
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Thu silly rabbit 107
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed ThomasA 311,496
News Allentown couple charged with stealing $1.4 M f... Wed silly rabbit 1

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance