Nassau releases new 'Wall of Shame' m...

Nassau releases new 'Wall of Shame' mug shots

There are 31 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Nassau releases new 'Wall of Shame' mug shots. In it, Newsday reports that:

Nassau County added to its "Wall of Shame" Monday, announcing 56 more drunken driving arrests.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
How About

Bayonne, NJ

#1 Sep 23, 2008
a wall of shame showing business people charged with crimes?
Frank

New York, NY

#2 Sep 23, 2008
I love looking at this every week.

I get the feeling that INS could make quite a few arrests here too.
Effigy of the Forgotten

New York, NY

#3 Sep 23, 2008
I wonder why there are no judges, firemen or cops ever arrested for DWI and placed on this wall of shame.
George J Dagis

Kingston, NY

#4 Sep 23, 2008
WHY are you posting (and possible destroying the reputations of) pictures people who have simply been ARRESTED ? In this country, one is SUPPOSED to be "innocent until proven guilty". I am positive that at least SOME of these people are innocent and yet they will be forced to live with this stigma for the rest of their lives. This does not include the trauma that their families must suffer ! Get real (Newsday)... be RESPONSIBLE and only denigrate those who have been PROVEN guilty of a crime !

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#5 Sep 23, 2008
George J Dagis wrote:
WHY are you posting (and possible destroying the reputations of) pictures people who have simply been ARRESTED ? In this country, one is SUPPOSED to be "innocent until proven guilty". I am positive that at least SOME of these people are innocent and yet they will be forced to live with this stigma for the rest of their lives. This does not include the trauma that their families must suffer ! Get real (Newsday)... be RESPONSIBLE and only denigrate those who have been PROVEN guilty of a crime !
LAST WEEK THERE WAS A SHAKE UP & APPOLOGIES FROM THE NASSAU POLICE DEPT, THE COUNTY EXEC., & THE D.A. OFFICE BECAUSE THEY POSTED A LADY'S MUG SHOT ON THE WALL OF SHAME MISTAKINGLY. CAN YOU SPELL BACKFIRE??? NASSAU IS GONNA PAY DEARLY FOR THAT MISTAKE. MEANWHILE, THE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY RULE IS OUT THE WINDOW, & NOW MR SUOZI, & D.A RICE HAVE MADE A MISTAKE, & ARE TRYING TO JUST SAY SORRY!!....WELL I'M SORRY TOO!!!! THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF POOR POLITICS, & THEY SHOULD PAY FOR THE MISTAKE OUT OF THEIR POCKETS, NOT THE TAXPAYERS!!!
Ryan

Somersworth, NH

#6 Sep 23, 2008
Remind me not to drive next to any spanish people at night...

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#7 Sep 23, 2008
the alchol problem in the spanish community is out of control.......or is it profiling????
enough already

Washington, DC

#9 Sep 23, 2008
I'm really tired of Newsday supporting the public humilation of individuals who have not yet been convicted of any crime.

The Jihad begin waged by the lifestyle police has gone too far.

If Newsday insists on displaying this garbage in thier newspaper, I'll have not alternative but to cancel my subscription.

Enough already.
Mary

AOL

#10 Sep 23, 2008
The people that advocate for the drunk drivers are too funny.
I assure you that none of them had an innocent loved one decapitated or mangled to death from a driver that was intox/impaired.
They will go from foes of the Wall to members of MADD in two seconds.
Thats the problem these days.... Nobody thinks of the future possibilites.
I hope it doesn't take a fatal auto accident for the people to come o there senses.
arnold

Stanhope, NJ

#12 Sep 23, 2008
how about the former Newsday publisher in jail for child p0rn? why don't they feature him?
Frank

New York, NY

#13 Sep 23, 2008
roger43 wrote:
the alchol problem in the spanish community is out of control.......or is it profiling????
I think they draw a tremendous amount of attention to themselves by always driving with their headlights off and never having a registration or inspection sticker on their windshields.
Frank

New York, NY

#14 Sep 23, 2008
Effigy of the Forgotten wrote:
I wonder why there are no judges, firemen or cops ever arrested for DWI and placed on this wall of shame.
I have to look again. Do they list the occupations?

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#15 Sep 23, 2008
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they draw a tremendous amount of attention to themselves by always driving with their headlights off and never having a registration or inspection sticker on their windshields.
good point but they sure do seem to drink and drive a lot
enough already

Washington, DC

#16 Sep 23, 2008
Mary wrote:
The people that advocate for the drunk drivers are too funny.
I assure you that none of them had an innocent loved one decapitated or mangled to death from a driver that was intox/impaired.
They will go from foes of the Wall to members of MADD in two seconds.
Thats the problem these days.... Nobody thinks of the future possibilites.
I hope it doesn't take a fatal auto accident for the people to come o there senses.
get over it and stop imposing your pain on everyone in the universe.

your loved one died, because it was their time to die. get over and start living your own life and stop worrying about everyone else.

your jihad against these people is negatively impacting everyone.

if your so concerned about drunk driving go to an AA meeting and voluteer to drive drunks home from the bar. If you're not willing to do that then just shut your mouth.

I'm sick to death of people like you trading away everyone's liberty for your comfort.

Manny

Bronx, NY

#17 Sep 23, 2008
At very least they should bring in a makeup and hair stylist to prep the perps before the photo shoot. Change the angle or something, the camera the cops use also makes everyone's forehead seem oversized, like hydrocephalus frankensteins.
NO DWI

White Plains, NY

#18 Sep 23, 2008
In my life, I've known a few killed by drunken drivers. Their lives were destroyed not those charged. Nassau County police keep up the good work.
George J Dagis wrote:
Wrong But

Bayonne, NJ

#20 Sep 23, 2008
Some of these people clearly look shitefaced. But it is wrong, wrong, wrong. And, just because Nassau County posts these mug shots on its web site doesn't mean that Newsday has to, as well.
Another Thought

Bayonne, NJ

#21 Sep 23, 2008
How about a Wall of Shame showing feckless, two-faced, politicians? We could probably make a good deal with China for the use of its Great Wall, since so many mugs will have to be posted, we'll need that much space.
enough already

Denver, CO

#22 Sep 23, 2008
enough already wrote:
<quoted text>
get over it and stop imposing your pain on everyone in the universe.
your loved one died, because it was their time to die. get over and start living your own life and stop worrying about everyone else.
your jihad against these people is negatively impacting everyone.
if your so concerned about drunk driving go to an AA meeting and voluteer to drive drunks home from the bar. If you're not willing to do that then just shut your mouth.
I'm sick to death of people like you trading away everyone's liberty for your comfort.
hey go pick another name pal.....what's the matter the 10 of them you use already are no good anymore?
BobNotRob

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Sep 23, 2008
How about a wall of shame for all those LIRR retirees who are on disability yet can muster up the ability to play golf for free while fleecing the American taxpayers?

Next stop, Penn[itentiary] Station.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,345,468
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu Kathwynn 310,631
News Allentown Parking Authority does more than enfo... (Jul '09) Tue Ben 21
Huge Turd Found in Stall of Nightclub Bathroom Tue Kenny 11
Is 40 Below the best club in the Lehigh Valley?? (Apr '08) Tue Kenny 96
News Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski: State of our city... Feb 2 Richard Kranium 2
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 1 rabbee yehoshooah... 72,023
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages