Allentown Farmers Market open Sunday

Full story: The Morning Call

Last minute Christmas shoppers will have a new option this year: the Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

kap

“Stop the insanity! ”

Since: Aug 07

Lehigh Valley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 21, 2007
 
I'm with the other poster. YOu can choose to support your local farms or not. That is you choice. You can chose to bargain for your dollar or not. However, to put down locals the way I've seen here is absolutely ridiculous.

At least Allentown has this much to hold their community together so why not support it? At least there is a place in Allentown that holds the traditions of years ago, something positive, something for some to look forward to.

Come on people you moan and groan about Allentown, but yet when something is postive for the city you still moan and groan. Give it a rest already. You all want to blame this and that on everyone else, when it's your own poor attitudes. It gets old.
Sounds Familiar

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 21, 2007
 
TheShark wrote:
I find it hillarious that people in Allentown Pa. have nothing better to do than to go to the farmers market - sounds like the highlight of there week. Why not stop by Mr. Druckers General Store and watch Eb and Fred Giffle play checkers - you pathetic boring worthless slobs!!!
I forgot to mention that if you think we're worthless, the Farmers Market property is worth several million along with all the acreage that the local farmers own is well into the mega-millions. Doesn't sound to worthless to me. Have a nice Christmas anyway and God bless.
Dog owner

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 21, 2007
 
The Allentown Fairgrounds is worth more than Catasaqua, Northampton and Coplay combined.

Since: Oct 07

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 21, 2007
 
TheShark wrote:
I find it hillarious that people in Allentown Pa. have nothing better to do than to go to the farmers market - sounds like the highlight of there week. Why not stop by Mr. Druckers General Store and watch Eb and Fred Giffle play checkers - you pathetic boring worthless slobs!!!
And a merry christmas to you too!!!!
Cool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Dec 21, 2007
 
to the shark
funny, the local artists etc that live in the valley think its a pretty dam-d cool place bc of the reasons posted here.
Its the heritage of the area.
Its ours, its old fashioned and hokey and its a blast.
anonymous

Coplay, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Dec 21, 2007
 
Amen to the Amish and the Mennonites. I applaud them because they are sticking to the Blue Rule from way back when stores didn't open on Sundays.

And as far as the Sabbath, check your Bible. We are to glorify God and be in his house on Sundays--not Saturday.
4DLuvofGod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Dec 21, 2007
 
Why can't we all get along well at least there is no mention of "Pork Chops!"

Uh Oh...I think I'll sway the crowd to getting on the Pork Chops subject instead of the good ol Farmers Market.

Hey, do they sell pork chops in there?

I'm gonna have to see wheather I can open up a Goya stand!
4DLuvOfGod2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Dec 21, 2007
 
Why can't we all get along well at least there is no mention of "P*rk Ch*ps"

Uh Oh...I think I'll sway the crowd to getting on the "P*rk Ch*p subject instead of the good ol Farmers Market.

Hey, do they sell "p*rk ch*ps in there?

I'm gonna have to see wheather I can open up a Goya stand!
Joe T

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Dec 21, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Dog owner wrote:
<quoted text>I highly doubt Dan Wuchter would tolerate that at his BBQ stand. That's the stand where he started out before he bought the whole market. Anyway, what loud guy are you talking about? I think I know everyone there.
No, not Dan's BBQ chicken place. The other BBQ place next to Charlie's Pizza. It's run by a crazy guy who talks to you for fifteen minutes when all you want to do is buy a thing of soup. A friend of mine used to buy weed from him.
Dog owner

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Dec 22, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe T wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not Dan's BBQ chicken place. The other BBQ place next to Charlie's Pizza. It's run by a crazy guy who talks to you for fifteen minutes when all you want to do is buy a thing of soup. A friend of mine used to buy weed from him.
Oh, THAT guy. I wont buy anything from him because he is a racist. I've heard him say nasty things about jews and blacks, and I won't do do business with that sort. Plus, the market doesn't really need a second rib joint. You can get everything he sells somewhere else in the market (like at Dan's) without having to talk to him.
anonymous

Sumerduck, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 10, 2008
 
tough guy wrote:
Farmers market isnt that cheap, as a matter of fact there are items in the meat and produce ,that are more expensive than Wegmans, and freshness, well I must debate that as well, no different than Hometown and the others.. The savings for me to go to the farmers market I will spend in gas, I suppose it's good for the locals in A-town...Watch the supermarkets, they can and for the most part cheaper than farmers markets.. Merry Christmas!!!
I have news for you, I happen to know for a fact that alot of the produce & meat that you purchase at the Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market COMES from Wegmans. How do I know this? I was a vendor there for a short time. Save your time & your money, shop elsewhere.
anonymous

Sumerduck, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 10, 2008
 
kap wrote:
I'm with the other poster. YOu can choose to support your local farms or not. That is you choice. You can chose to bargain for your dollar or not. However, to put down locals the way I've seen here is absolutely ridiculous.
At least Allentown has this much to hold their community together so why not support it? At least there is a place in Allentown that holds the traditions of years ago, something positive, something for some to look forward to.
Come on people you moan and groan about Allentown, but yet when something is postive for the city you still moan and groan. Give it a rest already. You all want to blame this and that on everyone else, when it's your own poor attitudes. It gets old.
I was a vendor at the AFFM and I can tell you that you are NOT supporting farmers there. You are supporting vendors that have businesses there, which is fine. But don't fool yourself into believing that these vendors grow their own produce or raise their meat. They purchase it all from the same place that Wegmans gets theirs from.
local support of FM

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 22, 2008
 
HOW DARE YOU!!!! What you're so much better, move out of the LV if you think we are worthless slobs! PLEASEE grow up!!! You probably think your better then Allentown residents b/c you live in Alburtis!!! Do some research it use to be FARM LAND~! JERK!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds Familiar wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to mention that if you think we're worthless, the Farmers Market property is worth several million along with all the acreage that the local farmers own is well into the mega-millions. Doesn't sound to worthless to me. Have a nice Christmas anyway and God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Allentown Forum right now

Search the Allentown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min NuculurVodkaOption 1,033,034
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 22 min bacon hater 51,250
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min Eric 65,059
Allentown property owners say they can?t afford... 3 hr silly rabbit 5
Prostitutes from Maryland worked out of downtow... 3 hr silly rabbit 1
The slumlords of Allentown (Apr '13) 4 hr imani loyal 2
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr not a playa1965 303,199
•••
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
Allentown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Allentown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••