Police seek witnesses to fatal Turnpike crash -- themorningcall...

State police are seeking witnesses of a Sept. 15 crash that killed a Lehighton woman on the Pennsylvania Turnpike's Northeast Extension in North Whitehall Township. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Common Sense

Center Valley, PA

#1 Oct 3, 2007
"Police said they have been unable to conclusively say what caused Zimmerman to run off the road -- such as her falling asleep or perhaps being run off the road -- and her family is seeking closure."

Bad weather. Woman. Driving sport utility vehicle.

Case closed.

“Screw you guys, I'm going home”

Since: Jun 07

Fountain Hill

#2 Oct 3, 2007
Ah seatbelts...what a wonderful invention
Vikette

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 3, 2007
common sense: apparently you are lacking in it..............
TYPICAL DRIVERS

Nashville, TN

#4 Oct 3, 2007
Common Sense wrote:
"Police said they have been unable to conclusively say what caused Zimmerman to run off the road -- such as her falling asleep or perhaps being run off the road -- and her family is seeking closure."
Bad weather. Woman. Driving sport utility vehicle.
Case closed.
You are most likely right in this case...however I have seen alot of your other posts and common sense is not involved in most of them.
Imagine that

Schnecksville, PA

#5 Oct 3, 2007
WOW, an accident caused by agressively driving an SUV on the PA TPK.. I never would have ever expected something like that to happen. Chances are her family could get closure by honoring her memory by slowing down, wearing a seat belt, and selling their gas guzzlers!
TYPICAL DRIVERS

Nashville, TN

#7 Oct 3, 2007
Imagine that wrote:
WOW, an accident caused by agressively driving an SUV on the PA TPK.. I never would have ever expected something like that to happen. Chances are her family could get closure by honoring her memory by slowing down, wearing a seat belt, and selling their gas guzzlers!
Or they could seek you out and slam their car into you !!! That would give me closure !!!

“Your Own Peace Prize Inside”

Since: Mar 07

Hyannis, Mass

#8 Oct 3, 2007
Big heavy SUV, Rain, early morning, Make-up, cell phone, who knows....
TYPICAL DRIVERS

Nashville, TN

#10 Oct 3, 2007
to typical Driver wrote:
If you think driving like a freakin self centered, my-time-is-more- important-than-yours moronis OK, bring it on! The only closure you need involves duct tape and your mouth!
See ya at Walmart !!!
Seen It Before

Allentown, PA

#11 Oct 3, 2007
Way to jump to conclusions..... what says that she was not seatbelted.... she may have been.....
Christian Rea

Allentown, PA

#12 Oct 3, 2007
Wow, such hostility, why doesnít everyone calm down a little. Itís obvious no one here actually knows what happened to cause this crash, and as we all learned as kids when you assume you only make an ass out of you and me, or in this case just you.
TYPICAL DRIVERS

Nashville, TN

#13 Oct 3, 2007
You must be new to these boards...there is no hostility...just people with shitty jobs and nothing to do !!!
Allentown

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Oct 3, 2007
Imagine that wrote:
I agree! I've almost been in numerous accidents on the Northeast extension.. and the vast majority involved SUVs (I drive a small car).
help him

Sparta, NJ

#15 Oct 3, 2007
Imagine that wrote:
I agree with you!!
JAK1964

Johnstown, PA

#16 Oct 3, 2007
TYPICAL DRIVERS wrote:
You must be new to these boards...there is no hostility...just people with shitty jobs and nothing to do !!!
Like you, eh?

Since: Aug 07

Macungie, PA

#17 Oct 3, 2007
Imagine that wrote:
Whatever... not everyone wants to drive a puddle jumper.

“Love Peace & Hair Grease”

Since: Sep 07

Planet Earth

#18 Oct 3, 2007
I recall someone on these forums, a day or so after the accident, saying they witnessed it or knew someone that saw the accident.

Since: Aug 07

Macungie, PA

#19 Oct 3, 2007
TYPICAL DRIVERS wrote:
So that must include you too.

“Help America”

Since: May 07

Hellertown

#20 Oct 3, 2007
Ya know for all you smart asses out there, here's 1 for ya, I had a freinds truck, driven by someone else attempt to run me off the road, Had me all the way on the shoulder of the road.(I'm assuming because I was doing the speed limit),(because of lost brakes), and he was a smart ass, don't know wether or ot he knew it was me in a different then normal vehicle I usually drive, but did intentionally run me off the road. And this was at 55 mph.
If I'd have known it wasn't my XXX Friend driving I would have called the cops on his dumb ass.
There are alot of ignorent people out there that don't care about anything more then money and this is 1 of the people and families that do it.
I hope it comes back on whom ever may have done this.

GOD has misterious ways of opperating. God bless her and her families souls whether it been her faughlt or not. And if not may those responcible be hung out to dry, or better yet delt with by the family themselves.
May the Angels be watching.
A Girl in A Bad World

Temple, PA

#21 Oct 3, 2007
This is not surprising to me at all... it was raining and she was on a curve... did they ever think of speeding too... there isnt much more answers to give to give the family closure!!!
Izzie

Easton, PA

#22 Oct 3, 2007
I am always amazed by the ignorant postings on mcall.com . Thanks for not disappointing me tonight. I find it unbelievable that most of the sexist remarks are going un-checked. Yes, no man has ever talked on a cell phone while driving. No man has ever been careless and/or agressive while driving. Sorry, folks, I'm intelligent enough to know that men are involved in -- and cause -- their fair share of accidents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Grey Ghost 1,193,096
Allentown police OT totals a quarter million do... 1 hr Justice 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr orange 71,562
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 6 hr Just Saying 54,548
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr cpeter1313 309,000
Wolf seeks billions in higher taxes for schools... 15 hr jones 3
Coroner looks for deceased Allentown man's family Wed silly rabbit 1

Allentown News Video

Allentown Dating
Find my Match