Nurse accused of stealing pain medication

Full story: The Morning Call

A registered nurse was charged Friday with stealing narcotics from the nursing home where she worked, after her cover-up story failed because she said she dispensed some of the drugs to a dead person, ...
Comments
21 - 40 of 71 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2012
Bigger Wow

Pittston, PA

#22 Nov 9, 2008
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ley me assure you that the judges do not send you to these programs without the recommendation of the attorney's working the case. If the ADA agrees then it always works out. You ask about a county bid instead of a stae sentence? That is completely based on sentencing guidelines and nothing else. A job in the county prison? Oh hea that's right. They pay .75 per week for those jobs. What are you even talking about. Again, a person who has never been in the system and reads too many of these articles and makes all the wrong assumptions. Have a nice life. I will not be reading this article any longer. Good bye.
Take your meds, your thought process is clouding up. I do know the system from the inside, and see people like you, that their lawyer sold down the creek every day. By the way the guide lines are recommendations, nothing is set in stone.
hi haters

Fairport, NY

#23 Nov 10, 2008
amused wrote:
50 counts and her bail is only $10,000. I've worked with this woman and happen to know that this was not her first offense. that means monday morning she gets 10% pays $100. and she's free to leave. which 9 times out of ten means you get nothing but probation. what about the patients who did need this medication, was she keeping their doses?
God O hope you are not a nurse too.....
Angel wings

Kempton, PA

#24 Nov 10, 2008
God wrote:
<quoted text>
I made her do it, to test her faith, so she does believe in me
This wasn't a test for my child, the nurse, It was a test to see the effect and reaction her criminal behavior has on my greater population of my children in the world. Forgiviness? I also take care of my elderly, acceptance and patience I have witnessed in them and great faith!
oy vey

AOL

#25 Nov 12, 2008
OMG, "WOW"! You can spin it all ya want, but the bottom line is this - 50 counts (yeah the docket is public info - see Docket Number: CR-0000480-08 LOWER MACUNGIE TWP - DJ dockets dated 11/7/08)
They don't just create 50 counts some of which are felony ...and when you go to the PA site in Hburg that validates licenses? It says this woman resides in Kenilworth NJ....sure seems like a LONG commute?
see :
http://www.licensepa.state.pa.us/Details.aspx... ;
ALL I do know is if this woman did this once, has she done it before? So if this woman DID this, they should send her butt to jail and take away her license - I don't know about you, but I sure don't want some hopped up chick caring for me in a hospital or wherever...this isn't about blue collar vs. white collar - this is about a druggie nurse. She won't be the first, she won't be the last...
oy vey

AOL

#26 Nov 12, 2008
She did this BEFORE? Why didn't this place turn her in? They are required BY LAW to turn her in! OMG, if you have prior knowledge, turn this in and whoever let this one skate.
amused wrote:
50 counts and her bail is only $10,000. I've worked with this woman and happen to know that this was not her first offense. that means monday morning she gets 10% pays $100. and she's free to leave. which 9 times out of ten means you get nothing but probation. what about the patients who did need this medication, was she keeping their doses?
The Zorpshyts Family Maid

AOL

#27 Nov 12, 2008
I was appauled to read that she would dare steal any pain meds from someone lying there in agony. She shold be whipped and thrown in prsion with just her bible and good faith. That will teach er. No drug rehab for you Missy
u have no idea

United States

#28 Nov 16, 2008
ya'll dont even know what you are talking about she actually was a good nurse and if u would of read the article you would see it says she signed out the medicaion for a resident who had died hours earlier and for residents who were not even on the medication to begin with. people have problems and they make mistakes hope it never happens to u. keep ur head up heather
ELT452

United States

#29 Nov 17, 2008
u have no idea wrote:
ya'll dont even know what you are talking about she actually was a good nurse and if u would of read the article you would see it says she signed out the medicaion for a resident who had died hours earlier and for residents who were not even on the medication to begin with. people have problems and they make mistakes hope it never happens to u. keep ur head up heather
Was she supplying you?
right right right

United States

#30 Nov 17, 2008
ELT452 wrote:
<quoted text> Was she supplying you?
lol

“You call THIS civilization??”

Since: Mar 07

Orefield, PA

#31 Nov 17, 2008
Hmmm wrote:
A lot of nurses steal drugs from the hospital. When my wife was in LVH for surgery, the doctor prescribed pain medication during her stay. The nurse said she was only supposed to have it once at night, but according to the doctor it was once an hour as needed. When I loudly confronted the nurse about her obvious lie, she gave up the drugs to my wife. I complained about it, but the nurse still works there. I found out later she was not the only one doing it.
Listen, bud, I've been a nurse for over 30 years and not only have I NEVER taken so much as a TYLENOL from a patient, I don't know any nurse that I've worked with who has! I'd watch those sweeping statements that defile a profession I've dedicated many years of my life to, and have always strived to be the BEST nurse I could be!

I can't explain what happened in your situation, but how do you know that nurse was taking your wife's meds? Maybe she read the order wrong! I don't know. But I doubt HIGHLY there was a large percentage of nurses on her floor stealing her medication!
Confused

Bowie, MD

#32 Nov 17, 2008
Be happy she's at least been charged, in this area the Nursing Board would cover it up for her and send her to a "few weeks of counseling" (meaning pay any of the clinics a few hundred and they give you the attendance note and all is well) and she's back to stealing...err I mean dispensing meds in no time.
justine

AOL

#34 Nov 22, 2008
So if one of the FIRST comments indicated that this druggie did this before, which hospital covered this up and why isn't the nursing board or whatever doing anything? WHY ISN'T THE NEWSPAPER covering THAT story?
Druggies don't pop overnight, so how long has this one been a user? Taxpayers in this economy are paying for her to go to rehab? Oh swell.
HaHaHa

Granby, CT

#35 Nov 22, 2008
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a prior criminal, not an attorney. This is a bull$hit charge. It's a drug charge of absolutely nothing to tarnish her because she is in the professional world. Had it of been an every day citizen who is a blue collar worker it would not of even made the paper. Drug addicts are a dime a dozen anymore. They do not belong in prison. The system has completely failed for what it was initially intended to do. Years ago you would of got a slap on the wrist. Now there are so many over paid county employees and counseling programs and psych rehab centers out there that in order to financially keep them going you get arrested and thrown in jail for stealing a candy bar. The whole system is a complete joke. Yea, that's it. Let's keep putting little people in prison and then cry that the county prisons are over populated and charge the tax payers more money to build new one's or in fact add on to the existing prisons. And if you have not been there, you have no room to even speak about what I just brought up because any person who knows the system will completely agree. It's a money hungry greedy system and the only people benefitting from all of this are the higher ups for job security. Trust me on this. Tell me what putting a criminal in jail for 30-40 days for charge like this does? I will tell you what it does. It has you lose your job, your life and then beg society to allow you to collect unemployment and get welfare. So it is only a sick cycle like I said so the higher up people can continue benefitting from this bunch of crap. And these low life criminals contine to **** off of the system. Oh yea, and get counseling. What a joke!
she'll lose her license, won't be able to practice and won't have further access legally...hope she gets rehab...unfortunately this happens, it's just not always publicized.
Robb Wolters

Toms River, NJ

#36 Jan 13, 2009
I just want to say if this was your wife , mother or sister you wouldnt be talking like this yes she has a problem but putting her in jail wont hurt her it will justmake it harder on her she needs to get into a rehab. this is my wife and i know what she did was wrong, but she was a very good nurse she cared alot about her job how ever this was her first and only time she did this. people like to make stories up for the publice to get scared or think nurseing homes anr shady . shes very sorry for what she did and all she wants to do is put this behind her and move on with her life and get help from a 12 step program. yes heather did loose her nurseing license its the best thing for her now. so before anyone bad mouths her take a good look at yourself before you put someone down .and i stand behind my wife 100%
Robb Wolters

Union, NJ

#37 Jan 14, 2009
I just want to say if this was your wife , mother or sister you wouldnt be talking like this yes she has a problem but putting her in jail wont hurt her it will justmake it harder on her she needs to get into a rehab. this is my wife and i know what she did was wrong, but she was a very good nurse she cared alot about her job how ever this was her first and only time she did this. people like to make stories up for the publice to get scared or think nurseing homes anr shady . shes very sorry for what she did and all she wants to do is put this behind her and move on with her life and get help from a 12 step program. yes heather did loose her nurseing license its the best thing for her now. so before anyone bad mouths her take a good look at yourself before you put someone down .and i stand behind my wife 100%

“What goes around comes around”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#38 Jan 14, 2009
u have no idea wrote:
ya'll dont even know what you are talking about she actually was a good nurse and if u would of read the article you would see it says she signed out the medicaion for a resident who had died hours earlier and for residents who were not even on the medication to begin with. people have problems and they make mistakes hope it never happens to u. keep ur head up heather
Sorry, sweetie...you're WRONG. A GOOD nurse doesn't steal her patients meds...I've been anurse for over 25 years and have never even considered stealing a patients medication...let alone pain medication. You need to be locked up with her just for saying stupid things.

“What goes around comes around”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#39 Jan 14, 2009
Robb Wolters wrote:
I just want to say if this was your wife , mother or sister you wouldnt be talking like this yes she has a problem but putting her in jail wont hurt her it will justmake it harder on her she needs to get into a rehab. this is my wife and i know what she did was wrong, but she was a very good nurse she cared alot about her job how ever this was her first and only time she did this. people like to make stories up for the publice to get scared or think nurseing homes anr shady . shes very sorry for what she did and all she wants to do is put this behind her and move on with her life and get help from a 12 step program. yes heather did loose her nurseing license its the best thing for her now. so before anyone bad mouths her take a good look at yourself before you put someone down .and i stand behind my wife 100%
No, Mr. Walters...it wasn't the first time she stole from a patient, it's the first time she got caught. She's kow that in her heart of herts whether she admits it to you or not. I've been a nurse for a long, long time and NEVER have I considered stealing from a patient. When a nurse steals mediation from a patient it's because she already has a drug problem...it's not a new problem.

“What goes around comes around”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#40 Jan 14, 2009
OK, so I'm having spelling issues today...but you get the gist...
cjc

Harrisburg, PA

#41 Jan 14, 2009
Actually she will be given an option for rehab or lose her licence to practice. She is an addict like any other addict, priorities get rearranged for addicts-drugs/alcohal are 1st above all. Drug addiction is not a victimless crime, case in point.
Steve Miller

Allentown, PA

#42 Jan 14, 2009
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a prior criminal, not an attorney. This is a bull$hit charge. It's a drug charge of absolutely nothing to tarnish her because she is in the professional world. Had it of been an every day citizen who is a blue collar worker it would not of even made the paper. Drug addicts are a dime a dozen anymore. They do not belong in prison. The system has completely failed for what it was initially intended to do. Years ago you would of got a slap on the wrist. Now there are so many over paid county employees and counseling programs and psych rehab centers out there that in order to financially keep them going you get arrested and thrown in jail for stealing a candy bar. The whole system is a complete joke. Yea, that's it. Let's keep putting little people in prison and then cry that the county prisons are over populated and charge the tax payers more money to build new one's or in fact add on to the existing prisons. And if you have not been there, you have no room to even speak about what I just brought up because any person who knows the system will completely agree. It's a money hungry greedy system and the only people benefitting from all of this are the higher ups for job security. Trust me on this. Tell me what putting a criminal in jail for 30-40 days for charge like this does? I will tell you what it does. It has you lose your job, your life and then beg society to allow you to collect unemployment and get welfare. So it is only a sick cycle like I said so the higher up people can continue benefitting from this bunch of crap. And these low life criminals contine to **** off of the system. Oh yea, and get counseling. What a joke!
How about just getting clean? Maybe you won't CHOOSE to be so bitter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 68,937
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 40 min shinningelectr0n 1,099,850
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens 4 hr mason 10
Drunken man sucker punches Allentown cop during... 4 hr atown cops lie 5
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Big Sky 305,444
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 10 hr bacon hater 51,299
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 13 hr Knows he lost 3,921
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
•••

Allentown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Allentown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Allentown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••