Nurse accused of stealing pain medication

A registered nurse was charged Friday with stealing narcotics from the nursing home where she worked, after her cover-up story failed because she said she dispensed some of the drugs to a dead person, ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Just Wondering

Springtown, PA

#1 Nov 8, 2008
Well I guess her career is over with. And to top it off she didn't even kow how to cover her tracks...Dumb meet Dumber.
amused

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Nov 8, 2008
50 counts and her bail is only $10,000. I've worked with this woman and happen to know that this was not her first offense. that means monday morning she gets 10% pays $100. and she's free to leave. which 9 times out of ten means you get nothing but probation. what about the patients who did need this medication, was she keeping their doses?
Huh

Easton, PA

#4 Nov 8, 2008
amused wrote:
50 counts and her bail is only $10,000. I've worked with this woman and happen to know that this was not her first offense. that means monday morning she gets 10% pays $100. and she's free to leave. which 9 times out of ten means you get nothing but probation. what about the patients who did need this medication, was she keeping their doses?
Using your math, I guess that "9 times out of ten" equals 137%...
slappie jones

Scipio Center, NY

#5 Nov 8, 2008
50 counts of theft and drug charges and the value of the drugs were $100.00 ..... I am paying way to much for my Vicadin
Whetherman

Allentown, PA

#6 Nov 8, 2008
slappie jones wrote:
50 counts of theft and drug charges and the value of the drugs were $100.00 ..... I am paying way to much for my Vicadin
You need to find a nurse who can sell you some on the side like this one!
Who Cares

AOL

#7 Nov 8, 2008
She needs to hire Rush Limbaugh's lawyer. She will get off.
THE HOLY BIBLE

Quakertown, PA

#8 Nov 8, 2008
The LORD GOD can help this nurse...all she has to do is accept JESUS CHRIST as her LORD and SAVOIR into her life and OBEY GOD,S WORD and live as a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN from within her heart and REPENT of her SINS! JESUS had said you must be born again! AMEN! GIVE ALL THE GLORY TO GOD!
harry

Walnutport, PA

#9 Nov 8, 2008
I can't believe she stold drugs and just got a slap on the hand "now don't do that again"Luck the SOB UP.I know of people trhat have died from over dose of them kind of drugs!!! The law just lets them go free to do more stealing to sell.WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM DO WE HAVE? We need good people running our systems.
God

Kingston, PA

#10 Nov 8, 2008
THE HOLY BIBLE wrote:
The LORD GOD can help this nurse...all she has to do is accept JESUS CHRIST as her LORD and SAVOIR into her life and OBEY GOD,S WORD and live as a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN from within her heart and REPENT of her SINS! JESUS had said you must be born again! AMEN! GIVE ALL THE GLORY TO GOD!
I made her do it, to test her faith, so she does believe in me
Wow

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Nov 8, 2008
amused wrote:50 counts and her bail is only $10,000. I've worked with this woman and happen to know that this was not her first offense. that means monday morning she gets 10% pays $100. and she's free to leave. which 9 times out of ten means you get nothing but probation. what about the patients who did need this medication, was she keeping their doses?

Listen Einstein. It is a Misdemeanor III. She pays 10% it is $1,000.00 through pre-trial not $100.00. In order to be charged with a felony it would need to be $500.00 or more in theft. If she post through a bail bondsmen it is only 7%, which is $700.00 bail. If she has no prior record in fact she will qualify for ARD and it will be diminished from her record. And she does not have to wait until Monday either. Bail bondsmen are open 24 hrs. Especially Diane's across the street from the county prison.
The MC must be slow to post such a small charge as this, and give such a big write up.
Having fun

Emmaus, PA

#12 Nov 8, 2008
Wow wrote:
amused wrote:50 counts and her bail is only $10,000. I've worked with this woman and happen to know that this was not her first offense. that means monday morning she gets 10% pays $100. and she's free to leave. which 9 times out of ten means you get nothing but probation. what about the patients who did need this medication, was she keeping their doses?
Listen Einstein. It is a Misdemeanor III. She pays 10% it is $1,000.00 through pre-trial not $100.00. In order to be charged with a felony it would need to be $500.00 or more in theft. If she post through a bail bondsmen it is only 7%, which is $700.00 bail. If she has no prior record in fact she will qualify for ARD and it will be diminished from her record. And she does not have to wait until Monday either. Bail bondsmen are open 24 hrs. Especially Diane's across the street from the county prison.
The MC must be slow to post such a small charge as this, and give such a big write up.
You obviously know your stuff. If I ever get arrested, will you be my lawyer?
Hmmm

Ypsilanti, MI

#13 Nov 8, 2008
A lot of nurses steal drugs from the hospital. When my wife was in LVH for surgery, the doctor prescribed pain medication during her stay. The nurse said she was only supposed to have it once at night, but according to the doctor it was once an hour as needed. When I loudly confronted the nurse about her obvious lie, she gave up the drugs to my wife. I complained about it, but the nurse still works there. I found out later she was not the only one doing it.
Kendra

Catasauqua, PA

#14 Nov 8, 2008
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your math, I guess that "9 times out of ten" equals 137%...
with math like this,it's no wonder patients are over dosed.
cindy

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Nov 8, 2008
Hmmm wrote:
A lot of nurses steal drugs from the hospital. When my wife was in LVH for surgery, the doctor prescribed pain medication during her stay. The nurse said she was only supposed to have it once at night, but according to the doctor it was once an hour as needed. When I loudly confronted the nurse about her obvious lie, she gave up the drugs to my wife. I complained about it, but the nurse still works there. I found out later she was not the only one doing it.
Oh, yea. We do it all the time. You freaking idiot.
Hairy

Easton, PA

#16 Nov 8, 2008
harry wrote:
I can't believe she stold drugs and just got a slap on the hand "now don't do that again"Luck the SOB UP.I know of people trhat have died from over dose of them kind of drugs!!! The law just lets them go free to do more stealing to sell.WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM DO WE HAVE? We need good people running our systems.
Dear Harry,
Please learn how to type and/or spell.
Thank you,
Hairy
Seriously

Allentown, PA

#17 Nov 8, 2008
Does anyone know if doctors, nurses, etc., are required to submit to random drug testing on a regular basis? If not, then I guess we all have a reason to be concerned to put it mildly.
not worried

Allentown, PA

#18 Nov 8, 2008
Seriously wrote:
Does anyone know if doctors, nurses, etc., are required to submit to random drug testing on a regular basis? If not, then I guess we all have a reason to be concerned to put it mildly.
well, doctors do not, but in most hospital settings, ALL employees are subject to random testing.
Wow

Bethlehem, PA

#19 Nov 8, 2008
Having fun wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously know your stuff. If I ever get arrested, will you be my lawyer?
I am a prior criminal, not an attorney. This is a bull$hit charge. It's a drug charge of absolutely nothing to tarnish her because she is in the professional world. Had it of been an every day citizen who is a blue collar worker it would not of even made the paper. Drug addicts are a dime a dozen anymore. They do not belong in prison. The system has completely failed for what it was initially intended to do. Years ago you would of got a slap on the wrist. Now there are so many over paid county employees and counseling programs and psych rehab centers out there that in order to financially keep them going you get arrested and thrown in jail for stealing a candy bar. The whole system is a complete joke. Yea, that's it. Let's keep putting little people in prison and then cry that the county prisons are over populated and charge the tax payers more money to build new one's or in fact add on to the existing prisons. And if you have not been there, you have no room to even speak about what I just brought up because any person who knows the system will completely agree. It's a money hungry greedy system and the only people benefitting from all of this are the higher ups for job security. Trust me on this. Tell me what putting a criminal in jail for 30-40 days for charge like this does? I will tell you what it does. It has you lose your job, your life and then beg society to allow you to collect unemployment and get welfare. So it is only a sick cycle like I said so the higher up people can continue benefitting from this bunch of crap. And these low life criminals contine to suck off of the system. Oh yea, and get counseling. What a joke!
Bigger Wow

Wyoming, PA

#20 Nov 9, 2008
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a prior criminal, not an attorney. This is a bull$hit charge. It's a drug charge of absolutely nothing to tarnish her because she is in the professional world. Had it of been an every day citizen who is a blue collar worker it would not of even made the paper. Drug addicts are a dime a dozen anymore. They do not belong in prison. The system has completely failed for what it was initially intended to do. Years ago you would of got a slap on the wrist. Now there are so many over paid county employees and counseling programs and psych rehab centers out there that in order to financially keep them going you get arrested and thrown in jail for stealing a candy bar. The whole system is a complete joke. Yea, that's it. Let's keep putting little people in prison and then cry that the county prisons are over populated and charge the tax payers more money to build new one's or in fact add on to the existing prisons. And if you have not been there, you have no room to even speak about what I just brought up because any person who knows the system will completely agree. It's a money hungry greedy system and the only people benefitting from all of this are the higher ups for job security. Trust me on this. Tell me what putting a criminal in jail for 30-40 days for charge like this does? I will tell you what it does. It has you lose your job, your life and then beg society to allow you to collect unemployment and get welfare. So it is only a sick cycle like I said so the higher up people can continue benefitting from this bunch of crap. And these low life criminals contine to **** off of the system. Oh yea, and get counseling. What a joke!
Did you forget to take your meds, that the counselor put you on? I'm not saying it's not true, but you turned 2 sentences in to a book. You have to realize, that since the judges send you to these programs and determine which one you go to. They can send you to their buddies that supported them to get the judgeship in the first place. Need a job in a county jail, see your friendly judge, I'm sure he can find you something. Why do they seem to always sentence the defendants to local time instead of state time? Would have to do with the fact, they have no control over things in the state prison and can't get their supporters jobs there or recommend who provides the professional services there?
Wow

Bethlehem, PA

#21 Nov 9, 2008
Bigger Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget to take your meds, that the counselor put you on? I'm not saying it's not true, but you turned 2 sentences in to a book. You have to realize, that since the judges send you to these programs and determine which one you go to. They can send you to their buddies that supported them to get the judgeship in the first place. Need a job in a county jail, see your friendly judge, I'm sure he can find you something. Why do they seem to always sentence the defendants to local time instead of state time? Would have to do with the fact, they have no control over things in the state prison and can't get their supporters jobs there or recommend who provides the professional services there?
Ley me assure you that the judges do not send you to these programs without the recommendation of the attorney's working the case. If the ADA agrees then it always works out. You ask about a county bid instead of a stae sentence? That is completely based on sentencing guidelines and nothing else. A job in the county prison? Oh hea that's right. They pay .75 per week for those jobs. What are you even talking about. Again, a person who has never been in the system and reads too many of these articles and makes all the wrong assumptions. Have a nice life. I will not be reading this article any longer. Good bye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min shinningelectr0n 1,126,999
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 22 min Anonymous91 54,522
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 306,280
Bethlehem nurse allegedly stole bank card, $5 f... 3 hr silly rabbit 1
Halloween costumes for girls: Innocent or inapp... 6 hr silly rabbit 1
Trick-or-treat times scheduled (Oct '08) 8 hr rose 68
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr scirocco 70,102

Allentown News Video

Allentown Dating
Find my Match

Allentown Jobs

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Allentown News, Events & Info