Jason Gabriel: Fired police officer Jason Gabriel skips court, ...

Full story: The Morning Call

A Nazareth man facing trial for attacking his girlfriend won a plea deal today after an officer who was supposed to testify against him didn't show after getting fired from his job the night before.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of41
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
enough already

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

GABRIEL wrote:
I am posting this comment to all that have chosen to express your opinion. It is quite distressing to me to see folks try and tear me apart for an action that I was not notified that I was required to do.
County court is by telephone call notification. My commanding officer received notification that I must appear at 600pm last evening. I was not notified of the telephone call due to my dismissal. When I did receive acknowledgement of the telephone call, it was in passing conversation while returning my issued police gear. I can offer no better explaination than that of what happened.
At no time was I "so mad at Don" that I was itching to use a tazer. You weren't there, with peoples lives on the line: inclusive of your own. Don't Monday morning quarterback.
I am devastated that I have been fired, not revengeful. In closing, had I have known, I would have been there..........
I still do care.
Thank you for coming on and clarifying. Please accept my apologies. My statements were made out of frustration that an abusive jerk is breathing the same oxygen as decent people.

I seriously have to question the DA's office in not requesting a continuance until she at least found out why you were a no show. She owed the victim at least that much.

Best wishes and good luck to you.
Ifya Gottago

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Can we fire the prosecutor? Do they know what a continuance is?
Thought

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Cant be sure this is who you say it is and if the story you gave is correct and accurate but if so sounds to me like everyone on here is speaking WAY out of place and the borough and police chief should be answering to this victim not the cop that didnt show up.
GABRIEL wrote:
I am posting this comment to all that have chosen to express your opinion. It is quite distressing to me to see folks try and tear me apart for an action that I was not notified that I was required to do.
County court is by telephone call notification. My commanding officer received notification that I must appear at 600pm last evening. I was not notified of the telephone call due to my dismissal. When I did receive acknowledgement of the telephone call, it was in passing conversation while returning my issued police gear. I can offer no better explaination than that of what happened.
At no time was I "so mad at Don" that I was itching to use a tazer. You weren't there, with peoples lives on the line: inclusive of your own. Don't Monday morning quarterback.
I am devastated that I have been fired, not revengeful. In closing, had I have known, I would have been there..........
I still do care.
Thought

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

GABRIEL wrote:
I still do care.
I would also recommend that you call the Mcall and make a statement to them as the article doesnt flat out blame you but from a readers eye it does and could possibly hurt you in future positions. Just my thought.
Bethlehem

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

We are talking about Nazareth Cops here, didn't the chief just leave to go somewhere else? Dunkin Donuts is their main job.
Wrong

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

eye for an eye 2 wrote:
if any of you knew anything about law enforcement you would know that an officer has to be notified of all their hearings and court appearances. Officer Gabriel had been injured by this man also and has gone to every hearing and appearance that he was notified of to protect Susan. I would believe that this same officer, who was fired, was not notified of that specific court appearance. The blame should be put on the Police chief for not forwarding this information to his officer. It is easy for everyone to sit here and pass judgement on someone they have never met before but Officer Gabriel was a good cop who cared about people. I am very sad to see that he will no longer be protecting my community. As for all the dumb cop comments....when u call 911 I hope they sent a blog rambo such as yourself to your home and not a dumb cop!!
Just a bit of info from a cop...
We know about ALL of our hearings and court appearances well in advance. He got fired the night before, I believe, the article said. He had his notice before a 7:00 council meeting the night before a trial, which usually starts at 9am. Nice try. He got fired and said, "Scre-w it" is my feeling.
Black Eye

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

eye for an eye 2 wrote:
if any of you knew anything about law enforcement you would know that an officer has to be notified of all their hearings and court appearances. Officer Gabriel had been injured by this man also and has gone to every hearing and appearance that he was notified of to protect Susan. I would believe that this same officer, who was fired, was not notified of that specific court appearance. The blame should be put on the Police chief for not forwarding this information to his officer. It is easy for everyone to sit here and pass judgement on someone they have never met before but Officer Gabriel was a good cop who cared about people. I am very sad to see that he will no longer be protecting my community. As for all the dumb cop comments....when u call 911 I hope they sent a blog rambo such as yourself to your home and not a dumb cop!!
Eye For An Eye ...
If you are a cop you are the dummest of them all. You can't bring yourself to actually blame the guy because he's a cop but you can't help yourself from blaming and accusing someone.
Enuff

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Let me ask you. You are fired from a job, but the next day, you are supposed to complete work on a job but not get paid. Guess what, you wouldn't testify either.
Eye for Eye wrote:
Does anyone know is it a rule that an ex cop cannot testify what he saw. Or was the ex cop just being a jerk?
Enuff

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Northampton County Court is way famous for last minute court notifications to police. The district justices do the same thing. They will often cancel a hearing and not notify the police officer or witnesses. But when a police officer needs a continuance for personal reasons, the DJ's act like the cop is pulling their teeth.
OK Gabriel

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

GABRIEL wrote:
I still do care.
Don't worry Gabriel. These people don't really care about this issue anyway. They just want to sound off on how much they like cops, or they don't. Good Luck with what's next in your life.
EX COP

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

I disagree. I have been notified for trial at 6pm at night. There have been numerous times that I have not been home and then had to scramble to be in court. You must have some great communication in your department if you are always notified well in advance.
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a bit of info from a cop...
We know about ALL of our hearings and court appearances well in advance. He got fired the night before, I believe, the article said. He had his notice before a 7:00 council meeting the night before a trial, which usually starts at 9am. Nice try. He got fired and said, "Scre-w it" is my feeling.
Eye for Eye

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Gabriel, if you did not know about the trial today then you have my apologies. Although something hear stinks......Maybe some kind of investigation needs to happen. The part about the taser I was really getting at is that if anyone would need to be tasered it would be someone like this. I wish you the best of luck in the future.
Eye for Eye

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

By the way yes I would testify in court to help an abused woman even if I did not get paid. I t is called character.
ABE-5980

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Northampton county court routinely sends out subpoenas no more than a week in advance for trial. Many of them are "on-call" subpoenas, meaning that unless you hear from the DA's office by phone, you need not show up. Rather, you just have to be in the area and available in case you're needed. If you're going to be needed, it is common to get the phone call the afternoon or evening before the trial. I could believe that he didn't know he was actually supposed to show up. The DA's office waits until the last minute. Now, if the chief got the call and chose not to forward it to the officer, the blame rests squarely on the chief's shoulders.
Freedom Watch

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Stop wasting the peoples money.

“Trying to do the best I can.”

Since: Jul 07

Lehigh Valley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

It is truly sad that the system looks out for the accused more than the victim.

She is punished because the system isn't organized?! It is not like he denied assaulting her... He plead guilty!!
ZIPPERHEAD

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Sometimes it comes down to women making a decision and sticking with it...not going back and forth with an abuser.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

ZIPPERHEAD wrote:
Sometimes it comes down to women making a decision and sticking with it...not going back and forth with an abuser.
Sometimes she has no support system or has too many kids and nowhere to go.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Eye for Eye wrote:
By the way yes I would testify in court to help an abused woman even if I did not get paid. I t is called character.
But... because he was fired from his job as a police officer, they might to pick him apart!

“Here's looking at ya!”

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

correction: they might try to pick him apart!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of41
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Allentown Forum right now

Search the Allentown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,071,245
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 68,106
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Incompetent Obama 51,103
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr Community Organizer Skill 3,745
Allentown releases draft of plan for community ... 4 hr Julian Kern 35
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr cpeter1313 304,884
Allentown business owner claims city lowballed ... 13 hr silly rabbit 1
•••
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
•••

Allentown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••