Jason Gabriel: Fired police officer J...

Jason Gabriel: Fired police officer Jason Gabriel skips court, ...

There are 41 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 4, 2009, titled Jason Gabriel: Fired police officer Jason Gabriel skips court, .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Nazareth man facing trial for attacking his girlfriend won a plea deal today after an officer who was supposed to testify against him didn't show after getting fired from his job the night before.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
RonMania

Washington, DC

#1 Aug 4, 2009
Susans wake up: I'm sure you meet the right connections at bars??

Since: Nov 08

United States

#2 Aug 4, 2009
Can't an ex-cop testify about something that he witnessed while on the force?
natile

New York, NY

#3 Aug 4, 2009
This makes me very angry. Next we will be reading about his third victim and she may not be so lucky. At least then we will know who to blame. Way to go Nazareth Borough Council. Great timing!!!

Since: Feb 07

Middle Village, NY

#4 Aug 4, 2009
RonMania wrote:
Susans wake up: I'm sure you meet the right connections at bars??
From the way it is written, it looks like they were living together - went to a bar together - came home together.
Looks like the idiot caught a break - this time.

“I get to see an Angel everyday”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown, PA

#5 Aug 4, 2009
No recess to locate the officer to testify?
enough already

United States

#6 Aug 4, 2009
This guy is pure scum. The funny thing is that he is back together with the ex-ho that filed a PFA on him before.

No surprises there - she is also scum and he will be smacking her around soon, too.

Hopefully this judge will put this POS away for the max amount of time
enough already

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2009
P*O*S

they block abbreviations now, too?
Eye for Eye

Washington, DC

#8 Aug 4, 2009
Does anyone know is it a rule that an ex cop cannot testify what he saw. Or was the ex cop just being a jerk?
enough already

United States

#9 Aug 4, 2009
Sounds like he was choosing to be a jerk because he did testify at the preliminary.

Nice job, officer. I hope your next prospective employer knows what a stand up guy you were in keeping a woman abuser off of the streets.
No Case

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Aug 4, 2009
Cops make poor witnesses from it's exception. An ex cop is an over the top joke.
david wayne osedach wrote:
Can't an ex-cop testify about something that he witnessed while on the force?
No Case

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Aug 4, 2009
An why would "we the people" want to pay for this "dumb" "dumb"!
enough already wrote:
This guy is pure scum. The funny thing is that he is back together with the ex-ho that filed a PFA on him before.
No surprises there - she is also scum and he will be smacking her around soon, too.
Hopefully this judge will put this **** away for the max amount of time
Eye for Eye

Washington, DC

#12 Aug 4, 2009
Hey Jason Gabriel if you could have showed up at court and did not just because you were mad you got fired: SHAME, SHAME on you!!!!!! You know this guy is going to abuse again and this time the woman may not be as lucky to get away with her life. I hope you know the blood will be on your hands also. I heard when you arrived on the scene you were so mad at Don you sere itching to use the taser on him. Now you get fired and you do not care. If you could have testified and chose not to how can you live with yourself??? Do you have a mother, sister, daughter? What if someone did that to them? You do realize you have disrespected all women. If you believe in God I suggest you start praying.
Love the Cops

AOL

#13 Aug 4, 2009
Stoopid cop!
mmm_cheesesteak

Allentown, PA

#14 Aug 4, 2009
everyone is angry at the cop, but if he was let go from the police force for "unsatisfactory" issues, the defense would have ripped him apart and this drunkerd wouldve walked. maybe it was better he stayed away. btu they should have at least had a supervisor show up in his absence
enough already

United States

#15 Aug 4, 2009
No Case wrote:
An why would "we the people" want to pay for this "dumb" "dumb"!
<quoted text>
No one wants to pay for it, but unfortunately "dumb" isn't illegal and we can't just put him down like a mad dog.
eye for an eye 2

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Aug 4, 2009
if any of you knew anything about law enforcement you would know that an officer has to be notified of all their hearings and court appearances. Officer Gabriel had been injured by this man also and has gone to every hearing and appearance that he was notified of to protect Susan. I would believe that this same officer, who was fired, was not notified of that specific court appearance. The blame should be put on the Police chief for not forwarding this information to his officer. It is easy for everyone to sit here and pass judgement on someone they have never met before but Officer Gabriel was a good cop who cared about people. I am very sad to see that he will no longer be protecting my community. As for all the dumb cop comments....when u call 911 I hope they sent a blog rambo such as yourself to your home and not a dumb cop!!
Judge Drage

Bethlehem, PA

#17 Aug 4, 2009
You people are dumber than dirt. I need a pay raise. The stress of working half days.
enough already wrote:
Sounds like he was choosing to be a jerk because he did testify at the preliminary.
Nice job, officer. I hope your next prospective employer knows what a stand up guy you were in keeping a woman abuser off of the streets.
Freedom Watch

Bethlehem, PA

#18 Aug 4, 2009
Any day a cop doesn't show up to trial is a good day. Good job, we need more like this. Think of all the money we would save. I could afford my own security and health care plan.
Eye for Eye wrote:
Hey Jason Gabriel if you could have showed up at court and did not just because you were mad you got fired: SHAME, SHAME on you!!!!!! You know this guy is going to abuse again and this time the woman may not be as lucky to get away with her life. I hope you know the blood will be on your hands also. I heard when you arrived on the scene you were so mad at Don you sere itching to use the taser on him. Now you get fired and you do not care. If you could have testified and chose not to how can you live with yourself??? Do you have a mother, sister, daughter? What if someone did that to them? You do realize you have disrespected all women. If you believe in God I suggest you start praying.
GABRIEL

Bethlehem, PA

#19 Aug 4, 2009
I am posting this comment to all that have chosen to express your opinion. It is quite distressing to me to see folks try and tear me apart for an action that I was not notified that I was required to do.

County court is by telephone call notification. My commanding officer received notification that I must appear at 600pm last evening. I was not notified of the telephone call due to my dismissal. When I did receive acknowledgement of the telephone call, it was in passing conversation while returning my issued police gear. I can offer no better explaination than that of what happened.

At no time was I "so mad at Don" that I was itching to use a tazer. You weren't there, with peoples lives on the line: inclusive of your own. Don't Monday morning quarterback.

I am devastated that I have been fired, not revengeful. In closing, had I have known, I would have been there..........

I still do care.
Jones Crusher

Whitehall, PA

#20 Aug 4, 2009
I guess the courts in Nazareth never heard of a subpoena.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Ghey Ghost 1,402,664
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr cpeter1313 311,476
turtle beach Reich 9 hr palumpskioxicandyman 7
News Governor visits Allentown to highlight new addi... 13 hr palumpskioxicandyman 7
News Allentown police working to improve community r... 13 hr palumpskioxicandyman 7
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 hr USS LIBERTY 72,033
the truth about the jews and israel 22 hr silly rabbit 15

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages