Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
290,661 - 290,680 of 305,444 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310524 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Each child? Really? Idiot, each child MAY pray if they feel comfortable doing so already, just not out loud where others are forced to listen.
Damn, you're stupid. If the teacher had to take the 15 minutes to make "each child comfortable" with the prayer/ritual of their choice, there goes the school day.
Can't Christian kids get up early to pray at home BEFORE school? Mine did.
Well it just took me 25 seconds to say the Lords prayer, not 15 minutes. I think we could afford a short time for each faith.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#310525 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that it the law. You just seem so preoccupied with sex.
Your belief does not make it law.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310526 Sep 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what....SO DOES MINE.
I refuse to kill a human within me, unless I'm exercising my right to self defense.
Do you get that at all?
How my opinion shapes my behavior?
Here's the deal. "The right thing" and "The wrong thing" ARE SUBJECTIVE. I TRULY believe that I don't have the moral authority to subsume another person's morality into my own.
I'm glad there are laws regulating abortion. I'm crushed that they aren't enforced, in a way that KEEPS abortion safe for women who need it. I refuse to condemn the women for whom I "approve" abortion, to the necessity for seeking it outside the law, by supporting legislation which may prevent them from accessing it. If that makes me a monster, Ink, so be it. I'll not be telling other women not to do what I did. My embryo is just as dead as theirs will be, and they're the ones who are charged with making that decision.
Once you understand that, you may be able to quit smacking others in an attempt to justify your stance. At least, I hope so, for your sake.
Why do you refuse the child within you?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310527 Sep 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What, so you would encourage every child to pray as the spirit moves them, as the leader of a group prayer in every public school, every day? Every class period? Every minute?
Because that's what it would entail, honey. Personally, I think excluding group prayer across the board is more sensible...but maybe you'd LIKE the entire schoolday to be taken up by prayer...
No, just once before they start their studies.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310528 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I was thinking about the time factor and the school day. I have no problem if children of all religions arrived at school early enough to worship in their own way.
Pin another cookie on you. I have no problem with kids praying silently all day long, if that's what fries their chicken, but I have a SERIOUS problem with them being required to pray any certain prayer, led by anyone, for any length of time, at a public school. So do most of us, and that's why it's not allowed.

As far as I'm concerned, prayer is personal, not public.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#310529 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I was thinking about the time factor and the school day. I have no problem if children of all religions arrived at school early enough to worship in their own way.
Your suggestion only seems to take what you want into consideration. Do you have any clue how many times per day Muslims are MANDATED by their religion to pray? Your religion doesn't even mandate prayer, but here you are thinking that your religious freedom is being suffocated.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310530 Sep 8, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, she would, and, because she thinks that it's only Christians that would exercise that privilege, she and her fellow godbots fantasize that it would result in lots of safely uneducated Christians trudging lockstep with her lawd's freaky teachings.
You don't need to speak for me, as you can hardly speak for yourself.

I hardly think it would only be Christians. Do you think only Christians talk to God. I guess you wouldn't really know.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310531 Sep 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you to determine the appropriate length or running time of a prayer??
And if every religion in every school was accommodated with 'prayer time', there wouldn't be any time left for academics.
You're an idiot.
I think each group as a consideration to others should keep it short and sweet.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#310532 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it just took me 25 seconds to say the Lords prayer, not 15 minutes. I think we could afford a short time for each faith.
And you can say it under your breath.

No need to alter everyone schedules or separate all the students based on their respective, religious backgrounds or beliefs.

Send your kids to a private, religious institution and stop whining about how your religious rights are being taken away when they are not.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310533 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that according to the Constitution, you should be allowed to pray anywhere.
And, according to the Constitution, you are, Witless. Already. What you are NOT allowed to do is to infringe on the civil rights of others.

Again, HOW can you claim religion has been "banished" from schools, where the students are allowed to pray in a group around the flagpole at the start of the day, they teach religion classes, and have Bible Clubs?

You are truly an idiot.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310534 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think each group as a consideration to others should keep it short and sweet.
Even if "each group" kept it "short and sweet", how much time would be left for actual SCHOOL WORK? Are you really unaware of just how many religions may be represented in any one classroom, you Moron?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310535 Sep 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Pin another cookie on you. I have no problem with kids praying silently all day long, if that's what fries their chicken, but I have a SERIOUS problem with them being required to pray any certain prayer, led by anyone, for any length of time, at a public school. So do most of us, and that's why it's not allowed.
As far as I'm concerned, prayer is personal, not public.
I didn't say required and you know it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310536 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're too stupid to realize there may be as many as a dozen different religions in any given classroom, and that it takes FAR longer to get a group of kids to settle down to do anything together, especially when you ALSO have to quiet those who AREN'T participating in that activity. And you'd have to repeat the process every single time.

Much simpler to let each child pray silently when they wish.

Why do you believe prayers need to be said out loud? Don't they work if they're not?

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#310537 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that according to the Constitution, you should be allowed to pray anywhere.
Good morning "Ink!"

Hope this morning finds you well.

I see we've got a rather "spirited" discussion going on already, and that you're in the thick of it...
I'm rather curious, with regards to your statement above, do you feel that same of freedom ought to be extended to atheists as well?
By that, I mean, do you feel they should have the freedom to not be subjected to others "praying" around them?
This is a question that's solely out of curiosity, and not meant to imply anything whatsoever.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310538 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if "each group" kept it "short and sweet", how much time would be left for actual SCHOOL WORK? Are you really unaware of just how many religions may be represented in any one classroom, you Moron?
No, how many?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310539 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, how many?
How many MAY there be? One for each child in the classroom. Apparently YOU are unaware of just how many different religions there are.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310540 Sep 8, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning "Ink!"
Hope this morning finds you well.
I see we've got a rather "spirited" discussion going on already, and that you're in the thick of it...
I'm rather curious, with regards to your statement above, do you feel that same of freedom ought to be extended to atheists as well?
By that, I mean, do you feel they should have the freedom to not be subjected to others "praying" around them?
This is a question that's solely out of curiosity, and not meant to imply anything whatsoever.
Hi John

I get so sick talking about abortion. Tried something new.

I am going for a moment of silence now. That shouldn't offend anybody.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310541 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
How many MAY there be? One for each child in the classroom. Apparently YOU are unaware of just how many different religions there are.
Not likely.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#310542 Sep 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
No need. Take care of personal things on your own time. You want your kids to be able to pray in school then send your kids to private schools. Your rights are not being minimalized. Your religion does not MANDATE that one must pray before going to school.
Recess is being cut out of school days, music, art and PE are experiencing cuts, but Ink thinks that time should be allotted for prayer. Prayer can and is performed quietly and privately in schools all the time, on a student's time between classes. It's unnecessary and intrusive to make it an official part of the school day. Ink is a silly, ridiculous little person with some of the stupidest notions written here.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310544 Sep 8, 2013
John on the same subject.

I just think we have become a country full of offended people. I don't understand the lack of tolerance for other's religions or lack of. If you believe something strongly that isn't shared by another poster, you are an idiot, moron, stupid or worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens 7 min silly rabbit 11
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min JOEL 68,954
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,099,857
Drunken man sucker punches Allentown cop during... 8 hr atown cops lie 5
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 14 hr bacon hater 51,299
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 17 hr Knows he lost 3,921
morning call online looks worse Wed Joe 2
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
Allentown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Allentown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••