Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
1 - 20 of 305,446 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
First Prev
of 15273
Next Last
LIer

Torrington, CT

#1 Jan 22, 2008
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tom

Ronkonkoma, NY

#3 Jan 22, 2008
So exactly who is going to care for and raise the children who's mothers know better than to think they can succesfully raise a healthy baby? The Pro-Life Activists? I think not. Instead of wasting so much time causing near traffic accidents with your goofy signs, why not volunteer to care for the children who's mothers abandoned them rather than abort?
Pro-Lifers have no right to tell people what to do with their bodies and their lives.
I am an advocate of safe sex (abstinence is unrealistic). However, for the young girls out there that are torn by the decision of what to do during pregnancy, listen to and follow your heart.. not these wackadoo extremists that think they have any right to choose for you.
At the same time, for those with multiple abortions, get your tubes tied.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pompano Fred

Dade City, FL

#4 Jan 22, 2008
No one wins when an abortion happens. That having been said, it is no one's right to tell another what their decision must be about very personal matters.

The right wingers will march as they may and cry "murder, most foul!".....that doesn't make it so. Life begins long before conception, but we haven't outlawed certain wastage practices prior to conception. Sustainable life may begin closer to 20 weeks gestation in most cases. Those who believe that it begins at the moment of conception have had that notion handed to them by some (arbitrary) arbiter of these things...for there is no verse in the Good Book that says "life begins at x weeks."

Very few of us advocate the notion that abortion makes everyone involved happier. It doesn't. Abortion should be avoided whenever possible for fairly obvious reasons. It may in some circumstances be the lesser of two evils and I don't propose to tell anyone what decisions they ought to make. The consequences of personal decision should remain the consequences of personal choice. It may not be a Roman notion, but it is a quintessential American idea.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 07

United States

#5 Jan 22, 2008
chooselife wrote:
<quoted text>Most are at the march either in Washington or San Franscisco. JMHO
There is one in Nebraska this weekend.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lilrabbitfoofoo

Elkton, MD

#6 Jan 22, 2008
LIer wrote:
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".
What's to post about? They're about 35 years too late. Abortion isn't going to be repealed. Never in history has a civil right been taken AWAY from people. Its simply not going to happen. More restrictions? Maybe, but that also wont stop anyone that wants one.

Education would help reduce the perceived necessity of abortion. Sadly, most that are against abortion are also against manditory education.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
VoteVets Org

Hackensack, NJ

#8 Jan 22, 2008
Newt Gingrich and his neo-con Republicans took control of Congress back in 1994 to 2006.

Bush stole the election in 2000 and most of his years he had a Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican Governors of most States and Republicans in most State Houses all across America.

Plus the Supreme Court has been Republican for decades.

The Republican party could have overturned Roe v. Wade for many years and they did not.

Republicans need that issue for votes so I believe they will never pass that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“LimoBarbie”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Jan 22, 2008
The right to choose is the law of the land. Deal with it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Smile your mother chose life”

Since: Sep 07

Peace begins in the womb

#12 Jan 22, 2008
knit and pray wrote:
<quoted text>There is one in Nebraska this weekend.
That is great! We have one but its called the life chain but its latter in the year. Are you going to attend or participate?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Smile your mother chose life”

Since: Sep 07

Peace begins in the womb

#13 Jan 22, 2008
Limo Barbie wrote:
Then you can deal with the creator of the land and of life.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mr International

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jan 22, 2008
Lets kill more in Iraq, thats more moral, we can blame the "Terrorists"
While were at it why not nuke Iran, I mean what would Jesus do?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CHOCOLATE BABIES

United States

#16 Jan 22, 2008
Limo Barbie wrote:
Yes, but why is your choice always death?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17 Jan 22, 2008
CHOCOLATE BABIES wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this even mean?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dennis Embo

United States

#18 Jan 23, 2008
"Thousands?"
Try "tens of thousands." (Last year's crowd was estimated around 200,00.)
This massive demonstration yesterday (I was there. A mass of people, mostly under 40 years of age, curb to curb as far as the eye could see, marching up Constitution Ave.) certainly dwarfed the "thousands" gathered last fall in D.C. to protest the Iraq war (that elicited front page coverage in all the dailies, and "top story" on the network news programs. But in the clueless universe of entertainews, Iraq (and those ubiquitous celebs) always get front page priority. Pro-life events like the March for Life get nada.
I suspect when the media tries to cover this story they see the overwhelmingly *youthful* face of this movement and its growing force, and they get afraid, very afraid. Better to go into denial than to face the reality that "pro-choice" is aging badly and becoming a very UN-popular position in American society.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Arawak

Durham, NC

#19 Jan 23, 2008
All you abortion right activist are a bunch of hypocrites seeking a attention.

If human life is so valuable, why aren't you all in the trailor parks and ghetto's saving babies who are ALIVE!

Instead you focus on fetus who are not even viable.

In other words, you protect the egg but don't give a hoot about the chicken.

You all need to go find some other cause because no one is buying your true intent.

Do I get an Amen.

Amen brother, preach brother.

Pastor Arawak

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Arawak

Durham, NC

#22 Jan 23, 2008
KEKE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Moron,
If they are "abortion rights" activists they wouldn't be trying to save the unborn.
Typical anti-life fool.
There are plenty of resources for unborn children and their mothers. These people "choose" to take the easy way out.
Okay, so I slipped. All you anti abortion wackos, why don't you get a life, and go save a life in the trailer parks and ghettos? No camera's there huh?

You're all a bunch of wanna be's seeking the spotlight.

What will it be next week? Trying to save the cockroach?

You dummies have a right over your own bodies, come try and exercise it over mine......okay then....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Len

Jersey City, NJ

#23 Jan 23, 2008
CHOCOLATE BABIES wrote:
<quoted text>
The choice is NOT always death, that's why it is a choice. Look at China, they're aborting left and right over there. Why don't the anti-choice people take their signs and their self-righteousness and go picket over there ???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Len

Jersey City, NJ

#24 Jan 23, 2008
chooselife wrote:
<quoted text>Then you can deal with the creator of the land and of life.
Fine, as a free people, we have the right to choose to face the Lord at the end of our lives to deal with what we've done (if he really exists). Given that right, we also have the right not to listen to the self-righteous as they strive to take away the right to choose.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Len

Jersey City, NJ

#25 Jan 23, 2008
I took a friend to a clinic for counseling as her b/f was out of town (She ended up not getting an abortion after talking to the counselor at Planned Parenthood). It's amazing how these self-absorbed nuts flock to you quoting biblical verse and ranting about how we're all going to H*LL even though they had NO idea why we were there. It was good that she had the option to choose. I will always support that option regardless of what the self-appointed saints tell us.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WHO CARES

United States

#28 Jan 23, 2008
Isn't it amazing that WE who have already been born and avoided being ABORTED can think it is OK to ABORT a child, fetus, whatever you want to call it ????

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
VoteVets Org

United States

#26 Jan 23, 2008
Newt Gingrich and his neo-con Republicans took control of Congress back in 1994 to 2006.

Bush stole the election in 2000 and most of his years he had a Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican Governors of most States and Republicans in most State Houses all across America.

Plus the Supreme Court has been Republican for decades.

The Republican party could have overturned Roe v. Wade for many years and they did not.

Republicans need that issue for votes so I believe they will never pass that.

==========

BAMBOOZLED AMERICANS
Americans are the most uninformed peoples in the free world.
http://beawitness.org/splash/
With All Due Respect,
Eric Arthur Blair

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15273
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,100,084
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL 68,967
Drunken man sucker punches Allentown cop during... 1 hr silly rabbit 7
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens 8 hr silly rabbit 11
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 22 hr bacon hater 51,299
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Thu Knows he lost 3,921
morning call online looks worse Wed Joe 2
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
•••

Allentown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE