Pawlenty, Romney will not be McCain's running mate

John McCain kept his vice presidential pick a closely guarded secret hours before the high-stakes announcement Friday as top prospects seemed to drop away and speculation moved to darkhorse candidate Alaska ... Full Story
Sound Reasoning

Allentown, PA

#48 Aug 29, 2008
Gary wrote:
It's a done deal now. It gives Hillary supporters somewhere to go.
Congratulatins McCain.
Yep, exactly.

Hillary supporters who claimed that would not vote for Obama, comprise almost 25% of the Democrats who actually vote. That is a HUGE voting block.

If even 1/2 of that 25% defect over to the Republican ticket, now that there is a woman on their ticket, McCain just won.
Homer

Manassas, VA

#49 Aug 29, 2008
She's already in the middle of a scandal:

'Palin's sister divorced a cop, and they tried to get the cop fired, but his boss wouldn't fire him. So Palin apparently got the boss fired. It would look like a partisan witch-hunt, but the Republican state congress is doing the investigations.'

“Ahhhhh! R&R!”

Since: Mar 07

Coatesville

#50 Aug 29, 2008
You've got that right! I never heard of her!
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure does wrap it up. I almost feel sorry for the poor thing, Biden will eat her alive in the debate.
memyselfandi

Allentown, PA

#51 Aug 29, 2008
Adam Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So true, the presidental nominees should have both picked someone that will get them fewer votes. So Obama doesn't think that Biden will help him in SE PA? Please.
McCain sells himself as a "Maverick" I harldy see this pick as being a maverick, but as pandering...and that is what he has done through the whole process.

Remember when he was out of the running early on in the primaries? What did he do to get a boost? He changed his tone and said what he thought needed to be said to make the republicans happy.

I respected him right up until he did that. Honestly thought he was going to be different and thought his VP pick would show that.... but he failed.
AWESOME

Allentown, PA

#52 Aug 29, 2008
Sound Reasoning wrote:
<quoted text>
It is one of the most brilliant strategies, I have seen in politics in a very long time.
Add to all the great reasons you already listed, the Democrats have dangled a woman for their ticket in front of us, first as the most likely Presidential candidate and then as their VP candidate. Now, the Republicans actually DELIVER a woman onto their ticket. Completely from "left field"; I mean no one at all saw this coming.
Absolutely brilliant strategy!
I now honestly feel that McCain will win. What a difference a day makes.
My thoughts exactly! As a women I'm so excited! A woman who is capable and doesn't think she deserves/expects it!
Sound Reasoning

Allentown, PA

#53 Aug 29, 2008
MILF LOVER wrote:
Try Wickapedia says she was a highschool basketball star and runner up in Miss Alaska pageant sat on City Council. Yep that qualifies you to be president.
Don't forget that Palin made her name in part by backing tough ethical standards for politicians. During the first legislative session after her election as Governor, her administration passed a state ethics law overhaul.

IMHO, both Republican and Democratic voters, want to see a similar overhaul happen in Washington.
LOL

Houston, TX

#55 Aug 29, 2008
She has chief executive LEADERSHIP experience as governor of a state. When has Obama ever been a chief executive of anything?
memyselfandi wrote:
<quoted text>
If anything, this took the air out of McCains argument of age/experience being an issue.
He basically picked someone with LESS experience than Obama, and she is next in line if something happens to McCain (who would be the oldest 1st termer).
He needed someone with WAY more experience than Obama to drive home the fact that age/experience matters. This pick says the opposite of that.
As for her conservative values, they hardly kill the dems. ANY VP pick by McCain would have many of the same values....that's why there are 2 parties in the first place.
MR BOTTSWADDLE

Washington, DC

#56 Aug 29, 2008
http://www.baldwin08.com/

VOTE---Send the GOP a MESSAGE...DON'T waste your vote!!!
LOL

Houston, TX

#57 Aug 29, 2008
Source?

She "apparently" got the boss fired? Wow, this sounds like hard news. LOL
Homer wrote:
'Palin's sister divorced a cop, and they tried to get the cop fired, but his boss wouldn't fire him. So Palin apparently got the boss fired. It would look like a partisan witch-hunt, but the Republican state congress is doing the investigations.'
Jersey

Allentown, PA

#58 Aug 29, 2008
BullHalsey62 wrote:
WHAT AN AWESOME GAL...
She makes every Dem look like a lazy freak
Her husband works for BP (more Big Oil, Yeah!), Pro-Life, Pro-Gun... absoulute right wing. Ethics investigation... More of the same.

You're right, awesome gal. Just a good lookin Dick Chenney.
MR BOTTSWADDLE

Washington, DC

#59 Aug 29, 2008
MILF LOVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Try Wickapedia says she was a highschool basketball star and runner up in Miss Alaska pageant sat on City Council. Yep that qualifies you to be president.
...and a Governor for 1 WHOLE YEAR!!

http://www.baldwin08.com/
Dirty Snare

AOL

#60 Aug 29, 2008
Let the games begin.
~xXx~
David J. Bhaltazhar Esq.
Internal Affairs
Top Diner, USA

“Does it really Matter”

Since: May 07

Sunnyville USA

#61 Aug 29, 2008
JMcgo1979 wrote:
Boy, the McCain camp was quick to point out how inexperienced Obama was and then they pick this. This goes to show how McCain uses his "poor judgment" like he did when he was a part of the Keating five.
Not only that, but why choose a 44 year old who is less experienced then Obama when you are turning 72 today? Um that makes me think that the odds are 50/50 that McCain may not live to finish his term. Then she would run the country?
LOL

Houston, TX

#62 Aug 29, 2008
Although Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens was the one fighting for federal pork barrel spending for the bridge, it was Governor Palin who cancelled the project in Setember 2007.
BELFASTBOB wrote:
what the heck was he thinking? talk about a desperation move. i want to hear her explanation on the bridge to no-where.
Bob

Fogelsville, PA

#63 Aug 29, 2008
Oh my, if Joe Scarborough is any indication, most of the GOP are having a collective stroke. McCain just blew the 'experience' argument to pieces, she's held office for all of one year seven months. Anyone that can imagine this woman taking over the reins if the old man drops dead is delusional. And the debate with Biden...I almost feel sorry for her.
Homer

Manassas, VA

#64 Aug 29, 2008
LOL wrote:
Source?
She "apparently" got the boss fired? Wow, this sounds like hard news. LOL
<quoted text>
http://www.usatoday.com/news/n ation/2008-07-28-2614737237_x. htm

'The Legislative Council, which is made up of seven members each from the House and Senate, approved $100,000 for the investigation that is expected to take place over the next several months.'

Abuse of power anyone?
Matt

Paulsboro, NJ

#65 Aug 29, 2008
A historic day for the GOP.

This is a great pick and it will help McCain connect with a lot of new middle class families.
Good Looker

Allentown, PA

#66 Aug 29, 2008
Um no wrote:
<quoted text>
Bahahaha. Except Palin isn't the Pres. nominee.
And the McCain camp has the same amount of change as Obama.
She is good looking but not qualified at all and McCain will be the oldest president to takew office. Things are looking up for Obama... This decision just cost him the white house...
Um no

Florham Park, NJ

#67 Aug 29, 2008
Homer wrote:
lol That's all you've got? You don't think they completely considered this before selecting her?

She's done good things in a short time. You wanted change? Here's change.
joe poli

AOL

#68 Aug 29, 2008
I'm a Marxist and I'm voting for Obama. I agree with everything Rev Wright said about America, that we deserved 9/11! Obama went to his church for 20 years and I know he agrees with the reverend, that is why I am voting for Obama!!!

I also like Biden because he has been in the Senate for 36 years. I look abound and thank him for all the problems he has solved. Biden can take credit for the greatness of America today. I especially like the fact that Biden voted to keep taxing Social Security benefits. Heck, I love paying taxes because I want to do my part!

I hope my fellow Obama supporters give me their opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Yeah 1,153,965
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr The world is waiting 306,982
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 71,012
Allentown Skyline Grows With 15-Story Office Co... 21 hr A-town Observer 1
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Thu Careless Crecca 69
Traffic circle studied for Allentown's Hamilton... Thu silly rabbit 1
Sex offender allegedly stalks Allentown boy for... Thu silly rabbit 1

Allentown News Video

Allentown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Allentown News, Events & Info