Allentown hockey arena project to be ...

Allentown hockey arena project to be detailed at 3 open houses

There are 372 comments on the NJ.com story from Nov 13, 2011, titled Allentown hockey arena project to be detailed at 3 open houses. In it, NJ.com reports that:

The City of Allentown is hosting three open houses to keep the public updated on the progress of the hockey arena project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NJ.com.

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Dreamers

UK

#1 Nov 13, 2011
What hockey rink? Thank God there is a lawsuit,
OSHA

United States

#2 Nov 15, 2011
A little to late for the publics opinion now that plans are complete and monies allocated. Just another deficit year for allentown with big plans for yet another losing downward spiral.

Since: Jun 07

Allentown Pa

#3 Nov 15, 2011
OSHA wrote:
A little to late for the publics opinion now that plans are complete and monies allocated. Just another deficit year for allentown with big plans for yet another losing downward spiral.
They're not asking for public opinion any longer. That part is long gone and over. Read the article. The open houses are for the public to get information on the project, updates on the project and progress of the project.
mike and ike

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Nov 15, 2011
sofa_king_cool wrote:
<quoted text>They're not asking for public opinion any longer. That part is long gone and over. Read the article. The open houses are for the public to get information on the project, updates on the project and progress of the project.
You got that right, they just went and illegally seized properties.
Kingbo

Ashburn, VA

#5 Nov 15, 2011
Yeah! The raping on Allentown. They should change the name to Pawlowskiville.

Since: Jun 07

Allentown Pa

#6 Nov 15, 2011
mike and ike wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right, they just went and illegally seized properties.
Illegally? This has been done for about 500 other arenas and stadiums across this country.
Roffle

Marietta, PA

#7 Nov 15, 2011
I believe Sofa is a Pawlowski family member. No one in the rest of the city supports this garbage except for the mayors cohorts.

And eminent domain IS illegal. That is, unless we are all simply surfs living on the government's land...
Wing Fu

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Nov 16, 2011
People like Sofa really only appreciate food, drink, a sporting event and whatever else they see as good times.

I often wonder if they ever condidet the misfortunes and challenges in life of others.

Too bad when your hobby is seeking pleasure from getting rid of "those people".
Chair Prince Luke Warm

Harrisburg, PA

#9 Nov 16, 2011
sofa_king_cool wrote:
<quoted text>Illegally? This has been done for about 500 other arenas and stadiums across this country.
...and 500 wrongs don't make a right you idiot.

Since: Jun 07

Allentown Pa

#10 Nov 17, 2011
Roffle wrote:
I believe Sofa is a Pawlowski family member. No one in the rest of the city supports this garbage except for the mayors cohorts.
And eminent domain IS illegal. That is, unless we are all simply surfs living on the government's land...
Eminent domain is illegal?
Read the 5th Amendment to the Constitution. The final line reads "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

The arena has public use, and the property owners are given just compensation. Making it perfectly legal.
Ijiot Knocker

Ashburn, VA

#11 Nov 18, 2011
Public use is the debating point. There will be an unequal distribution of profits and losses. Those with the greatest profit potential have the least loss potential. Public implies equality, this is not equal. The only thing public about this plan is the suffering we all will endure when this fools folly fails.
Springkey

Allentown, PA

#12 Nov 18, 2011
Does everyone realize that eminent domain was not used at all. The only thing that happened is that city council authorized the use of it is necessary. All properties were sold to the city at an agreed price between the two parties. Eminent Domain comes when the city takes the property without an agreement on price and has a court decide on the value. In this case that has not happened once. Eminent Domain was authorized by city council but was never used. So please drop the crying that the properties were taking illegally.
Ijiot Knocker

Ashburn, VA

#13 Nov 18, 2011
Yeah! I'm on 7th St the other day and this guy comes up to me, puts a gun to my head, and says "Give me all your money!". I do. So I guess I will just treat it like a charitable donation and write it off on my taxes this year.

Since: Jun 07

Allentown Pa

#14 Nov 19, 2011
Ijiot Knocker wrote:
Yeah! I'm on 7th St the other day and this guy comes up to me, puts a gun to my head, and says "Give me all your money!". I do. So I guess I will just treat it like a charitable donation and write it off on my taxes this year.
Yeah, lose the eminent domain argument and switch to this non sequitur.
Allentown Mike

Allentown, PA

#15 Nov 20, 2011
I've lived in Allentown for all of my 35 years. As a kid I walked to Hess's, The Nut Hut, and the Amazing store every weekend. Downtown WAS my home. Until recent history, the only reason to visit downtown was to pawn something, or to buy knock-off Nike gear. The owners of downtown properties have not done enough to make it a viable commercial environment, but this arena is a step in the right direction. Kudos to those involved! And a side Kudos to the Fegley family for opening and growing the Allentown Brew works...thanks for helping to FIX my downtown.

Oh and Roffle...it's spelled "serfs", unless you were talking about playing on the ocean?
you are an idiot

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Nov 20, 2011
sofa_king_cool wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, lose the eminent domain argument and switch to this non sequitur.
...eminent domain or no eminent domain, these people were bullied by an out of control mayor and his cronies into selling their properties....and you still can't change the fact that the place is a crime infested hell hole. You lost that argument two threads ago d bag.
Ijiot Hunter

Preston, UK

#17 Nov 20, 2011
No skunk rag! You toad pi** boys like to rationalize the warted face thug leader of yours Gestapo tactics.

I am telling you it ain't going to happen. JB Really and his buds will be standing in line at night for a bed at the mission.

They will ask "Who was that masked man?".

The Brooks Brothers are having second thoughts. Great mens clothing stores though, but a little too pricey for my Dutch a**.

Allentown Mike, I bet you believe Allentown water is the best around.
Cool it on the party line Kool Aide dweeb.

Since: Jun 07

Allentown Pa

#18 Nov 20, 2011
you are an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
...eminent domain or no eminent domain, these people were bullied by an out of control mayor and his cronies into selling their properties....and you still can't change the fact that the place is a crime infested hell hole. You lost that argument two threads ago d bag.
Then don't go. Better seats for me and the rest of the areas real hockey fans. 8500 seats will be filled every night.
Reality Check

Harrisburg, PA

#19 Nov 21, 2011
sofa_king_cool wrote:
<quoted text>Then don't go. Better seats for me and the rest of the areas real hockey fans. 8500 seats will be filled every night.
The place is going to need a lot more than minor league hockey to be worth building.
silly rabbit

United States

#20 Nov 21, 2011
sofa_king_cool wrote:
<quoted text>Then don't go. Better seats for me and the rest of the areas real hockey fans. 8500 seats will be filled every night.
Yea you you and all the local parasites that live off of robbing local mental health reciepients. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,524,006
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Snowman 313,998
News Downtown Allentown Restaurant Week kicks off Su... 14 hr silly rabbit 1
Maltamon blackmails boys; teens spanked 19 hr silly rabbit 6
News Allentown's Five City Center plans includes top... Fri silly rabbit 1
News Allentown council hopefuls debate war on crime ... (Apr '07) Fri silly rabbit 10
News Man guilty in fatal home invasion for K2 and money Fri silly rabbit 20

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages