Catasauqua Armed Robbery: Report of $3,000 taken at Catasauqua ...

Full story: The Morning Call

An armed robbery has been reported at the Catasauqua Scrap Yard on Race Street in Catasauqua.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mimi

Doylestown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

WHAT COLOR male? This is a first for the MC!
This Is Interesting

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

This seemed to happen before management came in.Or is this a policy change
JohnnyBird

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

What type of idiot keeps that much cash on hand. Issue checks to all the criminals who come in with stolen scrap.

Since: Mar 07

Allentown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Between 16 and 17 years old???
america

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

You Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fool, they article says the guy is black - not rican. Get your racism straight.
NO IS JUNK YARD RICAN HAHAHAHA THAT'S FUNNY I LIKE THAT JUNK YARD RICAN
Sasparilla Lips

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Some people down near 2nd and Turner just got a $3,000 stimulus package.
Scarletts Plantation

Albrightsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Justsaying wrote:
Maybe they should check the lower section of Front str...you know where the genius' opened all those lovely HUD homes. Im sure the project dwellers will be eating some good fried chicked tonight. Catty is going down the tubes quickly and its not because of the people that have been here for decades.
You sure got that right !
Scarletts Plantation

Albrightsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

mimi wrote:
WHAT COLOR male? This is a first for the MC!
How will they find this needle in a haystack?
Scarletts Plantation

Albrightsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

JohnnyBird wrote:
What type of idiot keeps that much cash on hand. Issue checks to all the criminals who come in with stolen scrap.
A rich one.

“DIRTY BIRDY”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Lenny Brisco wrote:
Wow a junkyard rican stealing, what will they think of next?? Search for a Toyoto, 8 to 10 inch stainless steel chimmney for exhaust, bobbleheads resembling Jesus on dash board, and 20 to 24 inch bass thumpers where rear seat would have been, crooks are wearing hoods with Puerto Rico flags for bandannas, if seen do not stop they are armed and the car will jump on you!!!
What an idiot!!!
If you knew how to read you would know the article says a black male between the ages of 16 and 17..
Donna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Well this is a first that I know of - stealing $$$ from a scrap yard & who in their right mind keeps that kind of cash right there???

What are they going to rob next??

Lately, I'm not surprised at any type of robbery - times are bad, and they are robbing left and right........
I know I wouldn't have the guts to attempt robbery - I'd rather go without my big screen TV........

I say it's someone that has been there before and knows all about whomever owns this scrap yard.......
Donna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

btw - where is this scrap yard located on Race Street in Catty - can't recall ever seeing it...
dahustler

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Justsaying wrote:
Maybe they should check the lower section of Front str...you know where the genius' opened all those lovely HUD homes. Im sure the project dwellers will be eating some good fried chicked tonight. Catty is going down the tubes quickly and its not because of the people that have been here for decades.
wrong catty been down the tubes -
dahustler

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Donna wrote:
btw - where is this scrap yard located on Race Street in Catty - can't recall ever seeing it...
it's off of race st mcall info suukks
REALLY

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Justsaying wrote:
I agree..... Catty is getting very bad !!!!!!!!!!
dahustler

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Justsaying wrote:
front st always was bad
junk yard dog

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

if you take race st towards whitehall, it is right by the train tracks, before the bridge into whitehall. right by catty bev.
Donna wrote:
West End Resident

Easton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Yup - inside info. They keep cash on hand to pay people that bring in the scrap metal. If there's 30 tons = 1-1/2 (big) truck loads in a day @$100 per ton (for steel) payment =$3,000 right there. SO it's not out of line. Of course, it just encourages "no records" sales of stolen scrap.

But look at the screen name of the poster above - whay, no "junkyard dog" here to discourage thieves ? Bet that would have stopped it !
jumbo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

who's the idiot here: the armed robber or the Owner who hands him 3-grand? give the low-life a hundred bucks, tell him that's all ya got and send him on his way.
aint gotta chance

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

shoot him what ever color he is.... DEAD....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Allentown Forum right now

Search the Allentown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,996
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TheIndependentMajority 1,033,782
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 44 min Liar Liz Plays the Victim 51,237
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr cpeter1313 303,190
Allentown property owners say they can?t afford... 9 hr Pitched Perfect 2
Upper Nazareth woman stole $94,000 from employe... (Mar '09) 16 hr silly rabbit 73
Property owners say they can?t afford city-orde... Wed silly rabbit 1
•••
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
•••

Allentown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE