Jelly Beans South Side bar closed?

Posted in the Allentown Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Bob Lazar

Catasauqua, PA

#1 Mar 9, 2009
I drove down Emmaus Ave. yesterday and it appears that Jelly Beans bar located at 5th and Emmaus Ave. has shut down. Anybody have any info on this?
Butch Nonnemaker

United States

#2 Mar 9, 2009
Perhaps if it was not a eagles bar it might have survived.
Truth can hurt

Allentown, PA

#3 Mar 9, 2009
Perhaps without smoking their business dropped significantly. Let's face it, neighborhood bars and smokers go hand in hand. By the way, I'm not a smoker.

“I get to see an Angel everyday”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown, PA

#4 Mar 9, 2009
Bummer. I used to do Karaoke there a long time ago. Was a nice little place.
Homer

United States

#5 Mar 9, 2009
Yes according to 69 News - http://wfmz.com/view/... - A popular South Allentown hangout didn't open for business last night, and its workers fear it's going to stay closed. Jellybeans Southside Jam on West Emmaus Avenue in Allentown is shut down. A bartender there tells 69 News the owner said that they just couldn't operate anymore. A sign on the door just says it's closed due to a "family emergency." The worker we spoke with says about 14 employees are affected. Our calls to the restaurant owner have not been returned.
Homer

United States

#6 Mar 9, 2009
censored w f m z .com
JOE CAMEL

United States

#7 Mar 9, 2009
the bar was smoking till the very end. I believe it was poor management.
Truth can hurt

Allentown, PA

#8 Mar 9, 2009
Smoking, yes. Till they got caught.
Emmaus resident

Palmerton, PA

#9 Mar 9, 2009
Butch Nonnemaker wrote:
Perhaps if it was not a eagles bar it might have survived.
True.
Brownie

Catasauqua, PA

#10 Mar 9, 2009
I was there every night falling off my stool...where do I go now?
Merill Reese

Catasauqua, PA

#11 Mar 9, 2009
Truth can hurt wrote:
Perhaps without smoking their business dropped significantly. Let's face it, neighborhood bars and smokers go hand in hand. By the way, I'm not a smoker.
I agre with you 100%

Rumor has it some narc and his wife ratted them out for still allowing smoking. I hope the jerk is happy now - he ruined it for everyone. The idiot would bring a small portable battery operated fan in the bar to blow the smoke away from him and his ugly wife.

Here's an idea, if the a-hole didn't like cigarette smoke, WHY DIDN'T HE STAY OUT OF A BAR??
Austins fat hussie

Catasauqua, PA

#12 Mar 9, 2009
JOE CAMEL wrote:
the bar was smoking till the very end. I believe it was poor management.
I agree, the fat guy with glasses running the place didn't know his a-- from a hole in the ground when it came to running the joint.
Captain Lovestar

Washington, DC

#14 Mar 10, 2009
they had half decent wings there.
WiseUp

Wilburton, PA

#15 Mar 10, 2009
Brownie wrote:
Go straight to detox.
Swinger Larry

Harrisburg, PA

#16 Mar 10, 2009
WiseUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Go straight to detox.
If you've ever been there, you know its where 90% of their patrons and employees belong.
Rock Machine

Harrisburg, PA

#17 Mar 10, 2009
I had a lot of good times there. Sad to see it go. I threw up on my shoes and pee'd my bed after many nights there.
Area 51 MIBs Local 2001

United States

#18 Mar 10, 2009
Yeah, we know, we were right behind you in the black Escalade with the dark tinted windows.
Bob Lazar wrote:
I drove down Emmaus Ave. yesterday and it appears that Jelly Beans bar located at 5th and Emmaus Ave. has shut down. Anybody have any info on this?
Scarletts Plantation

Palmerton, PA

#19 Mar 10, 2009
Area 51 MIBs Local 2001 wrote:
Yeah, we know, we were right behind you in the black Escalade with the dark tinted windows.
<quoted text>
Did you just leave the bar at the mountainville shopp'in center. Plenty of shoot'ins over there.
Scarletts Plantation

Palmerton, PA

#20 Mar 10, 2009
Brownie wrote:
Mountainville shopp'in center.
Aris T

Catasauqua, PA

#21 Mar 10, 2009
Jelly Beans was a cool place to stop in for a drink. There was one creepy guy that was constantly there though. He always wore a suit coat, wore glasses, and would do laps trolling around the bar looking at girl's underwear sticking out of the back of their pants. What a cheesey creep!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RiccardoFire 1,510,020
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 13 hr Dudley 8,077
News Allentown to pay abortion protesters : The Morn... (Apr '07) 14 hr silly rabbit 160
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr Mabinogi 313,678
News 3 Coordinated Health doctors accused of imprope... 14 hr silly rabbit 1
News Family: Garden Bros Circus comes to Allentown 18 hr silly rabbit 5
News 10 arrested in relation to prescription fraud i... 22 hr silly rabbit 9

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages