Allentown Police stop man threatening to jump -- themorningcall...

Allentown police were able to prevent a 41-year-old man from jumping off the 4th level of a parking deck in center city early today. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lucky Lucciano

Kintnersville, PA

#1 Aug 14, 2007
Good job A-town P.D.
web

Allentown, PA

#2 Aug 14, 2007
Nice work, our police face huge challenges and can be heroes too. They are not perfect but nobody is.
USA 1

Macungie, PA

#3 Aug 14, 2007
Great Job Officer SMITH!
Glad

Elkridge, MD

#4 Aug 14, 2007
I'm glad to hear that they won't release the name, the man obviously has enough problems without the embarrassment of what he's done.
Three Snakes

Allentown, PA

#5 Aug 14, 2007
I'm sure someone is going to blame the cops for the guy being up there in the first place.

“Listen - Looney Tunes”

Since: Mar 07

been around

#6 Aug 14, 2007
It's time we faced up tp the instability of those people that migrate here & abuse our resources. The downtown area has them just hanging out waiting to get into trouble! We should post signs to the nearest roof tops & offer incentatives to their welfare families if they complete the process.

Allentown PA

#8 Aug 14, 2007
I hope they bill this guy for the costs of the police and other government workers that were necessary.
joke

Dublin, PA

#11 Aug 14, 2007
What a shame he didnt jump. If more people would finish the job, A-Town may become a better place
Hello

Allentown, PA

#12 Aug 14, 2007
I would have left him jump :)

“Dirk Duncum”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

#13 Aug 14, 2007
RonMania wrote:
It's time we faced up tp the instability of those people that migrate here & abuse our resources. The downtown area has them just hanging out waiting to get into trouble! We should post signs to the nearest roof tops & offer incentatives to their welfare families if they complete the process.
How do you know he was from somewhere else? I have a friend who is from Allentown and is going through some serious mental issues. I thought it might even be my friend but he's 39 or 40. Mental illness affects many people. They do not neccessarily have to be from another town.
LISSYO7

Whitehall, PA

#14 Aug 14, 2007
Why you assume that he is illegal? You people allways crying about the taxes like you are the only one who pays them.
LISSYO7

Whitehall, PA

#15 Aug 14, 2007
It is so nice to judge and critized others when is not you relative or some one who you care. But let be one of you family member and let seee if you are going to suggest the same.How sad people done have a heart anymore. the police did a good job. I have a good heart i will never wish the worst for some one.

Since: Jun 07

Breinigsville, PA

#16 Aug 14, 2007
Wow, where is the compassion?
Nice Job APD

Fairport, NY

#17 Aug 14, 2007
For those of you who say - jump. Until you've been affected by or have known somebody, especially family, who has committed suicide you don't have any idea what it is like each day after they are gone. I hope you will never have to know.
watching

Allentown, PA

#18 Aug 14, 2007
rather than teaching are police how to talk these people into not jumping. I would contribute a couple bucks into teaching these same police, to approach all potentual jumpers and offer to shoot them are jump no other choice.

“Ahhhhh! R&R!”

Coatesville

#19 Aug 14, 2007
The compassion from some of you on here is scary.
remark

Northampton, PA

#20 Aug 14, 2007
this officer is a real moron.
But in this case he deserves praise for saving this guy's life.
Nice going.
beava

Allentown, PA

#22 Aug 14, 2007
How long before TMC sues to get the name of the jumper to print in their rag.

Allentown

#24 Aug 14, 2007
clcjtn wrote:
The compassion from some of you on here is scary.
Don't you know by now, this comment section is a haven for cowardly a-holes with no life, who find being an insensitive, ignorant, hate-spewing jackoff entertaining. It's easy to be a big brave loudmouth when you're hiding behind a keyboard.
Depression is an illness that people from every class, race, and socio-economic tier can suffer from. Until one of you gets a phone call that a love one took his or own life (or tried to) You should shut the eff up.
Gringo Starr

Tucson, AZ

#27 Aug 14, 2007
Sasha wrote:
Wow, where is the compassion?
I have lots of compassion.

I want to help these idiots do what they really want to do and save the Taxpayers money.

There's a time and there should be a place for everything. Like the 8th street bridge with a little cement landing area with a hose, drain and bullseye for easy clean-up.

That way everyone gets what they want.
It's win - win!!! What could be more compassionate?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min shinningelectr0n 1,153,192
Sex offender allegedly stalks Allentown boy for... 2 hr silly rabbit 1
Allentown City Council approves appointment of ... 2 hr silly rabbit 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr Pearl Jam 306,952
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr JOEL 70,988
Allentown's West End Theatre District wins award 17 hr silly rabbit 1
Shula's Steakhouse Coming to Downtown Allentown 17 hr silly rabbit 8

Allentown News Video

Allentown Dating
Find my Match