In interview with French TV, Obama sa...

In interview with French TV, Obama says Americans love all thin...

There are 113 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 2, 2009, titled In interview with French TV, Obama says Americans love all thin.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

President Barack Obama said Tuesday the American people love all things French and acknowledged his own penchant for Gallic food and wines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
phillydrifter

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jun 2, 2009
Is this the guy with the super hot wife?
James

Jackson Center, PA

#2 Jun 2, 2009
THATS weird! I always thought that America HATED those narcissistic French goofballs!
James

Jackson Center, PA

#3 Jun 2, 2009
Is this a JOKE??? Please tell me its a joke.
Change that really sux

Prescott, AZ

#4 Jun 2, 2009
We like all things French except the French people.
Franck

Paris, France

#5 Jun 3, 2009
LOL
French hate all things american
Jason Lee

United States

#6 Jun 3, 2009
phillydrifter wrote:
Is this the guy with the super hot wife?
Yep. Carla Sarkozy (formerly Carla Bruni).
Franck

Paris, France

#7 Jun 3, 2009
I do not agree : France is not one of the most important country in the world but THE MOST IMPORTANT
put ain la  jsuis vener
HaHa

Bowie, MD

#8 Jun 3, 2009
Its the french women that dont shave anything, right? I sure dont love hairy pits on a girl. You can keep that. I liked the part in french history where hitler made you guys sign your surrender in the same railcar used in WWI, priceless. Cheers!
hotrod41mag

United States

#9 Jun 3, 2009
france,isn't that one of the countries we had to throw out of our nation and have been carrying every time they get into trouble??
Nazi Pelosi

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jun 3, 2009
Franck wrote:
LOL
French hate all things american
Until their sorry arses need help.
Un-PC

Chicago, IL

#11 Jun 3, 2009
Come on Pres, don't cater to those cheese eating surrender monkeys.
LARRY

Quincy, FL

#12 Jun 3, 2009
THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT FRANCE IS THE UNDERGROUND IN WWII, AND FRENCH WOMENS ACCENT.
Mark

United States

#13 Jun 3, 2009
Very telling comments from Obama here. I have never been able to afford to go to France and Obama was able to tour through there during college. It's with these little comments that you realize where this guy is coming from. He has no idea what it's like to be an average American who's had to work for everything. Does anyone know how Obama paid for school? I would bet he's gotten a free ride most of his life. Can't imagine he worked summers in the car wash, but I don't want to rush to judgement.
Jason Lee

United States

#14 Jun 3, 2009
Un-PC wrote:
Come on Pres, don't cater to those cheese eating surrender monkeys.
"Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys"?

Isn't it a little odd that Groundskeeper Willie from the Simpsons has defined the French Nation for a generation of Americans?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese-eating_su...

Nevertheless, I have to admit, I love that phrase too.
socreblu

Centerton, AR

#15 Jun 3, 2009
How DARE that man speak for me, my friends and family! He also said America is almost a Muslim country! Seriously, you kidding me?
dlk

United States

#16 Jun 3, 2009
I read upon researching Obama for the Presidential candidancy, that the Saudi's actually paid for his college education. I am SURE all reports of that have now been erased from cyberspace. And since he was voted in, all those records are now locked up.
Yes Obama had a good monetary upbringing, although he himself refuses to admit that fact.
Reality Czech

United States

#17 Jun 3, 2009
dlk wrote:
I read upon researching Obama for the Presidential candidancy, that the Saudi's actually paid for his college education. I am SURE all reports of that have now been erased from cyberspace. And since he was voted in, all those records are now locked up.
Yes Obama had a good monetary upbringing, although he himself refuses to admit that fact.
Khalidi and Al Mansour.

Obama is a wahabbi plant.
JLEAR

AOL

#18 Jun 3, 2009
WHY ARE YOU ALL SO HATEFUL HERE....YOU TWIST EVERYTHING YOU READ AND YOUR SOURCES ARE REICH WING TO BEGIN WITH....OBAMA'S MOTHER AND GRAND PARENTS BELIEVED IN THE IMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION AND PART OF ONE'S EDUCATION SHOULD INCLUDE TRAVEL....THE DISAPPOINTING THING IS THAT YOU ALL WOULD CONSIDER YOURSELF TO BE CHRISTIANS.....YET,YOU'RE SO HATEFULLY JUDGEMENTAL AND RACIST....DO YOU BELIEVE JESUS WOULD CONDONE THAT TYPE BEHAVIOR TOWARDS YOUR FELLOW MAN?
BY THE WAY ,IT WAS FRANCE WHO GAVE US THE STATUE OF LIBERTY AND IT WAS THEY WHO HELPED US DURING THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR AGAINST ENGLAND..

“Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite!”

Since: Feb 07

Rivercatville

#20 Jun 3, 2009
I am so happy and proud to have such an intelligent and sophisticated President, after 8 long years of rule by that smirking punk fratboy Bush. I love how he drives you ignorant right-wing wackos into ever-more hysterical fits of lunacy.

BTW, I have known my share of hot, tight French women, both with hairy pits and without, and I would much rather be with either than lay with a typical 250-lb. fat, stupid American woman. They can shave all they want, but they'll still smell like pudding, stale beer, and cheap perfume.
Mark

Torrance, CA

#22 Jun 3, 2009
JLear:
I'm not being hateful at all. I'm just asking the question as to who paid for his schooling to figure out what his frame of reference is. He's a smart and talented guy with a lot of gifts and his Ivy league education is something I would love to have for my kids some day. I think though that if you grow up in an environment where everything is given to you, you are likely to believe that everyone else got to be where they are the same way, i.e. "Some guys are lucky and some aren't." The fact that most Americans have clawed their way to wherever they are through hard work can be a hard concept to grasp for someone with such an elite background. I suspect that both Barack and Michelle have this same perspective.

On a related note, its ironic that the increase in taxes led by the Obama administration may make the dream of an Ivy League education for my kids an almost impossible one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,421,386
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 min John-K 311,631
police trying to hide there crime (May '07) 2 hr silly rabbit 3
News 4 City Men Charged With Drug Distribution (Jun '07) 10 hr silly rabbit 2
News Rite Aid opens in Allentown 22 hr silly rabbit 1
News Allentown celebrates state grant to boost Seven... (Apr '07) Tue silly rabbit 4
News Allentown to install camera network (May '07) Tue silly rabbit 58

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages