Allentown man charged in fatal car crash

Allentown man charged in fatal car crash

There are 19 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 11, 2008, titled Allentown man charged in fatal car crash. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Allentown police charged a 23-year-old city man with homicide by vehicle after he fled from a rollover crash on Basin Street this weekend that left his passenger dead, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

thinking and typing

Elkton, MD

#2 Aug 11, 2008
I bet he feels like a POS
Preserved

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Aug 11, 2008
name wrote:
"...accidents involving death while not properly licensed". You mean I can purchase a license that will allow me to cause deaths accidentally? And I thought I was a big old Fag !!!.
At least your honest
mommy

Lansdowne, PA

#4 Aug 11, 2008
He should feel like a POS, but I bet you he doesn't.
thinking and typing

Elkton, MD

#5 Aug 11, 2008
mommy wrote:
He should feel like a POS, but I bet you he doesn't.
He has to a little or he wouldn't have turned himself in.
BASIN STREET BLUES

United States

#6 Aug 11, 2008
this road is a free-for-all. cars easily come down s. 4 st and race that light and can be going 60 mph by the time they get to
MLK intersection. we desperately need police presence !
Michael

Allentown, PA

#7 Aug 11, 2008
I think it was a smart move. I've seen accidents like this in Allentown, and the first thing the survivors do is wipe the car clean of all the drugs and guns in it and take off. Plus they've probably sobered up or came off their high when they turn themselves in. They therefore beat the counts of driving while impaired, possession, intent to deliver, unlicensed weapons, and so on. Leaving an accident scene is a slap on the wrist compared to those.
read correctly

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Aug 11, 2008
Obamulado wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, he pulled a Ted Kennedy.
Geez, Must everything be turned into political fodder!!!! I'm sure the accident was McCain's fault, no wait, I'm sure it was Obama's fault, no wait, McCain, no Obama...
Triple K

Slatington, PA

#12 Aug 11, 2008
thinking and typing wrote:
I bet he feels like a POS
I bet he is a P O S
Triple K

Slatington, PA

#13 Aug 11, 2008
Didnt know an Accent could go 50 mph, bet he had a chimney pipe for an exhaust!!! I bet it sounded like a bee, I bet he had a Jesus Bobblehead on the dash..I bet it had a 6 foot high wing on the back as well OH and a rosary hanging from the mirror..
Any color

Allentown, PA

#15 Aug 11, 2008
You guys can find any reason to hate. I recall the guy who ran over a pedestrian near Shepherd Hills and got off because he claimed he didn't see the guy. Most people on this site thought the guy was full of crap, but nobody got all ethnic about it.
Carol

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Aug 11, 2008
Years ago a MAN would own up to his responsibility. Now a days men are pretty much a bunch of cowards. I know I am being broad in that statement but its true.
snowman Allentown PA

Nazareth, PA

#18 Aug 11, 2008
BASIN STREET BLUES wrote:
this road is a free-for-all. cars easily come down s. 4 st and race that light and can be going 60 mph by the time they get to
MLK intersection. we desperately need police presence !
Wait until the fuzzy mayor with the fabulous ideas starts his new project, in about six months.
Lisette

Bethlehem, PA

#19 Aug 11, 2008
He didnt leave his passenger dead. He didnt know he was dead he got scared and he ran. He Knew he was going to jail so he went to say bye to his daughter and his Family. OK
george orwell

Highland, NY

#20 Aug 11, 2008
another hero for the morning call

hollywood heros: larry flynt, roman polanksi, castro, hanoi jane.

morning call heros: jameel clark the drug dealer, the illegal alien who got killed, and now maybe this guy.
Michael

Allentown, PA

#21 Aug 11, 2008
Lisette wrote:
He didnt leave his passenger dead. He didnt know he was dead. He Knew he was going to jail so he went to say bye to his daughter and his Family. OK
Did he think he was holding his breath? I can't believe we allow people this stupid to procreate. Wouldn't his daughter be included in "his family"? I don't suppose he had a wife though. Is that how you care for your daughter, speeding around town without a license late at night?
Brian

Lansdale, PA

#22 Aug 11, 2008
The Lehigh County District Attorneys office is a total sham. A couple of years back a young women by the name of Sheena Villa was murdered by a drunk driver. The Father of the Man who was charged in this case was a close friend with DA James Martin. Now this young man Admitted to the police during interviews he experienced blackouts when he drank. It proved malice when he got behind the wheel knowing this prior. He should have been charged with 3rd degree murder. He walked out of jail and went to the Carribean for 10 days. A witness and passenger (Boy friend) ran away from the Accident without rendering aid to the victim. No charges were filed against him. Here we have guy racing with his pals. A very impulsive and stupid thing to do , i agree, but setting his bail at $300,000.00. Are you kidding me? If James Martin wanted to tell the Community how he feels about minorities he did it here. If your White and you have money and you know James Martin then you can do business and get away with murder in Allentown. If not, then let's hang him high!
thinking and typing

Elkton, MD

#23 Aug 12, 2008
Triple K wrote:
Didnt know an Accent could go 50 mph, bet he had a chimney pipe for an exhaust!!! I bet it sounded like a bee, I bet he had a Jesus Bobblehead on the dash..I bet it had a 6 foot high wing on the back as well OH and a rosary hanging from the mirror..
Don't forget the Jesus fish emblem on the back.
Oh' and the flag hanging with the rosary.
Preserved

Bethlehem, PA

#24 Aug 12, 2008
Brian wrote:
The Lehigh County District Attorneys office is a total sham. A couple of years back a young women by the name of Sheena Villa was murdered by a drunk driver. The Father of the Man who was charged in this case was a close friend with DA James Martin. Now this young man Admitted to the police during interviews he experienced blackouts when he drank. It proved malice when he got behind the wheel knowing this prior. He should have been charged with 3rd degree murder. He walked out of jail and went to the Carribean for 10 days. A witness and passenger (Boy friend) ran away from the Accident without rendering aid to the victim. No charges were filed against him. Here we have guy racing with his pals. A very impulsive and stupid thing to do , i agree, but setting his bail at $300,000.00. Are you kidding me? If James Martin wanted to tell the Community how he feels about minorities he did it here. If your White and you have money and you know James Martin then you can do business and get away with murder in Allentown. If not, then let's hang him high!
Im white and I have money !!! Lets keep him as long as we can !!!
Paz

Whitehall, PA

#25 Oct 15, 2008
People need to stop with the insults, racist, and negative feedback. Accidents happen, u dont all no what happened so dont assume. Stop gettin on people for things like this. Mistakes and accidents happen. About the passenger. RIP. im sure he didnt want them to die. KEEP THE PEACE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min Cheech the Conser... 1,600,704
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 49 min cpeter1313 317,468
News Northwestern Academy: boy escapes from Northwes... (May '09) 3 hr weapon X 54
News Abortion protesters were 'menacing' : The Morni... (Apr '07) 10 hr weapon X 29
News Body of 77-year-old woman missing from nursing ... 16 hr weapon X 1
News Group aims to put up homeless families in churches Tue schizoaffective 1
News Pa. Arson Suspects: Ghosts Ordered Barn Fire (Apr '16) Sep 17 weapon X 22

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages