North Whitehall scraps ATV amendment

North Whitehall supervisors have scrapped a controversial amendment to township's recreational vehicle ordinance, but will soon draft a new version. Full Story
Ratz Sass

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Aug 8, 2009
They need to ban these nuisence vehicles altogether. Noisy, wrecking the environment, scaring pets and often misused in ways that cause serious injuries, the ATV has no place in the suburbs. Restrict them to golf courses and deserts.
Honky Lips

Allentown, PA

#2 Aug 8, 2009
I object to the fact that Lisa Young thought we didn't know that motorcycles aren't covered under the ordinance.

Registered, insured and Licensed vehicles fall under Penn DOT jurisdiction,though I AM amazed that SHE knew that.
Ratz Sass

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Aug 8, 2009
Well, it can get confusing, when you see all these kids driving their ATVs criss-crossing the streets or cruising along the shoulder of the road. They look and sound just like motorcyclists.
hahaha

AOL

#4 Aug 8, 2009
I really think that everyone should mind their own business and live their own lives, everyone has their own enjoyments in life and ATV's is one of ours. What you may think is a nuisence may not be one to me; as what I may think is a nuisence may not be to you. Last I checked this is a free country and who are you to dictate to us what we can and cannot do on our properties we are tax payers just as you are; so what is fair for one is fair for all! If you can't enjoy life then go buy a bubble to live in don't take someone elses happiness away just because you are miserable in your own life!
hahaha

AOL

#5 Aug 8, 2009
Ratz Sass wrote:
They need to ban these nuisence vehicles altogether. Noisy, wrecking the environment, scaring pets and often misused in ways that cause serious injuries, the ATV has no place in the suburbs. Restrict them to golf courses and deserts.
why don't you go live in an adult community or condo or even a bubble for that matter, get a life and worry about yourself and stop bothering others who have a life and like to enjoy it.
Ratz Sass

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Aug 8, 2009
ATVs are the one reason to legalize owning a bazooka.

I'm going to see if my NRA representative, Charlie Dent, can do something about that.
Allentown Resident

Allentown, PA

#7 Aug 8, 2009
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text> why don't you go live in an adult community or condo or even a bubble for that matter, get a life and worry about yourself and stop bothering others who have a life and like to enjoy it.
Of course make sure your bubble is up to code,has permits and the proper property line setback!

“Trying to do the best I can.”

Since: Jul 07

Lehigh Valley, PA

#8 Aug 8, 2009
What will be next? I think those motorized, battery operated childrens toys. They look just like ATV's!!

This is ridiculous.
Honky Lips

Allentown, PA

#9 Aug 9, 2009
Laws are the tools used to chisel away freedom.
Whocares

Hartford, CT

#10 Aug 9, 2009
Ride the ATV, but be respectful of your neighbors. Is it that difficult to refrain from riding if the neighbors are having a party or have laundry out? And to the neighbors, let the neighbors have fun when you are not enjoying the outdoors. Sad that people can not be respectful and come to a compromise that suits everyone. There are more important issues in today's world. Maybe North Whitehall could convert one of it's many parks into an ATV park.
east penn tax payer

Macungie, PA

#11 Aug 9, 2009
hahaha wrote:
I really think that everyone should mind their own business and live their own lives, everyone has their own enjoyments in life and ATV's is one of ours. What you may think is a nuisence may not be one to me; as what I may think is a nuisence may not be to you. Last I checked this is a free country and who are you to dictate to us what we can and cannot do on our properties we are tax payers just as you are; so what is fair for one is fair for all! If you can't enjoy life then go buy a bubble to live in don't take someone elses happiness away just because you are miserable in your own life!
could not have been said any better

lets start a business selling bubbles, because we will need a lot them
ATV rider

Walnutport, PA

#12 Aug 10, 2009
I think the park thing is a great idea. Did you know that 1 in 30 Pennsylvanians owns an ATV? Yet there is almost NOWHERE to ride besides private property. Make an off road park and promote safe and responsible riding instead of just trying to ban something all together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Leo 1,190,231
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr Pearl Jam 308,914
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 71,553
Lee Laubach Jr. sworn in as interim Allentown f... Fri silly rabbit 1
Man faces drug, child endangerment charges afte... Fri silly rabbit 1
Stroud Supervisor Jim Decker accused of theft f... Fri silly rabbit 3
Woman jailed 2 to 7 years for stealing $1.8M fr... Fri silly rabbit 1

Allentown News Video

Allentown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]