Lansford man files police abuse suit

Full story: The Morning Call

A Lansford man has sued his hometown and Nesquehoning in federal court, saying police from the communities roughed him up this summer and injured his left elbow when they investigated an incident at a property ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of110
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Fill in the blank

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Soberick
Mommas boy

Pittston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Looks like momma's boy got the borough in trouble again. It take 3 cops to put out a fire 3 feet in diamter, that was contained by cinder blocks. Maybe tattooo kid should have called out a county wide fire call to put it out. OH, I forgot, he would need that, there wasn't a 12 year old beating him up. Don't worry Jack, mommy will make it alright
boo hoo

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

another case of a drunken lansford scummy resident failing to take the blame for their actions; sue to cover up responsibility. This is the type of suit that needs to be fought, unfortunately the insurance company will settle. Lawyers know these type of suits usual end up with a quit cash settlement.
By the way Soberick is NOT named in the suit, as he was not even involved in the physical arrest but filed on information received from Ohl/Breiner. But obviously everything in the town is completely his fault, I could'nt agree more with your sound logic. I is clear from postings such as yours that your are of great intellect.
boo hoo

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

correct last line typo:

IT is clear
allentown

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

That's it Kokinda, ride the sue train you drunk piece of crap.
Here we go again

Schnecksville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

GO PAULIE GO!
GO PAULIE GO!
GO PAULIE GO!

THE most corrupt law enforcement, in my opinion, in the state. Just because the police said he was drunk and unruly doesn't mean it happened.

I've known about this since the day it happened. What the paper doesn't tell you is Soberick has threatened and harassed Paulie since this happened.

You talk about council wasting money...Soberick as been directly or indirectly behind the majority of the police law-suites in P.V.
Enough with Jack

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Enough
DO SOMETHING

Andover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

WHY CAN'T SOMEONE EXPOSE THIS PEICE OF CRAP ALREADY. HIS FRIEND (JEFF WAINWRIGHT) AND GIRLFRIEND (MARY KRUZICK)? ALONE COST THE BOROUGH $400,000.00 NOT INCLUDING LEGAL EXPENSES WITH THEIR LAWSUITS.
AND HIS MOTHER IS INTO THE MILLIONS WITH HER COUNCIL POSITION. AND HIS GIRLFRIEND IS ON COUNCIL AS WELL.
DO SOMETHING

Andover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

JACK SOBERICK
Peter Feltersnatch

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Lansford should fire their entire police department and get Chuck Norris to enforce the law.

-----
This message paid for by the Friends of Feltersnatch for Carbon County Commissioner.
Coalcracker

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

allentown wrote:
That's it Kokinda, ride the sue train you drunk piece of crap.
This Kokinda owns two businesses in Lansford that contributes to what little tax base there is.
Why

Palmerton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Why was a Nesquehoning Cop even in Lansford that night? Can't they control a little fire without help. Seems mutal aid is getting a little out of hand.
Here we go again

Schnecksville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Peter Feltersnatch wrote:
Lansford should fire their entire police department and get Chuck Norris to enforce the law.
-----
This message paid for by the Friends of Feltersnatch for Carbon County Commissioner.
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Jack Soberick so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter he grew a beard.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

When God kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden, Chuck Norris stayed because God was too afraid to ask him to leave.

Chuck Norris loves Police Academy 2. This is the only reason why Lansford Police are still alive.

Chuck Norris once took sleeping pills. They made him blink.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
Enough with Jack

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

DO SOMETHING wrote:
WHY CAN'T SOMEONE EXPOSE THIS PEICE OF CRAP ALREADY. HIS FRIEND (JEFF WAINWRIGHT) AND GIRLFRIEND (MARY KRUZICK)? ALONE COST THE BOROUGH $400,000.00 NOT INCLUDING LEGAL EXPENSES WITH THEIR LAWSUITS.
AND HIS MOTHER IS INTO THE MILLIONS WITH HER COUNCIL POSITION. AND HIS GIRLFRIEND IS ON COUNCIL AS WELL.
You are an idiot. The morons on council who wrongfully discharged these people have cost the Borough the money
jake

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

anyone who knows paulie kokinda knows he is not a drunk piece of crap. he must have something going for him if he has two business. as afar as soberick goes what was his problem on summit hill and tamaquas departnent he has enough shortcommings most people would not be surprised if he would be harrasing kokinda
Old Timer

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

I remember a time when people respected others, respected the law, and respected themselves. Now Lansford is a haven for drunks, drug addicts, and thieves. Reading some comments here, you would think everyone in Lansford is a fine upstanding citizen, much like the resident of Kline Ave who fired a shotgun into his neighbor's homes, and the police departments are staffed with nothing but Tackleberry types. These guys have a hard enough job responding to all the asinine complaints let alone dealing with a bunch of idiots who can't follow the no burning ordinance in town. Time for a little street justice like in the old days and let the cops deal with the real crimes that normal police forces deal with. And if you're drunk and arguing with a police officer, expect to be arrested.
Native Hiller

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

I hope Carl Breiner and Jeff Ohl are found to be in the clear of these allegations. They are good Police Officers.

Along with that, I hope some people get a life and quit wasting their time worrying about Jack Soberick and Rosemary Cannon.
Adam Resnick

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

I could not imagine being a police officer these days! You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't! The sad part is this guy will probably get a settlement!

And to all the Soberick haters out there, he is one of the best officers in all of Carbon County! He takes his job seriously, but always finds himself in trouble by doing his damn job!

As for Breiner and Ohl, these two gentleman are also very good officers. It's always the guys who go to work, do their job, and take down the bad guys who get themselves in these messes.

Is their any truth that Nesquehoning PD can no longer back Lansford up without making a dozen phone calls first?

What a joke
Because I know

Schnecksville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Sweetie pie wrote:
I'm sure these Officers were just doing their jobs. The scum involved seemed to make their own beds and are now "lieing" in it.
I also love a man in uniform who knows how to rough it up.
You wouldn't happen to be the girl who was stripping for our fine Lansford police officers in the Dept. office about 2-3 yrs ago are you? That's how "good" our police force is around here.

As for the Soberick stuff...Too many people have short term memory. That is until this looser make the paper again. His mother...? She is what she is...A two-faced, lying b*&h
OLDE DUDE

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Dagnabbed! It sounds to me like your all brothers and sisters. You all know each others stuff. YucK ! Its like my pappy always said:" If your stuck, watern gonna do?".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of110
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Allentown Forum right now

Search the Allentown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,071,243
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 68,106
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Incompetent Obama 51,103
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr Community Organizer Skill 3,745
Allentown releases draft of plan for community ... 4 hr Julian Kern 35
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr cpeter1313 304,884
Allentown business owner claims city lowballed ... 13 hr silly rabbit 1
•••
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
•••

Allentown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••