Feds arrest auto theft ring suspect in Allentown

Jun 16, 2007 Full story: The Morning Call 14

FBI agents arrested an Allentown man early today on charges he was part of an auto theft ring that spanned at least four states.

Gilberto Espinosa, of 1008 W. Juniata St., was one of seven people charged with multiple counts including illegally tagging stolen vehicles, interstate transportation of stolen vehicles and altering titles to motor vehicles, said Jim Margolin, an FBI special agent in the New York field office.

Espinosa was arrested at 6 a.m. following a raid on his residence. Read more

Full Story
menotyu

Vancouver, WA

#2 Jun 16, 2007
OREGON HAS ELIMINATED CAR THEFT!

That's right....
No 'Grand Theft Auto'....
No 'Vehicle Theft'....
Nobody 'steals cars' here....
Calling someone a thief and charging him with stealing might cause 'self esteem' issues.
Therefore....
Our Legislature, in its infinite wisdom, has passed laws regarding "Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle".

"OOPS! You mean I was supposed to ASK before I BORROWED your car?!?"

“Made in America”

Since: Apr 07

Allentown, Pa

#4 Jun 16, 2007
you know...I had a class called State and Local Government...we had to write a research essay on one law but from two different states...if you want a good laugh pick two states and look at how they define their law compared to another state...I did liquor laws in New York and Utah...I still laugh when I see that report I did...the 50 states as a whole is kinda funny but seperately they are hilarious
blake

Newtonville, NY

#5 Jun 21, 2007
i stole a chevy s10 blazer from whitehall n.y
and im still free and my girlfriend stole a car and she got aressted cops ar so stupid
John D

Warren, NJ

#7 Jun 22, 2007
More Hispanics up to no good.

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

#8 Jun 22, 2007
We already have that violation
angry allentownian wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding? That is just assnine. I thought the morons we have in office in P.A. were bad. Wow,???

“rockin pandas”

Whitehall

#9 Jun 22, 2007
I saw a newer blazer come flying past me on Dolphin St and it didn't dim its lights and the tail lights were out. I was betting it was stolen but didn't have enough evidence to bother 911 operators

“rockin pandas”

Whitehall

#11 Jun 22, 2007
No idea
<quoted text>Do you know if they started up that auto theft task force yet?

“Made in America”

Allentown, Pa

#12 Jun 22, 2007
<quoted text>Do you know if they started up that auto theft task force yet?
they should worry more about that than the bootleg arts park they were on. The only art in the park is the Divinci Horse that has been there. But alas...Palowski likes art more than stopping criminals...pretty up the city for the criminals...which something interesting...I do not know if he has an honorary membership or if he paid but he has a 5,000 some odd dollar membership the the Art Museum and from what I understand Allentown is looking to buy the Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum...but apparently that is on the downlow as this youngsters say lol
Amanda

Bally, PA

#14 Jun 22, 2007
John D wrote:
More Hispanics up to no good.
Ooooh you are just trying to pick a fight with someone aren't you?

“Quit whining.......”

Since: Jun 07

King Of Prussia, PA

#15 Jun 23, 2007
blake wrote:
and im still free and my girlfriend stole a car and she got aressted cops ar so stupid
Obviously this is yet another post from a teenager who has very little to do now that school is out.....

“Made in America”

Allentown, Pa

#16 Jun 23, 2007
<quoted text>How's that saying go? You can't polish a turd? He sure is trying though.
Yessir...see the thing I don't get is why he wants to spend $10 million on a museum that runs fine on its own...it's only problem is that they have been running an Abe Lincoln exhibit waaaayyyy past it's shelf life...they also seem to not get why Latinos are not attracted to the museum...I told them they should have like a Puerto Rican thing there...like spanning from the 50s when they came to Pennsylvania...I said you could have something about how Bethlehem Steel recruited them and there's alot of history...the guy just looked at me like I was friggin Einstein...but alas...the city can spend 10 millian on that and not of policing the city...that makes very little sense...especially when Palowski spent thousands to refurbish his office because he has allergies...I wish I could do that...I was told to just take allergy pills

Chicago, IL

#17 Jun 23, 2007
fatboy2 wrote:
No idea
<quoted text>
Lehigh county has one.

Allentown, PA

#20 Jun 23, 2007
blake wrote:
So tell me, when was the last time that someone accused you of being smart?

“Made in America”

Allentown, Pa

#21 Jun 26, 2007
<quoted text>And now they are looking at paying him more money. I think a performance based pay scale is whats needed. If the city has no major violent crimes in a week he can have a paycheck. Every major crime that occurs he is docked 25%, then maybe he would get our town cleaned up.
I like that Idea...this reply took too long lol...my replies thingie is so not working!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,141,928
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr weselldildos 306,567
P&P Mill Debuts Luxury Apartments in Allentown ... (Jul '08) 18 hr A-town Observer 33
Six Lehigh Valley schools get $25,000 grants to... 18 hr silly rabbit 1
Man stabbed in the chest in east Allentown; he'... 22 hr silly rabbit 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sat JOEL 70,577
Allentown police asking for help locating pizza... Sat silly rabbit 1

Allentown News Video

Allentown Dating
Find my Match

Allentown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Allentown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Allentown

Personal Finance