My child's friend has head lice -- what should I do?

Full story: The Morning Call

Q: My daughter's friend has head lice. Now, every time I see my kids scratch their heads, my head gets itchy and I get alarmed.

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 151 of151
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Terry

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Permethrin is very dangerous and can ultimately lead to cancer and neurological problems. You can kill scabies naturally instead of using dangerous chemicals like permethrin. If your looking to kill your scabies with 3 items from your grocery store within 24 hours you should visit --> http://ScabiesHomeCure.info
Nit Picker

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

MyStoryAboutIt wrote:
This story takes me way back to when I was a child. My parents were hosts to a student from Ecuador whom they allowed to live with us and they welcomed her into our home. We shared my bed, since our home was small. She was a lovely girl, but little did we know, she was infested with lice.
My nitemare began in school and every morning thereafter. My head was infested, and I mean infested with these crawly little critters. I was scared. My mother discovered them while I was scratching my head. When she finally decided to check my head (after 2 months) she was a shock!
Since we knew little about lice back in the early 70's, I suffered tremendously. My brothers had it, my parents got them and every single person I came in contact with got them.
My mother finally checked the girl's head, and to her surprise she was shocked to find that it was her, that carried the lice and infested our home.
Be careful who you allow to enter your home. Our once happy home, turned into a "Nitemare Lice Infested Home!"
Our good deed to our local church, turned into a disaster for me, my parents and my whole family.
Lice is bad, they lay eggs all over the place and you can see the lice crawling. I had them by the hundreds in my head, and they doubled in quantity since we did not catch it on time.
were do i start 1- they lay eggs only in hair on a human 2-you Cannot detect were a infestation starts you may have given them to this poor girl 3- thoroughly combing your hair with a lice comb while showering would have ended this "nightmare" in a week 4- comments and stories like this are what cause the vile stygma associated with head lice a clean well groomed person is more likly to get head lice than a person with greasy dirty hair as there hair is easier to lay eggs in, treating hair with chemicals is what has created resistant lice if you cant remove the lice seek a treatment center and request no chemicals be used google lice treatment reactions they are nasty please dont be so vile in judging different social economical statuses by infestations expecially for a condition as common as the cold
Susan

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

The ONLY way to get rid of lice properly is through a professional lice removal service. I own a company called "LiceBgoners, and that just what we do! You can try all the shampoos you want, oils and mayonnaise if you like, but you will only be wasting your time and money!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Shave your head so you don't get them.
momy

Olney, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

As for ending the no-nit policy, just get a new school district that has one. It's easier than trying to convince lax minded, in-denial, increasingly impoverished, state subsidized school districts, that nits are live eggs promising the spread of more infestations. They must not consider the discomfort caused by a blood sucking parasitic infestation a potential hinderance to learning.

True NITS are not the same as EGGS! True nits are more than 1/4 of an inch from the scalp and are NOT viable eggs. This is where the school districts are coming from and currently the american academy of pediatrics, the american school nurses association AND the CDC do NOT recommend no nit policies...Just wish my school district would get the memo.
Stephanie

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

I remember the first time I had lice my mom didn't know she check me and thought it was dandruff then my head was so itchy she took me I the doctor and they checked me and found out I had lice I was so scared but they gave my lice Medican and it work u can also use listerine but the REAL listerine and mayonnaise or olive oil ( the cooking one) anyway my friend has lice she told me should I sit next to her ?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

IF this Kid hasn't been taken to the DOC by Now..since this thread is Dated..2008..YOU HAVE INFESTED the Whole Town by now!!
Morrina Lizbet Laughlin

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

MyStoryAboutIt wrote:
This story takes me way back to when I was a child. My parents were hosts to a student from Ecuador whom they allowed to live with us and they welcomed her into our home. We shared my bed, since our home was small. She was a lovely girl, but little did we know, she was infested with lice.
My nitemare began in school and every morning thereafter. My head was infested, and I mean infested with these crawly little critters. I was scared. My mother discovered them while I was scratching my head. When she finally decided to check my head (after 2 months) she was a shock!
Since we knew little about lice back in the early 70's, I suffered tremendously. My brothers had it, my parents got them and every single person I came in contact with got them.
My mother finally checked the girl's head, and to her surprise she was shocked to find that it was her, that carried the lice and infested our home.
Be careful who you allow to enter your home. Our once happy home, turned into a "Nitemare Lice Infested Home!"
Our good deed to our local church, turned into a disaster for me, my parents and my whole family.
Lice is bad, they lay eggs all over the place and you can see the lice crawling. I had them by the hundreds in my head, and they doubled in quantity since we did not catch it on time.
Eeew! How did you get rid of them?
Anonymous

Derby, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

MyStoryAboutIt wrote:
<quoted text>
People, please don't try what this person is saying above!!!
Headlice are NOT easy to get rid of!! Please, don't believe one word until you lived it! This person above makes it sound like this remedy will work. It doesn't!
Oil makes is the worst thing you want to apply to your hair infested with lice! It will smear, and they will come back once you wash your hair.
You need to see a doctor immediately and please don't try to cure this with any types of "home remedies" it just won't work!
Give me a break with your...
"All you need is a small amount of oil (olive oil, cooking oil, anything like that) and a few drops of tea tree oil and a headlice comb"
Your gonna need more than that!!!
Your a joke!
My sister had hundreds and hundreds of head lice crawling around on her head a couple years ago. As soon as she got them I talked to my friend who had a bad lice situation and she told me about the tea tree treatment. I researched this in libraries, and on the Websters looking over countless articles. Let me tell you something about tea tree oil. It's the only "home remedy" in the world that has been proven by scientists to actually work. It won't kill the lice but it repels them because for some silly reason they don't like it. My whole family got lice because of my sister and I didn't because I washed my hair with tea tree shampoo and condition everyday. I tried it on my family who had had them for months and months and I got rid of them in one month. I don't care what you say I'm sold; tea tree products work and to this day I use them because they make my hair feel awesome! Also, I think you were being very rude by calling the person a joke. Grow up gurl, what are you, twelve?
Parent

Valley Cottage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

So do lice go through your wallets first to see who has money and who doesn't? How ignorant are you?! I'm embarrassed for you for posting that!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

What a shittty parent you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 151 of151
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Allentown Forum right now

Search the Allentown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,033,697
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min Eric 65,113
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Reality 51,255
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr NoahRS 303,209
Raid of Allentown home leads to 13 drug-related... 2 hr silly rabbit 1
Allentown overcharged suburbs more than $2.1 mi... 5 hr silly rabbit 1
Special court rules against families who claim ... (Feb '09) 15 hr 100 percent frienduh 127
•••
•••

Allentown News Video

•••
Allentown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Allentown Jobs

•••
•••
•••