My child's friend has head lice -- wh...

My child's friend has head lice -- what should I do?

There are 164 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 14, 2008, titled My child's friend has head lice -- what should I do?. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Q: My daughter's friend has head lice. Now, every time I see my kids scratch their heads, my head gets itchy and I get alarmed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

“Ahhhhh! R&R!”

Since: Mar 07

Coatesville

#136 May 29, 2008
RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Since: Feb 07

Middle Village, NY

#138 May 29, 2008
AlexdaSeal wrote:
<quoted text>
since i run my own business and rake in tons of cash for doing next to nothing ( gotta love technology), i have spare time. Spare time to shut down ape dick loving wh/ores like u.
Running your mouth seems to be your business. Gotta brag about cash because of other deficiencies you have.
jez

UK

#141 Jan 16, 2009
my friends children have lice (they are not on benfits) and ive had to stop contact with her as she doesnt seem to care! As soon as i see my children itching i look through their hair. I pull every egg an lice out-even the tiniest lice. I found heating the eggs with hair straighteners loosend up the eggs. The lotion didnt seem to help and irritated my childrens head.
American Born

Bethlehem, PA

#142 Jan 16, 2009
Ewwww... temper temper kelly lol lol!!! Your quite the fighter i see :-)

Lehighton, PA

#143 Jan 16, 2009
American Born wrote:
Ewwww... temper temper kelly lol lol!!! Your quite the fighter i see :-)
ROTFLMAO!!! OMG! It's the Head Lice Thread!
American Born

Bethlehem, PA

#144 Jan 16, 2009
Kelly7 wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO!!! OMG! It's the Head Lice Thread!
Yup... i have no idea why it was posted again but your comments rocked... way to go girl!!

Lehighton, PA

#145 Jan 17, 2009
American Born wrote:
<quoted text> Yup... i have no idea why it was posted again but your comments rocked... way to go girl!!
Ah, I believe this was my very first own personal troll! I never flagged her comments but mcall pulled them.
American Born

Stanton, NJ

#146 Jan 17, 2009
Kelly7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I believe this was my very first own personal troll! I never flagged her comments but mcall pulled them.
Yeah the trolls are fun... i ran into one the other day... Freddy Pickle was his handle... turns out he posts all over topix and just starts fights.
lisa

Thunder Bay, Canada

#147 Jan 17, 2009
When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
pmnsk42

Brewster, MA

#149 Mar 25, 2009
Olive oil works. Grease them up and comb away...leave oil on for at least 8 hours. Shampoo out with dish detergent and search net for treatment schedule (it's about every 4 or so days for 3 weeks). Nit pick on the off days. Persistence!
Lorraine

Fair Oaks, CA

#150 Mar 27, 2009
Just use the cheapest Mayonaise you can find, before bed put it all over the head, place a plastic shower cap on over night, they will go nuts for awhile, and then they will be dead from suffocation. Leave it on all night.
I do not like chemicals on the head. and the lice can get resistant to the products that they sell for head lice.
Your hair will be soft and shiny. This has been proven to really work
Lorraine
taylor

Rocky River, OH

#151 Apr 28, 2009
look whatever people are saying to you dont believe it i mean olive oil and any other regular oil has grease lice want to eat more you know and so if you keep feeding them oil thats going to cause more lice. DUH!!! Grease is going to make it worse and so is mayonaise. SO my suggestion is that you should visit your doctor before touching anything at all i mean you waste $20000 by buying treatments that WONT WORK!!
U dont listen

United States

#152 Apr 28, 2009
Cut their heads off.
emiooo

Perth, Australia

#155 Apr 3, 2010
heyy guyz
my best friend has lice and we have all gotten it from her it's reallly annoying
do u think I should tell her ...?
she has had it since last yr

any comments?
xx emiooo
Mullins

Maryville, TN

#156 Apr 3, 2010
Ewwwww of all the boards I have been on this one made me itch- Ewwwwww logging out FAST!!!
PainKiller

Australia

#157 Apr 3, 2010
Just dous there head in petrol and light a match. This worked for me when my daughter had headlice and she now has no problems with nits. She cant grow hair at all now its great u save so much money on headlice solutions.yeah she gets picked on for having scars where her hair used to be but this is better than having nits!
DITTO 4 MINORITIES

Old Forge, PA

#158 Apr 4, 2010
PainKiller wrote:
Just dous there head in petrol and light a match. This worked for me when my daughter had headlice and she now has no problems with nits. She cant grow hair at all now its great u save so much money on headlice solutions.yeah she gets picked on for having scars where her hair used to be but this is better than having nits!
this advice is especially good for blacks and latinos in downtown allentown.
PainKiller

Australia

#159 Apr 6, 2010
DITTO 4 MINORITIES wrote:
<quoted text>this advice is especially good for blacks and latinos in downtown allentown.
HaHa just a little bit of racism there but im not one to blow the whistle there, infact burn the f*cking whistle too!
LRC is a good solution

Pittsburgh, PA

#160 Apr 8, 2010
There is lice removal center in Pittsburgh that sells an organic yeast based solution that works super well and is safe for kids. Me and my wife used it on our hair and it worked great. Just grab some of there product and one of there special nit combs and you are good to go. It will take about 2 weeks to get rid of em.

Look for LRC in Pittsburgh online you should find what you need!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#161 May 11, 2010
www.lousebuster.com
Is an FDA cleared medical device that gets rid of head lice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,604,418
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min weapon X 317,645
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 33 min weapon X 149
News Pa. Arson Suspects: Ghosts Ordered Barn Fire (Apr '16) 4 hr weapon X 23
News Anti-abortion protesters don't deserve payment ... (Apr '07) 16 hr weapon X 23
News Man grabbed women in Allentown parks, police ad... Mon weapon X 3
News Allentown mayor, accused of selling favors, saysa Mon weapon X 4

Allentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages