Gettysburg Street Gang Linked to Alle...

Gettysburg Street Gang Linked to Allentown

Posted in the Allentown Forum

Tony Oho

Springfield, NJ

#1 Oct 29, 2012
Allentown may have its share of problems, but Gettysburg is quickly becoming the biggest cesspool of violent gang crime on the East Coast.

Newspapers, police and victims have all commented about the Gettysburg gang crime epidemic on the public record.

It is so bad there that a man was stalked down and SET ON FIRE as part of a gang initiation ritual. They had to cancel Halloween because of the threats made against children.

Murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, you name it, it happens in Gettysburg. It is a sick sick town.

The Gettysburg locals blame Allentown and York for the gang members. They say that Allentown can't control it's own problems and that it is to blame for the violent crime spree.
A-town Observer

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Oct 30, 2012
Tony Oho wrote:
Allentown may have its share of problems, but Gettysburg is quickly becoming the biggest cesspool of violent gang crime on the East Coast.
Newspapers, police and victims have all commented about the Gettysburg gang crime epidemic on the public record.
It is so bad there that a man was stalked down and SET ON FIRE as part of a gang initiation ritual. They had to cancel Halloween because of the threats made against children.
Murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, you name it, it happens in Gettysburg. It is a sick sick town.
The Gettysburg locals blame Allentown and York for the gang members. They say that Allentown can't control it's own problems and that it is to blame for the violent crime spree.
Gettysburg has to control it's own problems. Blaming it on Allentown seems a little "far fetched" to me considering you have Reading, Lancaster, York, and Harrisburg (all crime ridden arguable worse then what we see here in Allentown) in closer proximity. I have researched Gettysburg and have not seen any evidence of high crime statistics. Matter of fact in most categories they are considerably lower then the country and Pennsylvania's average. I don't think you know what your talking about. Just because you have a few "gang" related incidents, as you say, doesn't mean it is a bad place. Good luck though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nuculur option 1,394,862
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr zach 311,329
News 'They were trying to help': Armed anti-heroin c... Fri silly rabbit 2
News Vigil set in Allentown after Orlando club shooting Jun 22 Christsharians on... 14
Review: Majestic Interiors Inc (Feb '09) Jun 22 Chuck 35
silly rabbit is unemployed and uneducated (Apr '14) Jun 21 silly rabbit 55
News Sam Bennett announcing run for Allentown mayor Jun 21 INQUISITOR 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allentown Mortgages