Since: Nov 12

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

So, what's the story out at the Rea? I've heard that someone from the office was walked out for failing a drug test, around a half dozen people walked out at one time, and that Ada and the plant manager had been let go.

Has Ford or GM actually pulled any lines out? Someone let me know what the heck is going on out there, please? Thanks.
PrettyInPink

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Ford and GM have not pulled anything out. Ada wasnt let go. She went back to the home office. It is still there and everyone is still working as much as they all were before.
Loose ends

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Plant manager is gone.

Since: Nov 12

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Thanks for the clarification guys. You know how bad the rumor mill is. Glad to hear no business has been lost but not glad to hear that the work schedules have not improved at all despite managements promises. Another plant manager down the drain, that's number 5 since January. Best of luck to whoever ends up being #6.
Much better

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

The place is much better since Oscar took over and Ada was sent home. But people are still leaving one after another because they can't get any time off.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

still needs a union!
Working

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Are they closing the doors soon?
Skid Marks

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Are they still hiring through temp agencies?
Hardly

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I was told that they are closing doors and moving out of this town. It may be later in the year but it is inevitable. I would suggest that everybody go look for new jobs. You are going to need them by the time the doors close.
Skid Marks

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Hardly wrote:
I was told that they are closing doors and moving out of this town. It may be later in the year but it is inevitable. I would suggest that everybody go look for new jobs. You are going to need them by the time the doors close.
No disrespect but how credible is your source?
Hardly

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Skid Marks wrote:
<quoted text>
No disrespect but how credible is your source?
Someone that I know that works in HR. Alot of people have already left and found other jobs, so I guess it could happen.....
notsurprised

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I used to be a full time employee there last year and they were on the brink of loosing ford as a customer when I left. Due to bad parts getting to them.I am not surprised if they do shut down bc it was all about numbers for production.I do understand that you need to meet production to make money but when you are running bad parts and call maintenance to fix welding robot or the fixture they would rig it up to make it thru shift so next shift would have to worry about it or give us a mallet to beat ob the fixture to secure part into place. Then they wonder why parts don't meet the specs when it is at final gauging station.I have no doubt in my mind that if they don't change alot with their maintenance and overall attitude towards taking the workers input on how things need to change on the floor that it will be loosing alot of customers which in the end will lead to ALOT of layoffs.
Really

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Hardly wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone that I know that works in HR. Alot of people have already left and found other jobs, so I guess it could happen.....
Are you out of your mind! Why would they be expanding the building and spending money like drunken sailors on new lines and upgrading others if they are going to move this facility.

And we are running better than we ever have. Old employees that left are now coming back.

Your source is WRONG dude.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Maybe they meant they talked to the imaginary friend HR Pufnstuf?
Philosophy

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

I got a question... Who in the hell would want to work there?
shiddet on

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Terrible management since it was Buddy Talent.
Terri

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

In the short amount of time I've worked there it has caught fire multiple times, there has been a death, plant manager has changed several times, and the group leader was walked out.
WTF

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Trigger wrote:
They need to grow a pair and call the IAM. If they want better working conditions they'll have to stand up for them, if not, well have fun gettng shafted.
A union will not a single thing. A union has no control over the day to day operations NONE. Ask some of the folks at Metalsa how they like the union.
Jucie jane

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Yeah ask the ones who are making 12.00 an hour next to someone who is making almost 18.00. Ask about all the layoffs..being screwed out of holiday pay because they lay them off before the holiday...ask about not getting attendance pay because they lay them off so that counts against them...ask about no paid sick time...ask about paying union dues and getting nothing in return...oh they will tell you that it would be much worse if there was not a union...they will tell you that they get a bonus check but in reality they are just giving you back some of the money that they have screwed yo out of! Ask about all of the paid time off that their union people get off for "meetings" they spend more time off the floor than on the floor...why wouldn't they support the union? They are not fools..the fools are all those hard working people who are on the floor paying union dues every month so there lazy butts can sit around and have meetings and eat...look how fat they probably are...they are in with the company and anyone who works there will tell you that ..they are fed up and there is nothing they can do about it but keep on paying union dues.....GO UNION!!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Jane the HR Goon once again lies. Please tell us the EXACT place these things occur other than your HR Goon union busting handbook!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Allensville Discussions

Search the Allensville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 146,968
Michelle Skuljan 1 hr Kenny 1
bus garage 1 hr whew 8
Ryans Closed Blacks Screwed 2 hr Rational Anarcist 14
Former Police Captain Arrested (Aug '08) 2 hr mano 26
Amanda Stokes (Oct '12) 2 hr mermaid 8
CCHS football 3 hr Who is the qb 19
•••
•••
•••
Allensville Dating

more search filters

less search filters